In an ideal scenario, how often should Jason die in a match?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. In an ideal scenario, how often should Jason die in a match?

This is a hot topic of discussion. How do you feel about it?

Take the following into account:

No player is helping Jason, or being troublesome in a given match (no exploits)

Counselor skill level is average

Jason skill level is average

Equipped perks vary based on player preference 

Map choice is random.

• Like 2

sorry i'm confused by the phrasing of the question... are u asking just for a percentage of times that Jason should be killed based on those parameters? or how many counselors he lets get free?

i feel stupid for asking lol.. but i wanna understand..

I'm assuming the question means the counselors are making a effort to kill you every match. I voted 1-10% that is all it ever should be regardless of conditions. Just my opinion. In fact I think it should be no higher than 3%. I bet I know who voted 26-40%.LOL

I'd be fine with it falling in the 11-25% range. And I say that as a counselor-only player.

It's difficult because the exercise is putting a quantifiable percentage to something with unquantifiable variables in terms of match context, etc. But for the sake of discussion, given that it technically only takes two counselor players who know what they're doing...

If for every 5 matches, you have Jason get the better of the lobby (let's call it 5/8 or better, no Jason kill) twice, the lobby get the better of Jason (4/8 or worse, no Jason kill) twice, and the fifth match is a Jason kill regardless of kill count up to that point, I guess that would feel right to me. But I could be talked into moving that slider slightly up or down.

Personally I find it really hard seeing Jason ever being killed nowadays especially on console now with all the new players that piggyback off of everyone else so nothing ends up getting done. So right now I'd say the kill rate is like 1-10, and it should probably be more so like 11-25 because its very rare to see it now imo.

On average, I'd say it should be around 30%, but given the number of kill squads and the general enthusiasm for killing Jason, that's why I voted double that number. It is actually easier than ever to locate the shack and grab the sweater while Jason is occupied than trying to round up repair parts and getting a repair counselor to fix the car, boat, or phone.  Teamwork is almost a non-entity in this game until the opportunity to kill Jason arises. Just my humble opinion and observation. Cheers and game on, my friends 

a max. of 5% death rate of Jason (or in other words out of 100 matches, he only gets killed every 20th match) would be fine for me.

@mattshotcha does Gunmedia keep somehow track (via their Server?) of all Quickplay matches and their results?

So that you could tell us, like how many quickplay matches have been played in 2020 at all or how often Jason  really got killed in those matches? Would be an interesting statistic, also to know how often the police got called, etc.

Just curious, as we (including myself) do often complain here in the forum that killing Jason Is too easy, facts and figures may prove us wrong.

P.S. Not sure how transparent yr big data are, but there is one thing I do not want to know: pls don’t tell me how many empty drawers I opened in my F13 gametime 😅

34 minutes ago, Wolledc said:

a max. of 5% death rate of Jason (or in other words out of 100 matches, he only gets killed every 20th match) would be fine for me.

@mattshotcha does Gunmedia keep somehow track (via their Server?) of all Quickplay matches and their results?

So that you could tell us, like how many quickplay matches have been played in 2020 at all or how often Jason  really got killed in those matches? Would be an interesting statistic, also to know how often the police got called, etc.

Just curious, as we (including myself) do often complain here in the forum that killing Jason Is too easy, facts and figures may prove us wrong.

P.S. Not sure how transparent yr big data are, but there is one thing I do not want to know: pls don’t tell me how many empty drawers I opened in my F13 gametime 😅

Unfortunately, no, there is not a set of data like that for us to view. This goes back to before my time on F13 when data was causing some issues with server storage, etc. If I'm not mistaken, it couldn't be tailored finely, to include some and not all. So it had to be limited. 

It's really unfortunate, because data is the first stop on any debate in the community such as this. But there are ways to work around it. I think we're at a point where we can confidently say our investigation has provided us with a pile of data on how effective different counselors are against Jason in different ways, and now the process of tuning that can be done to ensure we're in a good place. More news as I have it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

i'm going to say 1 - 10%

i think efforts should always be made to try and kill Jason, but i think it should be a challenging task - not impossible, but hard as fuck to accomplish... i think right now, for experienced players - it's a little too easy.

I was tempted to vote 100% just to make Strigoi spooge in his pants.

With the game as it is now, three competent players can make most Jason's their bitch far more often than should be possible.

