since anything new being created or added to the current Friday the 13th game is dead as shit - it got me thinking, when the dust settles on this whole lawsuit, and if Gun Media were to go back and release a Friday the 13th Part 2 video game - what are some things you would like to see?.. i'm going to list a couple ones I thought of, feel free to add some of your own in the comments below..

1. MORE MAPS - and - IMPROVED MAPS
it's safe to assume that we probably would've gotten more maps based on all the films, eventually, had the lawsuit not come down, but i'll still throw this on my list.. Obviously, we all want to see maps for the remaining films in the series, Parts 6 through the remake, including Grendel which we almost got.. but going back, i would like to see them fine tune, and expand upon the maps we already had.. #1. go a little deeper to get as close to film accurate as possible.. this isn't as much a complaint, as it is a suggestion.. i am cursed with being a stickler for details - and for the most part, the maps were fine - but there were little inaccuracies here and there that i noticed.. and i know in some of the maps, they had to expand on small areas - and that leads me to my #2. in the case of expanding smaller locations - we don't need 30 identical cabins scattered across the map.. take the PINEHURST MAP for instance - the main house, barn and even Ethel's house were great.. but instead of copy/paste cabins - why not The Diner that the guy and the girl get killed at? The Camper/Trailer Park thing where Demon was at? - The Higgins Haven Map, you could've added that food store from the beginning of the movie - as well as the gas station where they run into the Biker gang later (a possible place to find gas or a battery)... details pulled from the films like that i think help give the map it's own unique flavor, and for a fan like myself, go that extra mile of really bringing these locations from the films to life..

1.B - MAP VARIANTS

piggybacking off of improved maps, i would like to see new map variants - like improved weather, such as stronger stormy weather.. night time needs to be darker to make the use of the flashlight relevant.. but how about a Dusk option for each map?.. plenty of kills took place during the day in the series, but i don't know how scary a full on day map would be - but dusk would be cool? those long shadows, the orange lighting from the setting sun? why not?

2. TWEEK THE MUSIC
I personally think the music when Jason is near handicaps the surprise of Jason coming out of nowhere and attacking you.. but, at the same time, i like it lol.. so it's a catch 22 - i think maybe shorten the distance between the counselor and Jason before the music starts? IDK... BUT.. as Jason, i want to hear each Jason's own music - as a counselor, we hear all the different music for all the different Jasons - but as Jason, its the same song i hear while playing as every Jason - i figured that was something that could be fixed with a patch, but it was never done...
also... i think giving each map their own calm atmospheric music when Jason is not around would be cool too... like if we are playing a Part 6 Forest Green Map - i wanna hear the soft musical cues from Part 6 while running around and searching cabins..

3. TWEEK THE JASON MODELS
i know others have brought this up as well, so i wont go HAM on it.. but no way was Steve Dash as Sackhead Jason as broad and bulky as Kane Hodder.. i think getting the models right in terms of build, and motions are a big deal to a lot of people, myself included.. i appreciate all the hard work Kane put in, and his willingness to do it all.. but like i said, not all the other Jasons moved like Kane, or were built the same way.. thats just a little extra detail i would like to see if a Part 2 were ever made..

4. MORE STEPS TO LEAVE / KILL JASON
if a Part 2 were ever made, i think they'd have to revamp the steps and mechanics of killing Jason - going into a new game, knowing already how to take down Jason would kind of suck... perhaps, take the part 6 approach and find a way to have to lure Jason out to the water to chain him to the bottom of the lake? lol.. i dont know how that would be possible - but a switch or modification in killing Jason needs to be done... as well as adding extra steps to escaping the camp.. i think right now, for experienced players, you can get out fairly easily.. so either adding an extra step or two to repair the phone box or fix a car or boat should be considered - also - change up maybe what needs to be repaired on the car.. it's always GAS, BATTERY, KEYS.. why not throw in a flat tire you have to fix as well in place of either the batter or gas? - or in a hardcore mode, you have to fix all 3?

5. CUSTOM COUNSELORS / LEVELING UP
this is pretty straight forward - i wanna be able to create my avatar for Jason to slaughter LOL.. i think this would take advantage of the CP point system, because players would spend points to level up stats on their counselor, or buy new custom outfits.. one thing they could do to avoid having max'd out counselors running around bagging Jason, is implement an archetype system, which caps out certain stats at a set level.. so for instance, a Jock archetype might be heavy on strength and speed, but low on stealth and repair - so if you choose this archetype, you'd only be able to make your character's skills for strength and speed at around 8 or 9, and stealth and repair at around 3 or 4.. your character would start at 1 for all skills, and each match you play, you'd earn XP which you could use to purchase points to up your skills - but only up to those capped amounts (sports games like NBA2k or MLB The Show do similar things).. hopefully thats not confusing?

idk guys, just spitballing here, wut are some things you guys would like to see in a Part 2 game if one were ever made?

