• Vanessa Jones
    • Brandon "Buggzy" Wilson
    • Victoria Sterling
  3. 3. Who is your favorite Defender?

• Chad Kensington
    • Jenny Myers
    • Victoria Sterling
    • Vanessa Jones

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 04/05/2021 at 04:00 PM

Slash N' Cast as well as others have created a tier list in which they rank the counselors from worst to best.  Here is the video to their tier list: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZzpf3Ap4h8

However, I don't believe there is a best counselor.  I believe there is a best counselor in a certain category and in my opinion, the categories are the following:

The Mechanics:  This group of counselors are good at repairing objectives.  To qualify for this role, a counselor needs a six or higher in repair.

The Runners:  This group of counselors are good at kiting and juking Jason and delivering parts to objectives.  In order to qualify for this role, a counselor needs a six or higher in stamina.

The Defenders:  This group of counselors are good at protecting the mechanics while they repair the objectives.  Because they have high weapon durability, they can usually stun Jason when he shows up.  In order to qualify for this role, a counselor needs a six or higher in luck.

The Brawlers – This group of counselors are good at demasking Jason and setting him up for Tommy Jarvis to kill him later on.  In order to qualify for this role, a counselor needs a six or higher in strength.

Best Double-Class Counselor – This is a counselor who can perform in at least two or more of the roles that I mentioned above.  In order to qualify for this role, a counselor needs at least a six or higher in two or more of the following stats:   repair, stamina, luck, and strength.

I'm going to do the first three categories in this poll.  I'll create a poll for the other two later.

How Chad doesn't qualify as a runner when he has 10 speed baffles me.

Sure he's stamina is lower but it's easy to mitigate. 

Chad is probably the 2nd best runner behind Vanessa.  

I didn't count speed for two reasons.  First, Jason can catch up to any counselor with his shift ability regardless of what their speed is, so this mitigates that stat somewhat.  Second, speed is dependent upon stamina.  Please consider the following question:  What good is speed if you run out of stamina?

Also, please be aware I'm not counting any perks like marathon.  These are counselors with their pure stats.

I voted for Adam, my Repairman of trust.

So, I am more the repair guy, show me any battery or propeller, I drop my rifle and fix the boat/car.

First months of my F13 playtime I used to play as Deborah: there were matches, in which I fixed both cars alone, with 5 Chads/Vanessas running around delivering items to the cars and then driving off... my back up Plan was always to grab the sweater and with Deborah‘s high stealth value  I often was then the last player standing.

Time went on and playing as Deborah got a little bit „boring“, with her repair value at 10, I really missed the challenge of messing up a QTE. Also with more and more trolls and Jason teamers in the lobbies, who used the keys not to start the car, but to run with them around, I lost my enthusiasm to repair things.

Later on, in addition with the „car knifing Jasons“ on top to deal with, it didn’t make fun at all for me to play, resp. to fix / repair something, I deinstalled f13 and didn’t play for a few months.

Lately - I have to admit that inspite of all the bugs, glitches, trolls, etc - there is no such  game as Friday 13th, I reinstalled it and started playing as Adam and this is, why I voted for him: repair at 6 is average, but quite a good challenge to succeed, his composure at 8 and strength at 9 help in 1:1 situations against Jason, speed only at average 5 is on smaller maps no problem for me, but on Pinehurst it’s sometimes difficult to reach the next save cabin.

Thus explained, pure Runners or Defenders are not my type of counselors I like to play, repair is still my favorite skill and at the current state of the game it’s always Adam for me.

Deb main. I'm much too spoiled by that 10/10 repair to spend too much time away from her.

I've taken Tiff for a spin and enjoyed her when I specifically wanted to make it my mission to be Sweater Girl, and it worked out fine. If I weren't speech-impaired I'd probably do it more, but with communication being important for the SG role I'm probably taking a lot better suited for someone else.

Also messed around with No Fear Jenny and it was fine, but the playstyle is not for me.