Sign in to follow this  
DontZzz34

Do you consider F13 a horror game?

Do you consider F13 a horror game?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider F13 a horror game?

• Yes
    • No

I voted yes because there are times that a jump scare happens and gets me good. Plus, the game has tons of violence. And the F13 films weren't always scary but they're still horror. 

1 minute ago, masterkeef42o said:

I voted yes because there are times that a jump scare happens and gets me good. Plus, the game has tons of violence. And the F13 films weren't always scary but they're still horror. 

Ehh jump scares are rare. There haven’t been too many moments I actually felt scared playing the game. 

Posted (edited)

I would have voted for dance party game but that wasn't an option.

It would be nice if the fear mechanic was overhauled but that's just wishful thinking at this point. You can't even decapitate a counselor without their severed head launching into the stratosphere followed by their body doing the thriller dance before ultimately shooting the essence of Lisa Frank out of every orifice ... This game will always be my biggest disappointment.

Edited by F134Ever86

I voted yes also....you use Jason Voorhees to hunt down and kill counselors in horrific ways......

There are more elements in the game That fall in line with it being a horror game.....

( the concept, atmosphere, the music, and kills.) 

there are also a lot of elements that take away from the horror aspects but it over all feels Like a horror game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

I would have voted for dance party game but that wasn't an option.

Should’ve put that as an option lol

26 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I voted yes also....you use Jason Voorhees to kill counselors in horrific ways......

most of the elements in the game fall in line with it being a horror game.....

( the atmosphere the music the kills.) 

there are a lot of elements that also take away from the horror aspects but it over all feels Like a horror game.

Good reasoning. I agree the atmosphere, music, and the kills are just excellent and add the horror of the game. 

but how trollable Jason is, stalk coming in later, jump scares being rare, Jason getting killed too easy, people dancing on Jason, counselors playing against Jason fearlessly, etc is sad and takes the horror out of the game for me 😕 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Should’ve put that as an option lol

Good reasoning. I agree the atmosphere, music, and the kills are just excellent and add the horror of the game. 

but how trollable Jason is, stalk coming in later, jump scares being rare, Jason getting killed too easy, people dancing on Jason, counselors playing against Jason fearlessly, etc is sad and takes the horror out of the game for me 😕 

I totally get that.....if stalk came in earlier and they incorporated a loss of stamina while dancing.....nothing like when sprinting but some type of drain would be good it would limit a lot of that stupid hit dance garbage.....and make the game a lot scarier.

I would love it if they some how made Stalk a power to Be use anytime but with a much longer regeneration feature.....

• Like 1

Several counselors need speed, stamina and luck need to be nerfed if people want more 'horror'. Or you can just avoid using certain counselors. For example, I don't get discovered early in the game very often with AJ but I tend to shit my pants when it happens because it's relatively hard to kite with her due to her skill set.

I kind of like the idea of giving Zombie Jasons earlier stalk. Any counselor with decent speed/stamina will leave a Jason who can't run in the dust until they get shift.

• Like 1

To be fair, the horror element lasts only as long as you are a new player.  If you already spent more than +1000 hours, honestly less for many player, you are no longer an "harmless" victim but instead an member of an Elite "Jason Task Force".  You are not going to frighten anyone, you're lucky if you manage to catch someone off guard for an good Jump scare. 

• Like 3

I voted yes simply because it was intended to be one and against a good Jason you get that feeling of intensity.  Granted those moments are few and far between but there are some, just like watching the movies. So I vote yay 

I mean, it's at minimum a horror-THEMED game.  The intent was for it to be a teamwork-optional horror-survivalist game.  If you want to say it's not because experienced players can beat Jason like a pinata, that's more of a commentary on the execution than it is the concept itself.

I voted yes only because of the violence. Other than that, it definitely doesnt feel like a horror game because, like you said, Jason is weak. And there are a handful of players that come on this game only to beat Jason up and then eventually kill him. And that takes away the whole horror atmosphere from the game.

About the whole stalk-shift-grab stuff, although I do that a lot and I’ve seen some Jason’s do it in Quick Play also, that feels nothing like the movies because of the shifting part. It doesnt happen often but when it does I really appreciate the moments when Jason is in stalk and is already in the house and walks through one of the doorways at the same time I do, now that’s a good jumpscare like in the movies. 

• Like 2

It’s definitely a horror game: you just have to ask any newcomer Jason player how he feels after he had just been the main protagonist of camp crystal lake‘s latest piñata party.

Pure horror watching all those dancing half naked counselors with their machetes and axes coming for you, getting beaten up or stunned by simple pans whereas counselors jump from 2story windows without getting even harmed; and you by yrself becoming traumatized by mom‘s sweater and finally head splitted in slow motion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Several counselors need speed, stamina and luck need to be nerfed if people want more 'horror'. Or you can just avoid using certain counselors. For example, I don't get discovered early in the game very often with AJ but I tend to shit my pants when it happens because it's relatively hard to kite with her due to her skill set.

I kind of like the idea of giving Zombie Jasons earlier stalk. Any counselor with decent speed/stamina will leave a Jason who can't run in the dust until they get shift.

For more horror I don’t think Nerfing those would help. Instead, a completely different Jason with infinite stalk, combat buff, and a bit faster running speed. Along with a heavy nerf of his shift cooldown time to balance it. And buff counselors stealth and buff low stam/low speed counselors stam/speed. Now, we got more of of a game where you can utilize stealth more and run/hide can be more of an option. And a very stealth Jason that’s more likely to jump scare counselors more often. And obviously a lot more balancing/testing would need done with this set up.As different as this is from our current game, it’d need to be involved in a whole new f13 game if we get a remake that is. 

