Sign in to follow this  
Kobeskillz

Switch graphics improved?

Hi guys I took a few months off from this game and started playing last night after the recent patch. 

I noticed that the graphics in portable and tv looked sharper with some added effects. Is this just me or did the graphics improved?

I think they did that quite a while ago, like a year or more. Don't think it's changed recently. 

11 hours ago, Deano78 said:

I think they did that quite a while ago, like a year or more. Don't think it's changed recently. 

The switch version got a improved visually a while ago? 

1 hour ago, Kobeskillz said:

The switch version got a improved visually a while ago? 

No there was a unreal engine upgrade a while ago for PS4, Xbox and PC but the switch version would have launched with that version already.

I am not sure If this latest patch had graphical improvements but you could check the patch notes or ask @mattshotcha?

We did do some performance fixes, but as far as I know, they should have only had impact on how the game runs, not the visual aspects of it. Specifically, how the game runs with a wider variety of ping/connection due to the platforms wireless nature.

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

We did do some performance fixes, but as far as I know, they should have only had impact on how the game runs, not the visual aspects of it. Specifically, how the game runs with a wider variety of ping/connection due to the platforms wireless nature.

Mmmm maybe playing dead by daylight for a bit on switch made me realize how Good Friday looks on the console. Good job guys! I was very impressed coming back. 

• Like 1

I remember being impressed with the way the Switch version looked on launch. For some reason I expected a huge difference I guess because of some misinterpretation that the game had to be compressed down to fit on the Switch's tiny cartridges. Then, I remembered Nintendo's proprietary carts are very similar to SD cards and can store up to 32GB (more than a standard single-layer 25GB bluray disc). The differences really just come down to the Switch's less powerful processor and RAM vs PS4/Xbox. That said, the graphics and overall performance transitioned very well.