Sign in to follow this  
FridayThe31st

“Friday the 13th: Horror At Camp Crystal Lake” Board Game Coming This Summer

4 hours ago, FridayThe31st said:

Hmmmm,  Officially licensed....so I would imagine it was set up by Victor Miller and his estate, Warner Bros and New line.

I probably won’t be picking this up.....

And I may be mistaken But it appears like this might be using images  that might get Victor into hot water.......

He has the Rights to the Original Friday the 13th....it’s characters and locations etc.....

And that’s what the board game says but it Is also using an images of Adult Jason in his hockey mask from the remake And bag head Jason From Part 2, and the tombstone from Jason Lives..... I thought what was currently in dispute is who owns the rights to the Hockey masked adult killer ....... so I guess we will see how this will play out.

32 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Hmmmm,  Officially licensed....so I would imagine it was set up by Victor Miller and his estate, Warner Bros and New line.

I probably won’t be picking this up.....

And I may be mistaken But it appears like this might be using an image that might get Victor into hot water.......

He has the Rights to the Original Friday the 13th....it’s characters and locations etc.....

And that’s what the board game says but it also Is using an image of Jason in his hockey mask from the remake And bag head Jason, the tombstone from Jason Lives.....which I thought was currently in dispute about who owns the rights to the Hockey masked adult killer ....... so I guess we will see how this will play out.

That’s what I was wondering. I think there’s a video by Slash N Cast explaining it:

https://youtu.be/GAReWcz-pUw

I didn’t get to watch it yet though.

I was under the impression he doesn't have the rights to the Jason character, including Baghead and the hockey mask, since those appeared in the sequels.  Only the Friday the 13th aspects from his contracted script for the original movie.  But then again, I could be wrong. This whole lawsuit is confusing as hell sometimes

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, FridayThe31st said:

That’s what I was wondering. I think there’s a video by Slash N Cast explaining it:

https://youtu.be/GAReWcz-pUw

I didn’t get to watch it yet though.

Just watched the video....

sounds like they think Miller may not have been the one to authorize this with Newline and WB so it must be a Horror Inc. deal......but if that’s the case Miller can definitely make a claim against it because it literally is called Friday the 13th and is a board game based on Camp Crystal Lake they even use the Camp Crystal Lake Sign as the board.... two prominent features items for the original film.......I think that this whole thing is an April fools prank or something will happen before it sees the light of day.

For an April hoax the details of the boardgame and its Accessoires look pretty much worked out. Astonishing that it is announced now (and not in 2-3 months when the lawsuit will hopefully be settled).

This would definitely be a great add on to my boardgame collection.

I also like the option in the boardgame: „steal supplies from your teammates“. How intriguing.

Sounds challenging and I wonder if we would have had such an option In our F13 videogame how the actual gameplay would have been like? My favorite wish would have been that Shelly (right now not good in much) has had as a counselor a special ability, like doing pranks (like in the movie), by using it he could junpscare others and get their PK or other items they carry.