10 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

To be fair, the horror element lasts only as long as you are a new player.  If you already spent more than +1000 hours, honestly less for many player, you are no longer an "harmless" victim but instead an member of an Elite "Jason Task Force".  You are not going to frighten anyone, you're lucky if you manage to catch someone off guard for an good Jump scare. 

I respect your opinion, above I listed ways to make this game more scary. I’d like to get your thoughts. I feel like jump scares would become a very common thing with this set up. Something needs done to put some fear into these damn fearless counselors 😂

7 hours ago, FridayThe31st said:

I voted yes only because of the violence. Other than that, it definitely doesnt feel like a horror game because, like you said, Jason is weak. And there are a handful of players that come on this game only to beat Jason up and then eventually kill him. And that takes away the whole horror atmosphere from the game.

About the whole stalk-shift-grab stuff, although I do that a lot and I’ve seen some Jason’s do it in Quick Play also, that feels nothing like the movies because of the shifting part. It doesnt happen often but when it does I really appreciate the moments when Jason is in stalk and is already in the house and walks through one of the doorways at the same time I do, now that’s a good jumpscare like in the movies. 

Yeah the constant spam of shift grabs being the common thing of the game bored me. All I used to do was survive the night and the 30 shift grab attempts and misses became very repetitive. I mean, some Jason’s do care about utilizing stalk in an effective way to put some fear into you but most just use shift every time it regenerates and don’t think to use stalk in a stealthy “cool” way like grabbing you when you open a door or when you walk around a corner to truly scare TF out of you. 

@Wolledc that made me LOL

• Like 1

if you want it to be more scary, turn off the music in the options menu & switch your television's color to black & white. ive played like this a few times & its a real bitch ha ha ha

• Thanks 1

I still think it is a "horror" game despite the dancing counselors.

If I am Jason sometimes I will make the game creepy by using weird voices.  For example: people seem to get really creeped out when I start singing Filter's version of "Happy Together" using a childlike voice. 

One guy always plays Tiptoe Through The Tulips when he is Jason. Idk if music gets any creepier than that lol

RIP Tiny Tim.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If Just Dance 2020 or DDR are horror games, then sure this game is a horror game.

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2020 at 1:34 AM, DontZzz34 said:

Ehh jump scares are rare. There haven’t been too many moments I actually felt scared playing the game. 

i agree.. but i think that just comes from the nature of the game itself.. i know this one twitch streamer was complaining about the lack of being scared in the game, after the like 100th time he's played it.. and i told him, how many times have you watched a certain horror movie, and does it scare you the same as when you first saw it? No, because you know whats coming.. the same applies for this game.. at first, when i was playing the game, you hear that Jason music hit, it felt tense and kind of chaotic - but now, since we all know what to do, and what the mechanics are to the game, that music hits and it's like "ok, i got time to grab this, grab that - let me loop him through this window and around this table etc." ... so, like anything, it loses it's impact over time...

but in terms of being scared by a jump scare in the game?.. i will admit - a player as Jason scared the shit outta me once - he morphed through a door as i was closing it, once i turned around he appeared right in front of me outta thin air and grabbed me XD.. that got me pretty good.

• Like 2

Not only is Friday the 13th a horror game it's also the best movie out of all of them and the most brutal too. The kills are sick in more ways than just one.

11 minutes ago, Jason Lover said:

Not only is Friday the 13th a horror game it's also the best movie out of all of them and the most brutal too. The kills are sick in more ways than just one.

halloween has f13 beat by a long shot Movie wise

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

halloween has f13 beat by a long shot Movie wise

Don't forget that Halloween is a rip-off of Black Christmas.

4 minutes ago, Jason Lover said:

Don't forget that Halloween is a rip-off of Black Christmas.

😂😂 Halloween is one of the most successful horror franchises out of all movies. 

don’t forget Friday the 13th got a lot of inspiration from Halloween 

• Like 2

Every Horror movie that came out after Halloween in1978.....Attempted to replicate/ copy/ clone/ rip off everything about it...some were better at taking the template / inspiration and adding originality to it making them stand out on their own others not so much.

Regardless of whether Halloween may have been inspired by Psycho, Black Christmas and Texas chainsaw..... it stands on its own accomplishments and merits it did what none of those other films did it frightened you in new ways movie goers had not experienced before......

It created real time suspense that made views shout at the screens  “ Dont go in there!!! He’s in the house !!!Behind you!!!!”  Like no other horror film before it.

And I am not throwing shade at  Psycho or the other two films because of them Horror films moved forward in Phenomenal ways.....they are all Legendary in their own ways.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Every Horror movie that came out after Halloween in 1978.....Attempted to replicate/ copy/ clone/ rip off everything about it.

Regardless of whether Halloween may have been inspired by Psycho, Black Christmas and Texas chainsaw..... it stands on its own accomplishments and merits it did what none of those other films did it frightened you in new ways movie goers had not experienced before......

It created real time suspense that made views shout at the screens  “ Dont go in there!!! He’s in the house !!!Behind you!!!!”  Like no other horror film before it.

And to add I am not throwing shade at  Psycho or the other two films because of them Horror films moved forward in Phenomenal ways.....they are all Legendary in their own ways.

YESSS!!! Facts

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Every Horror movie that came out after Halloween in 1978.....Attempted to replicate/ copy/ clone/ rip off everything about it.

And to add I am not throwing shade at  Psycho or the other two films because of them Horror films moved forward in Phenomenal ways.....they are all Legendary in their own ways.

Halloween is an ACCIDENTAL masterpiece while Psycho is a genuine masterpiece. And I don't think that A Nightmare on Elm Street was even remotely inspired by Halloween. Wes Craven came up with the idea for Nightmare in 1978 from newspaper stories before John Carpenter's movie even came out.