I am just giving feedback on a character that I hope gets some improvement before the launch of the game. Jenny Myers is deemed the Girl Next Door, in Friday The 13th the girl next door is usually Jason's biggest rival. Aside from Tommy Jarvis, Freddy Krueger (He doesn't really count) and maybe Tina from part 7...Chris Higgins was Jason's biggest rival. I bring up Chris Higgins because any Friday fan can see that Jenny Myers is clearly based off of Chris from part 3. I feel the Girl Next Door she be the best all around player to pick in the game if your playing as a counselor. I think the composure and stealth is set just right with Jenny but she seriously lacks in stamina and speed. I been watching the streams and it seems that if Jason spots her she is more then likely going to die just like that. She is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to slow and loses stamina way to quickly. I hope either her stamina, speed or both gets fixed before this. I feel that the girl next door should not be a character that Jason can just take out in seconds, especially if he spawns in the same area at the start of the game. Just keep this in mind, Chris Higgins (Jenny Myers) is one of the few character's that really survived Jason by herself. Only the small distraction from Ali helped her. Other then that most of all the Friday characters had another character around to help them for a longer period then Chris did. I loved the beta but this is one thing I hope you take into serious consideration and fix. The Girl Next Door should be the best all around player in the game in my opinion.

What about all the other characters? Everyone is just going to pick Jenny then

Every character will have a strength and a weakness and every person playing will have their favorites. I am speaking to be more in tone of the actual movies. The girl next door is always (aside from Tommy) the one that survives. So in the game yes I feel the girl next door should be the best all around player...of course she should have weaknesses to. I am just saying after watching all the streams, everyone seems to get killed off with her if Jason is anywhere near and they are by themselves. She has very weak stamina, and she is very slow. Just a minor tweak to that then she be ok. If in a beginning of a match Jason spawns near her, she is likely going to die unless someone else is there to help her. The girl next door should be a character that you should have a good chance with on your own, you know just like in the movies.

• Like 1

Yeah, "slow, weak and stupid" is not exactly the thought that comes to mind when I think of the final girls of the F13 movies, lol.  Right now, Jenny's stats don't really make sense from either a mechanic or thematic perspective.  I wonder what they will do to update her because she is by far the least used from what I have seen.

• Like 1

JENNY IS NOT A FINAL GIRL!

There I said it.

She represents the trope; nothing more. Thus trying to compare her to actual final girls is silly.

Could she use improvement? Maybe. Her composure is excellent but without amother stat to go with composure it's really pointless. But she's not a final girl so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

But like you said, she is there to represent the trope of "final girl".  But like you said, this is F13 the Game, so anyone can be the final girl/guy, but to represent the trope her current stats make no sense.

Just from a trope perspective, why is her intelligence, speed and strength so low?  Seems like a strange decision to me.  Get rid of some of her luck and put it into those stats and that would make it thematically more correct.

• Like 1

Jennys last name should be changed to Higgins. Like shes a unspoken relative to Chris. She will NEVER TRUELY be the final girl unless they give her better stats or abilities. As it stands, shes just "The Girl Next Door...(who is dead)".

• Like 1

But like you said, she is there to represent the trope of "final girl".  But like you said, this is F13 the Game, so anyone can be the final girl/guy, but to represent the trope her current stats make no sense.

Just from a trope perspective, why is her intelligence, speed and strength so low?  Seems like a strange decision to me.  Get rid of some of her luck and put it into those stats and that would make it thematically more correct.

Thank you this is exactly what I am talking about. She just doesn't seem to fit the mold to who a character like her would be represented like in a actual Friday The 13th movie. Resoltionblaze it is not silly to compare her to anyone from the movies, as any real Friday fan can see who she inspired from...you know just like all the other characters. And CrazyRalph that is a hell of an idea, she could be a unofficial relative to Chris Higgins...I mean even in the character select screen she looks almost like Dana Kimmell. I think we all get a hint of what the Myers last name references to. Anyway I hope they update her because she just seems like a character at this point, that be pointless to pick.

• Like 2

Jenny's stats don't make sense to me. Luck makes your weapon less likely to break but she has 1 Strength, so what are the odds she'll be winning any fights? Maybe this would be valuable if you started with baseball bat since it seems to one-hit KO, but combat stance mode isn't very effective currently because you can be grabbed out of it even while blocking or mid-attack.

If luck increased her odds of finding pocket knives, then she'd be a little more useful. I thought I read that Composure stat helps with breaking out of Jason's grasp. If Jenny's luck got her some pocket knives and she could squirm out of Jason's grasp more easily than others, she'd be a really annoying character for Jason to catch and he'd be forced to use manual combat on her more often.

