Friday-Fan-88

About the bots getting stuck in hiding spots

@mattshotcha I think the only way to fix the hiding spot problem is to remove the closets, they seem to be able to get up from the beds though which is a relief. When on higgins haven small, as you see in the picture below this is like the bots favorite closet to hide in, the one upstairs. 

Friday-the-13th-The-Game-20200408135257.

On packanack small, their favorite hiding spots are mostly in the closets upstairs in the lodge. 

Crystal lake small their favorite hiding spots are like everywhere that has a closet in a cabin which is like that in other small maps also. 

As for the outhouses, the only ones that I would remove for now are the ones in the picture below. 

Friday-the-13th-The-Game-20200408131012.

This is also a bot stuck spot when the game starts so maybe removing those outhouses will fix the problem with the bot getting stuck. 

I read somewhere on here that your gonna be coming out with a list of things that are being worked on, if so I could always wait for that. Hopefully the list has some offline bot stuff, there's definitely some fixing up to do with the bots. 

Please respond back to me when you get this, thanks

i just played an offline round myself and this happened to me... i caught AJ and Chad coming out of a Cabin - AJ hauled ass, so i went and killed Chad, but had a bitch of a time trying to locate AJ, because obviously her stealth is really high, and she got stuck in a hiding spot.. but it wasn't in the upstairs closet in the Main House at Higgins' Haven, it was in one of the 3 cabins North of the main house.

• Like 1

The bots do get stuck from time to time. I find myself wrecking the closets I come across to prevent the bots from getting stuck at times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/10/2020 at 1:15 AM, SheriffGarris1986 said:

i just played an offline round myself and this happened to me... i caught AJ and Chad coming out of a Cabin - AJ hauled ass, so i went and killed Chad, but had a bitch of a time trying to locate AJ, because obviously her stealth is really high, and she got stuck in a hiding spot.. but it wasn't in the upstairs closet in the Main House at Higgins' Haven, it was in one of the 3 cabins North of the main house.

O_O for some reason when ever I have Jenny and Deb or AJ left alive, I seem to have a tough time finding AJ or deb, it's like the only way that I can know where they both are if I hear her nearby. Poor Jenny she'll always get the red glow when I put sense on lol. 

On 4/10/2020 at 1:39 AM, Fair Play said:

The bots do get stuck from time to time. I find myself wrecking the closets I come across to prevent the bots from getting stuck at times.

I tend to do that sometimes too, especially the spots that they like to hide in. 

another way to get them faster, (it won't stop them from entering the wardrobes in the first place) is to equip jason's machete or shears, their animations for checking wardrobes and beds are probably the quickest, the spear is extremely slow though, takes like 15 seconds on beds.

On 4/11/2020 at 10:13 AM, Friday-Fan-88 said:

I tend to do that sometimes too, especially the spots that they like to hide in. 

Totally awesome minds think alike.

On 4/11/2020 at 10:53 PM, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

another way to get them faster, (it won't stop them from entering the wardrobes in the first place) is to equip jason's machete or shears, their animations for checking wardrobes and beds are probably the quickest, the spear is extremely slow though, takes like 15 seconds on beds.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 2

Bots getting stuck in closets for a whole match is just a simulator for all the online noobs that do the exact same thing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Bots getting stuck in closets for a whole match is just a simulator for all the online noobs that do the exact same thing

I haven't been seeing much of that lately, though I'm sure it happens to some more than others.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fair Play said:

I haven't been seeing much of that lately, though I'm sure it happens to some more than others.

Think it depends on what time you play. I've seen them duck into hiding spots but I follow noise pings so it's pretty easy to take them out before wasting any time on them.

Just now, Somethin Cool said:

Think it depends on what time you play. I've seen them duck into hiding spots but I follow noise pings so it's pretty easy to take them out before wasting any time on them.

I've never considered time of day as a factor. Sounds like some testing is in order...

1 minute ago, Fair Play said:

I've never considered time of day as a factor. Sounds like some testing is in order...

Well probably not so much of a factor anymore. But used to be right before school. Little kiddies got up early to be slaughtered for some reason.

Ok, are they 'stuck', admittedly or just programmed to stay there after a certain timeframe in the game?  Was this a proven bug?

35 minutes ago, 45 RPM said:

Ok, are they 'stuck', admittedly or just programmed to stay there after a certain timeframe in the game?  Was this a proven bug?

They're stuck

They do the same thing if you abduct one to water. They just sit there. Theres also a few cabins where they'll walk in and just stand there.

• Like 1

I wouldn't consider this a bad thing. Bots spending more time than usual in hiding gives more variety to gameplay. One of the last times I was playing offline this happened in Packanack. A Chad was hiding in a closet at the lodge, didn't find him till I killed everyone else. I thought it was just an update on bot AI.

10 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

I wouldn't consider this a bad thing. Bots spending more time than usual in hiding gives more variety to gameplay. One of the last times I was playing offline this happened in Packanack. A Chad was hiding in a closet at the lodge, didn't find him till I killed everyone else. I thought it was just an update on bot AI.

If I remember correctly bots where able to come out of the closets before and noticed a changed after a patch update sometime last year, also they weren't getting stuck when they sometimes enter a cabin so something must of happened after a patch update. Oddly enough I tried to examine on what their stuck on and it seems like nothing. 

23 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

They're stuck

They do the same thing if you abduct one to water. They just sit there. Theres also a few cabins where they'll walk in and just stand there.

Thanks! I'll admit this: they LOVE to swim! LOL