Jump to content

In an ideal scenario, how often should Jason die in a match?  

41 members have voted

  1. 1. In an ideal scenario, how often should Jason die in a match?



Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

If you have your mask on and come in and surprise shift slash it’s a good way to start the fight. Should’ve gave more info

If the mask is still on then yes, Stalk-Shift-Slash that bitch till your hearts content. Don't get "caught up in the moment" so to speak, and just go slash-happy with no regard to your own HP though. Trading shots with any counselor armed with an axe or machete is never a good idea even with a weapon-strength Jason.  In Rage mode or not, you will always get stunned when the mask breaks, and it gives them enough time to heal up and get ready to start the kill.

Edit:

I wanted to add an experience I had a while back trying to kill Jason. I was Tommy, and a long-time friend was Sweater-Girl. Jason was a p9 and we were on Higgens small. P9's got low HP, so we thought it'd be an easy kill since he'd taken a good bit of damage already and I shotgunned him to get away with the sweater.

We hole up in the lodge,and he goes around breaking all the exterior doors, then disappears. We wait a couple of minutes and... nothing. Suddenly he Stalk-Shift-Slash's me once, then Morphs away. Couple of minutes later, same thing except he grabs after slashing. He gets PK'ed, then demasked, then Morphs away before sweater can be used. He kills off the rest of the lobby, then disappears until time ribs out.

He never got us, but we never got him either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If the mask is still on then yes, Stalk-Shift-Slash that bitch till your hearts content. Don't get "caught up in the moment" so to speak, and just go slash-happy with no regard to your own HP though. Trading shots with any counselor armed with an axe or machete is never a good idea even with a weapon-strength Jason.  In Rage mode or not, you will always get stunned when the mask breaks, and it gives them enough time to heal up and get ready to start the kill.

Yes, exactly. Good information added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting back on topic, the majority responding to the poll feel a 1-10% chance is fitting. If adjustments were made for this, then I think Jason would be a bit more feared for a time. On the other hand, familiarity with the maps and game mechanics would eventually make that meaningless, and we would be right back where we started with this conversation.

The next highest value of 11-25%, which would be equally ideal for this game. A one in four kill wouldn't be so bad.

If the right adjustments were made, killing Jason would feel more like an accomplishment to those who feel like it's a joke right now.

We know the development team has little time left, and both hands tied behind their backs due to the lawsuit, but hopefully some promising adjustments can come before the bitter end.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

Getting back on topic, the majority responding to the poll feel a 1-10% chance is fitting. If adjustments were made for this, then I think Jason would be a bit more feared for a time. On the other hand, familiarity with the maps and game mechanics would eventually make that meaningless, and we would be right back where we started with this conversation.

The next highest value of 11-25%, which would be equally ideal for this game. A one in four kill wouldn't be so bad.

If the right adjustments were made, killing Jason would feel more like an accomplishment to those who feel like it's a joke right now.

We know the development team has little time left, and both hands tied behind their backs due to the lawsuit, but hopefully some promising adjustments can come before the bitter end.

1 in 4 is a long way from 1 in 75, which is what was intended. 

Think about it from this angle: Why is Jason easy to kill? Don't say "Because the devs nerfed him", that much is obvious. I'm talking specifically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 in 75 is 1.33% so let's just say 1 in 50 adjusting for all the nerfs and buffs that's happened since that 1in 75 was touted. That's still only 2%.  I originally said 3% but I could probably deal with 5% at the very most regardless of how skilled anyone is.  25%? it's that now possibly higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2020 at 3:23 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

1 in 75 is 1.33% so let's just say 1 in 50 adjusting for all the nerfs and buffs that's happened since that 1in 75 was touted. That's still only 2%.  I originally said 3% but I could probably deal with 5% at the very most regardless of how skilled anyone is.  25%? it's that now possibly higher.

The biggest reason(s) the kill is so easy are,  in my opinion:

Jason's HP is far lower than it should be (if you can get demasked in 1-2 hits. It's too fuckin low)

The "progress bar" resets when Jason gets dropped to his knees (the only way you're going to have enough time to tap out of the stun is if Tommy wasted too much time getting over to you)

Combat as Jason is more broken than the 10 commandments (quick-block isn't quick, you can block everything thrown at you and still lose your mask or get stunned anyway, etc...)

Blocking should not damage Jason, nor should he get stunned from melee weapons while blocking. The biggest reason the kill is so easy is Jason simply can't win against a swarm of attacking  counselors. He's most likely going to get his ass kicked at least until Rage activates, and that is fucking bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

The biggest reason the kill is so easy is Jason simply can't win against a swarm of attacking  counselors. He's most likely going to get his ass kicked at least until Rage activates, and that is fucking bullshit.

 A good way to prevents gangbangs would be to allow Jasons weapon damage to automatically go up if he’s surrounded by counselors. This would help him tremendously and counselors who swarm Jason should have some sort of drawback to it not reward. 

Gun Media even has a perk for counselors to deal more damage to Jason if close to each other. It’s the friendship perk. Oh gun media you guys are so bright... it’s like they designed the game for Jason to be bullied. Some of the shit they allowed counselors to do to Jason just astound me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah it would matter not the percentage, it is slightly less than 3% on xbox one according to the achievement tracker and most Jasons know when you see a lobby filled with Bugsies, Palominos, Vanessas and Jennys obviously you're getting into a kill squad, because to be honest I rarely see someone picking the hippie, the fat dude  with curly hair or the fat dude with glasses, everything is about getting the sweater and kill Jason or teabagging Jason these days, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

 A good way to prevents gangbangs would be to allow Jasons weapon damage to automatically go up if he’s surrounded by counselors. This would help him tremendously and counselors who swarm Jason should have some sort of drawback to it not reward. 

Gun Media even has a perk for counselors to deal more damage to Jason if close to each other. It’s the friendship perk. Oh gun media you guys are so bright... it’s like they designed the game for Jason to be bullied. Some of the shit they allowed counselors to do to Jason just astound me

If they're smart, they'll quit attacking when they see he's blocking. If not, they'll push him into Rage in about 3-4 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VLK said:

Nah it would matter not the percentage, it is slightly less than 3% on xbox one according to the achievement tracker and most Jasons know when you see a lobby filled with Bugsies, Palominos, Vanessas and Jennys obviously you're getting into a kill squad, because to be honest I rarely see someone picking the hippie, the fat dude  with curly hair or the fat dude with glasses, everything is about getting the sweater and kill Jason or teabagging Jason these days, 

That 3% is based on all the players on XB1 who ever acquired the game. Some of those players have given up on the game.

31 minutes ago, Jason Lover said:

How many MB's or GB's per hour does this game eat up in terms of internet usage?

That is a good question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't own the game, I got it from games with gold which is a bonus when you have gold membership you can play the game without buying as long as you keep gold, some others might have with game pass (its like rent the game) and the achievement will unlock no matter the status of ownership in your account as long as you meet the requisites for that achievement, so that 2.84% is unlocked only for the one that play as Tommy, not for the others, and it is unlocked once per account, so bottom line is, I'll take it for a demographic sample of xb1 player base that have succeeded in that particular task and that will give me and idea of how high is the probability to get nailed when playing as Jason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...