• Haha 1

With even skill amongst Jason and the counselors. Jason should have the edge. He’s a psychotic supernatural killer. In no way in hell should tiny teens be able to whoops Jason’s ass every game. This just makes the game and Jason look like a joke

8 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

With the game as it is now, three competent players can make most Jason's their bitch far more often than should be possible.

Agree, this definitely was way too easy and this had only been a lobby with 3 counselors against Jason in it.

this makes the demand for a full lobby with more machetes, axes and pocket knives as a requirement to kill Jason quite obsolete.

i do feel like if the Ax or Machete are requirements to kill Jason, then they should only spawn 1 of each into the match - if it gets used, oh well - then your fucked, and you can't kill Jason - doesn't mean that you still can't win the match in other ways.... i think this would put an extra importance on having to trek and find those specific weapons - thus making it more challenging to kill Jason without having to adjust much in the way of hit points or anything like that.

2 hours ago, Wolledc said:

Agree, this definitely was way too easy and this had only been a lobby with 3 counselors against Jason in it.

this makes the demand for a full lobby with more machetes, axes and pocket knives as a requirement to kill Jason quite obsolete.

Agreed. We didn't need several PKs, machetes, or axes to kill Jason. Hell, I didn't even need the med spray and PK I spawned in with. This wasn't a brand new Jason, he was a 150 like the three of us are. His experience with the game didn't matter, neither did his choice of Jason, or his weapon, or our RNG of finding supplies. All that mattered was we as counselors wanted him dead.

On 4/11/2020 at 8:00 AM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Agreed. We didn't need several PKs, machetes, or axes to kill Jason. Hell, I didn't even need the med spray and PK I spawned in with. This wasn't a brand new Jason, he was a 150 like the three of us are. His experience with the game didn't matter, neither did his choice of Jason, or his weapon, or our RNG of finding supplies. All that mattered was we as counselors wanted him dead.

It took less than 5 minutes to kill me last time. I morphed to the shack w/ Tommy and sweater girl inside. Tommy hits me once, the mask comes off, sweater girl does her thing and I died instantly. 

6 hours ago, DH1986 said:

It took less than 5 minutes to kill me last time. I morphed to the shack w/ Tommy and sweater girl inside. Tommy hits me once, the mask comes off, sweater girl does her thing and I died instantly. 

Sometimes you should just not show up if you get the alert and later on go in stalk and do a stalk shift from a distance to surprise them

4 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Sometimes you should just not show up if you get the alert and later on go in stalk and do a stalk shift from a distance to surprise them

If you try this without your mask, it's near guaranteed suicide. I've killed dozens of Jason's that tried to do that very thing. If you grab SG or Tommy and get PK'ed, it's over.

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If you try this without your mask, it's near guaranteed suicide. I've killed dozens of Jason's that tried to do that very thing. If you grab SG or Tommy and get PK'ed, it's over.

Me and my friends preferred method was always SG hiding right by the door to the sweater room and stunning Jason as soon as he gets to the door. I'd guess it worked over a hundred times.

I voted 11% to 25%. I actually feel 10% to 15% is a better target. That way it's not ridiculously rare, but not every other game either.

11 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If you have your mask on and come in and surprise shift slash it’s a good way to start the fight. Should’ve gave more info

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

If you have your mask on and come in and surprise shift slash it’s a good way to start the fight. Should’ve gave more info

But of course, if they are glued together and aware, you risk losing that mask on that exit slash since you'll be stuck in recovery and obviously can't shift block and quick block maybe too late.  You might strike a few, but all it can take is one hit to demask (depending how much damage you took before that point).

8 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

But of course, if they are glued together and aware, you risk losing that mask on that exit slash since you'll be stuck in recovery and obviously can't shift block and quick block maybe too late.  You might strike a few, but all it can take is one hit to demask (depending how much damage you took before that point).

Yeah but you gotta show up to the fight at some point. And that’s why you’d just slash and run out of swing range immediately. And if you die so be it, oh well. Better to fight it out then not

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

Yeah but you gotta show up to the fight at some point. And that’s why you’d just slash and run out of swing range immediately. And if you die so be it, oh well. Better to fight it out then not

without a doubt.  I wanted to still point out that there is a risk involved and what to be careful of.  Always know what weapons they are holding and their exact position to each other before making a move.

2 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

without a doubt.  I wanted to still point out that there is a risk involved and what to be careful of.  Always know what weapons they are holding and their exact position to each other before making a move.

Yes you’re absolutely correct. At some point there will be always be an opening to de mask Jason. RIP