Lol what do you think in matches when cops have been called and you see a counsoler just waiting there and not escaping just yet? Half of matches I've been in, I've seen them wait until Jason comes and trolling Jason while he's there just dancing on, teabagging, stunning him? I'm like "Escape already". I feel like they're doing it to mess with Jason. 

Just shows more about how no one fears Jason and this game isn’t even remotely close to a horror game lol

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

Just shows more about how no one fears Jason and this game isn’t even remotely close to a horror game lol

@DontZzz34I know its sad.

I had some thoughts about this a few months ago in the suggestion corner of this forum:

What about setting some kind of limit for the police escape option to improve this situation a little bit?

A. after arrival the police waits at the exit, but for only 3 minutes (on all normal-sized maps, on small maps only 2 mins), then they drive off again (with or without survivors). All counselors getting to them in that time limit will escape.

B. after arrival the police waits at the exit as usual (without time limit), but only 3 counselors (it’s a normal policecar, not a  policebus) are able to escape with them, then the policeescape option is off the table.

2 minutes ago, Wolledc said:

I had some thoughts about this a few months ago in the suggestion corner of this forum:

What about setting some kind of limit for the police escape option to improve this situation a little bit?

A. after arrival the police waits at the exit, but for only 3 minutes (on all normal-sized maps, on small maps only 2 mins), then they drive off again (with or without survivors). All counselors getting to them in that time limit will escape.

B. after arrival the police waits at the exit as usual (without time limit), but only 3 counselors (it’s a normal policecar, not a  policebus) are able to escape with them, then the policeescape option is off the table.

@Wolledc that's a good idea.  it would stop the counsolers from trolling at the police exit. 

I stay at the exit if I feel confident I’ll survive and there are still people making their way over or if it looks like someone’s headed to the shack. In both cases I can still help if necessary.

Just staying at the exit to troll is garbage though. Had a terrible game as Jason a couple weeks ago and I just quit when it was clear nobody was leaving at the exit or in the car they’d started.

I admit to standing at the exit but that's just to try to cover other counselors as they try to escape. If I don't have a good weapon or PK and there's nothing I can do to help, then I wave goodbye and hope for the best.

8 hours ago, Wolledc said:

That is a great idea. How many cops has Jason killed over the years and how effective were they in stopping Jason? If no one exits within a time frame, then the cops could be considered more meat for Jason's blade. Awesome idea.

If I see that after I escape or die, I just leave the match. Thankfully I do not need the xp/cp and would rather just try to get into another match.

If I am Jason, I go on a scenic tour of the camp. After the match I leave.

11 hours ago, Wolledc said:

I saw that topic when it was posted and I really liked Your ideas. It’ll cause those trolls to either take their chance and escape or stick around and end up screwing themselves over when they get killed.  It will also make this game harder to survive than it is right now because now it doesn’t feel that way. 

I saw another idea about the police and it was having an already deceased or escaped player come back as a playable police character? Maybe the character can come back in a police car that only seats 3 more people and if Jason doesnt stop the car, then those people can escape by the police if the car gets out safely. Lol, the second part with the car is my idea, but I think it’s kind of stupid . 😂

I occasionally do wait around at the police exit if I see more teammates coming because I can help protect them, especially if they’re less experienced. 

16 hours ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

I admit to standing at the exit but that's just to try to cover other counselors as they try to escape. If I don't have a good weapon or PK and there's nothing I can do to help, then I wave goodbye and hope for the best.

That is the only real reason not to escape right away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2020 at 2:20 AM, Wolledc said:

I don't agree at all about there being a limit on cop escapes. If you get to the police you deserve to escape. There are plenty of obstacles to calling the cops, no need to add any nerfs. Just remove police escapes if you're gonna do that, imo. I've been in plenty of matches where the cops are the only escape, Jason is in rage mode and he is chasing me across the map. If I'm able to fight my way to that police exit I deserve the win.

By that same thorn any player that is also camping at the exit also deserves the win. So I do agree something could be done about people standing around. If counselors camp in the same small area for an extended period of time (I.E. same house, or right in front of the cops) their fear should increase or Jason should be alerted to where they're at.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mince said:

I don't agree at all about there being a limit on cop escapes. If you get to the police you deserve to escape. There are plenty of obstacles to calling the cops, no need to add any nerfs. Just remove police escapes if you're gonna do that, imo. I've been in plenty of matches where the cops are the only escape, Jason is in rage mode and he is chasing me across the map. If I'm able to fight my way to that police exit I deserve the win.

By that same thorn any player that is also camping at the exit also deserves the win. So I do agree something could be done about people standing around. If counselors camp in the same small area for an extended period of time (I.E. same house, or right in front of the cops) their fear should increase or Jason should be alerted to where they're at.

@Mince I like your idea to!

I typically do this only because i haven't gathered all my points for beating up Jason, lol. So i wait at the exit, and use all my stuff and maybe troll a couple more minutes just for fun.

On 4/8/2020 at 3:01 AM, Fair Play said:

That is the only real reason not to escape right away.

I generally wait by the exit for a few minutes in case someone needs help getting to the exit. Aside from that, I just escape. If I'm looking at the map and can see you hovering around the same cabin for several minutes, I'm out... even if I'm Tommy and you're the last one alive. By that time it's kinda obvious all you're doing is running Jason ragged instead of hauling ass to the exit.

I've also never understood (when I'm spectating someone) someone will completely ignore the police and instead waste 5+ minutes trying to fix a car. The cops are right there, you're the only one left, and we're stuck waiting while your dumb ass goes part-hunting instead of hurrying the fuck up.

EDIT:

I understand you might be trying for the escape via....whatever... badge, and there's nothing wrong with that. However, if you hit the two-minute warning and you still don't have all the parts, it's probably best to just run to the police and try again next round.

On the other hand, a while back I had a round where the whole lobby threw a pinata party literally from the get-go. A Vanessa ran up to me and dropped the fuse then took off to join the beatdown. I called the cops and hung around for a minute watching Jason get his shit ruined probably worse than I've ever seen in this game. By the time they ran off to the cops, Jason was just walking around hitting windows. So, I ran my Bunny Girl ass over there and we went on a walk... while everyone else had run to the cops... for over ten minutes.. while getting numerous 'Fuk u ur an asshole" type IMs.

Being an asshole is a two-player game... asshole.

• Like 1

It's not fair. I'm not exactly a player with great gaming ability - never will be. I'm probably just below average, I get by. It's annoying when people who are better than the person playing Jason start messing around and pissing him off! I was viewing the end of a game a few days ago. The police had been called and four players made their way to the exit and Jason turned up. Instead of exiting the game, they had him chase them around for ten minutes right by the exit. Poor guy!

Worse one that that though was when three players (two vanessa's) were running around inside a shack for several minutes, with Jason after them (flicking their flashlights on and off). Two other people got in a boat, drove it around in circles, then went to the same shack and stood there dancing outside...

If I'm not playing to kill Jason, I can't be bothered to stand around waiting for him to show up at the police exit anymore.

I'll just run out and then go grab a drink, a cigarette, bathroom break, whatever because I know I have plenty of time to do something else while people are trolling him.