Sign in to follow this  
aubrey42

Help! I need a YouTube channel name

I’m wanting to start a YouTube channel for all things creepy! I’m mostly wanting to talk about the paranormal and true crime. My boyfriend and I are currently playing around with the idea of doing a ghost hunting series, though I don’t want the channel to solely be a ghost hunting channel. Any ideas?!

1 hour ago, aubrey42 said:

I’m mostly wanting to talk about the paranormal and true crime

Sounds like the X-Files with Fox Mulder and Dana Scully to me.

Want a catchy name for many clicks at the start, just call it „the real X-Files“.

What exactly are your sources? Already Existing footage, but newly explained by your own fresh interpretation? What will be your most scary topic? I suggest you start with a good opener in order to keep the audience interested.

Will you show yourself in person, like Jonathan Frakes did in his „beyond believe: fact or fiction“  show?

Welcome to the forum @aubrey42.

When you get your channel up and running, post a link here so we can see what you have to share.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wolledc said:

Sounds like the X-Files with Fox Mulder and Dana Scully to me.

Want a catchy name for many clicks at the start, just call it „the real X-Files“.

What exactly are your sources? Already Existing footage, but newly explained by your own fresh interpretation? What will be your most scary topic? I suggest you start with a good opener in order to keep the audience interested.

Will you show yourself in person, like Jonathan Frakes did in his „beyond believe: fact or fiction“  show?

Yes I’d be showing myself! My boyfriend and I live in Utah and we’re thinking of going to “haunted” places (starting in our state, and then kind of branching out as we have the funds) and talking about the history of the places and kind of give our input on whether we believe it really is haunted or not. However I’m not wanting to solely focus on just “ghost hunting” I’d love to do videos about unsolved mysteries, urban legends, and possibly do some true crime. I know that’s a lot of things but I think if I did it right I could do some really cool things with it. That would be more of my base and the “ghost hunting” would be a side series we do when we can as this channel would just be a hobby. I’d definitely do videos where I look at footage that’s been around and give my perspective on it. I like your idea, but wouldn’t “x-files” be trademarked by fox? 😬😬

4 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Welcome to the forum @aubrey42.

When you get your channel up and running, post a link here so we can see what you have to share.

Thank you! 

2 hours ago, aubrey42 said:

but wouldn’t “x-files” be trademarked by fox? 😬😬

Could be, maybe you should try   „the Y-Files“ then 😉

• Like 1