• Like 2

When I saw the title I thought it was rework ideas for Part 2 Jason😝. What I'd want is for a whole game to be made in the style of the Single Player Challenges, with more AI/kills/maps/characters/weapons/abilities/mechanics of course.

• Like 1

Biggest improvement they could/should make is giving the AI the I (intelligence) it is currently missing.  Other than practising Jason's abilities and navigating the maps, the Offline mode is pointless.  Counselors spend the whole match opening and closing doors.  And the only difference between difficulty levels is how many of them have pocket knives.  

• Like 1

Pretending that Wes never supposedly said Gun will never touch anything related to the F13 franchise again.... if they were to make a sequel when the lawsuit is done, I'd like to see all the content included that was frozen when the copyright claim was made. Grendel/Lazarus/Manhattan/Forest Green/NES maps, obviously Uber Jason, revisions to all existing Jason skins that correct minor inaccuracies, smarter offline bots, a Jason AI for offline mode as a counselor, Paranoia, more kills, and correct all the bugs/glitches. I'd be all aboard this sequel, even if it took five years to make it and make sure it performed well.

Realistically though, whoever gets the rights surely won't ignore the initial success the game had, and will look to hire someone to make a new game if Gun doesn't want the job. Downside there could be who knows what kind of project it would be. May be an entirely different experience put together by a team with little to no passion for the movies, which would really suck.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

When I saw the title I thought it was rework ideas for Part 2 Jason😝. What I'd want is for a whole game to be made in the style of the Single Player Challenges, with more AI/kills/maps/characters/weapons/abilities/mechanics of course.

i agree - i would like to see a single player story added - even if it was something as simple as the challenges.. but i would like to play through a story mode as a counselor trying to survive a night at Crystal Lake.

8 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

Biggest improvement they could/should make is giving the AI the I (intelligence) it is currently missing.  Other than practising Jason's abilities and navigating the maps, the Offline mode is pointless.  Counselors spend the whole match opening and closing doors.  And the only difference between difficulty levels is how many of them have pocket knives.  

yes, i just recently played a round of offline again, since its been a while - and it is laughably easy..

3 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

Pretending that Wes never supposedly said Gun will never touch anything related to the F13 franchise again.... if they were to make a sequel when the lawsuit is done, I'd like to see all the content included that was frozen when the copyright claim was made. Grendel/Lazarus/Manhattan/Forest Green/NES maps, obviously Uber Jason, revisions to all existing Jason skins that correct minor inaccuracies, smarter offline bots, a Jason AI for offline mode as a counselor, Paranoia, more kills, and correct all the bugs/glitches. I'd be all aboard this sequel, even if it took five years to make it and make sure it performed well.

Realistically though, whoever gets the rights surely won't ignore the initial success the game had, and will look to hire someone to make a new game if Gun doesn't want the job. Downside there could be who knows what kind of project it would be. May be an entirely different experience put together by a team with little to no passion for the movies, which would really suck.

i think additional game modes is an absolute must.. i would've loved to see what Paranoia would've been.. but even though i dont like JGTH, i think a mode where you infect other counselors as Jason to kill other counselors would be kind of cool.

I would like for them to bring in Amy Steel and other actors involved with the series to provide voice work. I’ll even provide my very own Friday the 13th fan fiction to improve the Story Mode. 

I maybe in the minority here cause i never seen this brought up but i would like for the Jason weapons to have their own stats & what i mean by this is that like the counselor's with their weapons i feel like the weapons for Jason should have their own perks & give Jason abit more power but should have a compatibility to make more balance. 

Like for example

The fire axe 

Pro : Increases destruction power

Con : Decreases weapon strength 

Note : Any Jason that has destruction or weapon strength in their stats will not be affected in the weapons abilities when equipped

Meaning no stacking so in case someone wants to make pt.4 more powerful than he already is he won't have any increases if he were to be equipped with the fire axe.

Anyone's thoughts?

- A snow toggle with a winter clothing pack

- KM as a hero

- Reggie "Reckless" Winter as a counselor 

- Manhattan Map & Lazarus Map

- Pajama Clothing Pack

- Uber Jason, Grendal Map

- More Single Player Challenges 

- More Kill Packs

- More Emotes

- Tina Shepherd mode (she wont work in a regular public match)

- Pamela as a killer (I dont know how this would be implemented, probably would never happen)

• Like 1

If there is a sequel to this game they definitely need to have the NES map in there. Also even though I can't stand Jason X there needs to be an Uber-Jason with a map of the Grendel spaceship. The remake Jason needs to make an appearance as well and the devs needs to give him the ability to sprint.