I am keeping in mind that abilities aren't available in beta and that they could provide the characters with unforseen advantages.

But my suggestion is to sacrifice some of Jenny's luck for intelligence and stamina. I picture the girl next door as being the most resourceful and resilient. I find it odd her intelligence is the same as Chad and Vanessa. It seems like Jenny should be more in line with AJ than those two. I feel like Jenny's intelligence and stamina should be around 4-6. Smarter than the fast rocks-for-brains but not as smart as the nerds. 

And maybe luck should have more effect than weapon durability and "minor stat boosts". Perhaps luck could help you more when fixing things. The higher the luck, the higher percentage you have of nullifying your first screw up that alerts Jason (that's pretty lucky). Or it could lessen the amount of button steps it takes to fix things/fill up the car. And the action to call the police/Tommy would be much quicker than everyone else. Other characters have to beg and plead on the phone for several long, tense seconds but Jenny and Chad, the current luckiest ones, should be able to ask for help in no time flat. In fact, all Chad should have to do is threaten to sue  :lol:

Jenny should be a character that encourages the other counselors to work with you. She may not be the strongest or fastest but she gets stuff done. 

I am keeping in mind that abilities aren't available in beta and that they could provide the characters with unforseen advantages.

But my suggestion is to sacrifice some of Jenny's luck for intelligence and stamina. I picture the girl next door as being the most resourceful and resilient. I find it odd her intelligence is the same as Chad and Vanessa. It seems like Jenny should be more in line with AJ than those two. I feel like Jenny's intelligence and stamina should be around 4-6. Smarter than the fast rocks-for-brains but not as smart as the nerds. 

And maybe luck should have more effect than weapon durability and "minor stat boosts". Perhaps luck could help you more when fixing things. The higher the luck, the higher percentage you have of nullifying your first screw up that alerts Jason (that's pretty lucky). Or it could lessen the amount of button steps it takes to fix things/fill up the car. And the action to call the police/Tommy would be much quicker than everyone else. Other characters have to beg and plead on the phone for several long, tense seconds but Jenny and Chad, the current luckiest ones, should be able to ask for help in no time flat. In fact, all Chad should have to do is threaten to sue  :lol:

Jenny should be a character that encourages the other counselors to work with you. She may not be the strongest or fastest but she gets stuff done. 

I agree 100 with this, I am just not seeing a reason at the current state of wanting to play as her, given everything I seen in the streams.

Jenny's stats don't make sense to me. Luck makes your weapon less likely to break but she has 1 Strength, so what are the odds she'll be winning any fights? Maybe this would be valuable if you started with baseball bat since it seems to one-hit KO, but combat stance mode isn't very effective currently because you can be grabbed out of it even while blocking or mid-attack.

If luck increased her odds of finding pocket knives, then she'd be a little more useful. I thought I read that Composure stat helps with breaking out of Jason's grasp. If Jenny's luck got her some pocket knives and she could squirm out of Jason's grasp more easily than others, she'd be a really annoying character for Jason to catch and he'd be forced to use manual combat on her more often.

I agree, I don't see where there was any luck based on people that played as her. I agree if luck means that you find things easier then others or, that it's easy to escape Jason if he gets a hold of you that be one thing. Problem is she is very weak, very slow and gets tired just like that. And as was mentioned by suspira she isn't even intelligent. She has a stealth of 6 I believe but I've yet to see anyone effectively hide from Jason when he is around. Her composure is good, so I guess that prevents the screen from blacking out which is cool I guess. I am hoping they tweak her character, in my opinion she needs improvement more so then all the others. It's sucks being the bookish girl if Jason is around but she does make up for it with stealth and being super smart....I just can't find a reason to want to be Jenny at this point.

Exactly. Jenny needs a complete overhaul more than the others. I think she needs to be more a Jill of all trades like Kenny, with high luck. She certainly needs more speed and stamina as right now she's just there to die easily.

Has anyone successfully played as her?

• Like 1

Exactly. Jenny needs a complete overhaul more than the others. I think she needs to be more a Jill of all trades like Kenny, with high luck. She certainly needs more speed and stamina as right now she's just there to die easily.

Has anyone successfully played as her?

I have seen gameplay where yes people have survived but that is only if she is off by herself and Jason is chasing around everyone else. Also if she is lucky to be in the car then yes. I have yet to see someone lose or survive Jason with her if they are seen and by themselves. Even with her stealth being a 6, it seemed like the Jason would always know where she was. And one of those problems was because she was either to slow to escape him...or she just get tired just like that and that's all she wrote from there. Tiffany seems like a better character to use, I just find that to be a bit odd.