Does anybody happen to know if this is some kind of cheat or just a glitch? I took a clip of it when it happened, but now I can’t seem to find that anywhere, so I’ll do my best to explain what happened. 

I only saw it happen just this one time and never before/again af ter that. One match I was playing as Jason and I hear somebody messing up skill checks on one of the power boxes. I morph over there to see a Vanessa (a high level player) fixing the box, but she purposely continues to mess up. I walk over to there and go to grab her when suddenly the Vanessa moves over, still in the animation. She moves over even faster, still in that animation, but she slides way over across the map until I can’t see her with sense anymore, and she was still in that fixing animation. 

Later on in the match I did kill her, and she didn’t cheat at all. Could this have been a glitch? This is on console by the way, not PC. 

Since it was console I'd  have to say glitch.From what I understand it is not all that easy to hack a console but I'm no interface expert or coding expert.I can build a PC and I learned binary and what hex numbers mean but very basic. Could you hook a PC to a PS4 or Xbox and hack it? I'm quite sure it is possible but it would take someone with pretty good knowledge of computer coding.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Since it was console I'd  have to say glitch.From what I understand it is not all that easy to hack a console but I'm no interface expert or coding expert.I can build a PC and I learned binary and what hex numbers mean but very basic. Could you hook a PC to a PS4 or Xbox and hack it? I'm quite sure it is possible but it would take someone with pretty good knowledge of computer coding.

Yeah I thought so, thanks for the answer. I really wonder how it looked from the counselors’ point of view. 

She might have had a really rough connection or a spike that lead to that behavior. Especially considering the missed skill check sound. If she wasn't able to control her character due to a spike in connection, she'd repeatedly miss the next click of the skill check.

She may have run off, but due to the connection being poor, she looked to be in the animation still, explaining why she was getting further away but still looking to be completing the fix.

I'm glad to get the report, however, as I now will keep an eye out for similar strange behavior, just to be safe.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

When the game gets laggy my counselor has gotten stuck in all sorts of animations.  Most common to be stuck in are "bending over to open a drawer stance" and "landing stance" from climbing out a window.  I suppose its possible they lagged and got stuck in the repair stance when you went to grab them. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Could you hook a PC to a PS4 or Xbox and hack it? I'm quite sure it is possible but it would take someone with pretty good knowledge of computer coding.

Funny you should say that. I've come across many players doing actions within the game that seem beyond just pressing a few buttons. So whist hacking comes to mind, you initially think that it's not possible on console. That is until I heard about the CronusMAX. It's a device that plugs into your console like a USB stick and then your controller plugs into it. The device runs a script that you can download from their website, or create yourself with their tool, and it allows you to enter multiple commands with just a couple of button presses. Apparently the device is rife in games like CoD because it can greatly reduce recoil, quick scope, improve accuracy etc. So out of curiosity I created a fake account and logged into their website, and lo and behold they have scripts for F13 too - counselor slide on command, break free from Jason's grab/get out of stun immediately, block-knife-slash combos etc. Whilst I don't think that something like this was used in the incident that the OP mentioned, it is possibly being used in other scenerios by the hardcore cheaters. And the most intriguing thing about the device is that because it doesn't manipulate the game's files it is virtually undetectable. Alternatively there's the Save Wizard which allows you to "enhance" your stats and unlock attributes within games by actually editing your save files via your PC. But I don't know how it would work with F13 based on what's saved user-side and server-side. Sad times, as back in the day the Gameshark didn't hurt anybody due to no online play. But hopefully action/prevention, such as DRM, can be taken against direct and indirect cheating.

24 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Funny you should say that. I've come across many players doing actions within the game that seem beyond just pressing a few buttons. So whist hacking comes to mind, you initially think that it's not possible on console. That is until I heard about the CronusMAX. It's a device that plugs into your console like a USB stick and then your controller plugs into it. The device runs a script that you can download from their website, or create yourself with their tool, and it allows you to enter multiple commands with just a couple of button presses. Apparently the device is rife in games like CoD because it can greatly reduce recoil, quick scope, improve accuracy etc. So out of curiosity I created a fake account and logged into their website, and lo and behold they have scripts for F13 too - counselor slide on command, break free from Jason's grab/get out of stun immediately, block-knife-slash combos etc. Whilst I don't think that something like this was used in the incident that the OP mentioned, it is possibly being used in other scenerios by the hardcore cheaters. And the most intriguing thing about the device is that because it doesn't manipulate the game's files it is virtually undetectable. Alternatively there's the Save Wizard which allows you to "enhance" your stats and unlock attributes within games by actually editing your save files via your PC. But I don't know how it would work with F13 based on what's saved user-side and server-side. Sad times, as back in the day the Gameshark didn't hurt anybody due to no online play. But hopefully action/prevention, such as DRM, can be taken against direct and indirect cheating.

Anybody making use of such a device (I'm talking about the ones who actually buy and use the product) is on the lowest rung of the "I'm a cheating piece-of-shit fuckboi" ladder. If this game is so hard for you that the only way you can 'win' is by cheating, you need to take your cheating ass to another game and leave the people trying to play legitimately alone.

@HaHaTrumpWon 100% Agree with you on that. The game really ain't that complex for such a need to cheat in any way whatsoever. I was saying to a friend just the other day, how satisfying is it really going into a match already knowing that you're going to wipe out the lobby in 5 mins or that Jason is never going to catch you over 20 mins? For me, the "you win some, you lose some" element is what adds to the game's appeal, which is why I welcome a tough lobby.

I've seen counselors get stuck in the fixing animation for the car and the boxes and then teleport somewhere else, this happens usually when I'm lagging

5 hours ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Thank goodness someone here knows about CronusMax. I hate it when people use it, and fighting against players that use them is an absolute nightmare. Jasons being able to pull off double taping and Knife canceling with a single button press is just not fair. Hopefully the devs can catch these people and ban them.

I've heard of CronusMax as well and I believe it will work on PC as well as consoles through a controller. It's bit pricey if memory serves, I looked it up  just to see what it was.I guess people will pay anything to gain an advantage.