GamingNerd93

Players who send mean or harassing messages to you

Have you ever gotten a rude or harassing messages from either a Jason player or a counsoler player, whether its something game related or on a personal level? Did you ignore it or did you reply back risking a communication ban? I've gotten messages where people called me offensive names,  and more of the lines of, "shut the f*** up and get off of f13th? Me, I've just block and mute. 

I get them all the time.   Even real life death threats...  I love it.

I think it makes them even more angry when they see I enjoy it.    

I look it as a wrestler drawing heat.  Gimmie more...

14 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I get them all the time.   Even real life death threats...  I love it.

I think it makes them even more angry when they see I enjoy it.    

I look it as a wrestler drawing heat.  Gimmie more...

@HuDawgThat's trash. People need to go outside and get a life 🤣 at least they're not trying to Dox you or getting your IP address, tracking down where you live, and hire someone to beat you up, which that is illegal. Most players who say those kinds of things are too chicken to say it face to face.

All of the time, that's just what it's like online. Nearly every gaming community is toxic to some degree, unfortunately. The best way to handle it is to just ignore them, as hard as that is. 

I find that threats like those stop when you present evidence of who they are, and where they are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

54 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I find that threats like those stop when you present evidence of who they are, and where they are.

@Fair Play Yep, their whole mood changes after that!

I get this shit all the time. It’s usually from the people who can’t handle losing, mostly from Jason players who can’t kill me. One time the Jason rage quit and then messaged me, telling me to kill myself in real life and all that shit thinking I’d actually care about what he said in the message. I reported and deleted it. Another time a Jason just couldn’t kill me and was chasing me as the last one alive. He ended up not being able to kill me and at the very end, sent me a message saying some inappropriate insult and then proceeded to say he’s better at the game than me. I was thinking, sure you are buddy. You couldn’t kill me but you’re better at the game than me. Very interesting. I did the same thing as I do to all the messages like this, report and delete.

It’s not worth it replying to them, and while I have replied to certain people, sometimes a reaction is what they want from you. I like to think that when people feel the need to message you after losing a game, it shows how they feel about themselves. 

5 minutes ago, FridayThe31st said:

I get this shit all the time. It’s usually from the people who can’t handle losing, mostly from Jason players who can’t kill me. One time the Jason rage quit and then messaged me, telling me to kill myself in real life and all that shit thinking I’d actually care about what he said in the message. I reported and deleted it. Another time a Jason just couldn’t kill me and was chasing me as the last one alive. He ended up not being able to kill me and at the very end, sent me a message saying some inappropriate insult and then proceeded to say he’s better at the game than me. I was thinking, sure you are buddy. You couldn’t kill me but you’re better at the game than me. Very interesting. I did the same thing as I do to all the messages like this, report and delete.

It’s not worth it replying to them, and while I have replied to certain people, sometimes a reaction is what they want from you. I like to think that when people feel the need to message you after losing a game, it shows how they feel about themselves. 

@FridayThe31st oh you're doing the right thing by deleting and reporting those messages. Those kinds of people need to go outside and get some fresh air. Yeah it's not worth getting a communication ban.

• Like 1

This is why I don't use a mike, so I can ignore the toxic players.  I made a thread about this a couple of months back called Toxic Little Bastards.  Silence is golden. Cheers and game on, my friends 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

This is why I don't use a mike, so I can ignore the toxic players.  I made a thread about this a couple of months back called Toxic Little Bastards.  Silence is golden. Cheers and game on, my friends 

I feel ya, man.  In Quick Matches Ill usually start with my Mic off.  If there are people with Mics that seem like they are fun then I will turn it on.   Afterall, this game is most enjoyable when you have a fun lobby that talks.  

Best people to play with are those who actually get scared (usually noobs).  I laugh my ass off hearing their heavy breathing and panic attacks when Jason shows up.  Its why I keep playing.  I literally feel like im a camp counsellor leading scared children to safety.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

I feel ya, man.  In Quick Matches Ill usually start with my Mic off.  If there are people with Mics that seem like they are fun then I will turn it on.   Afterall, this game is most enjoyable when you have a fun lobby that talks.  

Best people to play with are those who actually get scared (usually noobs).  I laugh my ass off hearing their heavy breathing and panic attacks when Jason shows up.  Its why I keep playing.  I literally feel like im a camp counsellor leading scared children to safety.

That's a good way to look at it and make the F13 experience come alive as much as possible. If you make it, then so do the kiddies.  That's why I liked the original Nintendo game  (which I still have). You only had a successful game if you defeat Jason with no kid casualties.  Otherwise it was a failure. Cheers and game on, my friends

19 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

I don't turn anything off right away, but there are PLENTY of times waiting in the lobby that you can tell who you need to mute immediately..LOL

i said it be4 the only way to fix this is to update the game an make jason computer controlled not human controlled that will solve all this forever

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

i said it be4 the only way to fix this is to update the game an make jason computer controlled not human controlled that will solve all this forever

Why the fuck would they do something that stupid? The fact that you can play as Jason is the biggest draw this game has.

• Confused 1

On 4/1/2020 at 10:30 PM, glowing ooze said:

ive been called a try hard for using stalk... somebody jumped out their seat 😂😂😂

In the early days of the game, I caught someone off guard with Stalk, and they literally scrapped their pants.

8 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

I have to respectfully disagree. Harassing messages could still be a thing. If a player messed up the Jason kill, or a player ran you over,  you would still get potential messages you don't want. No matter what changes you make to this game, harassing messages will be a part of the experience.

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Why the fuck would they do something that stupid? The fact that you can play as Jason is the biggest draw this game has.

It was the biggest selling point for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

In the early days of the game, I caught someone off guard with Stalk, and they literally scrapped their pants.

aw yes. stalk. the best way to make someone fudge myselfs 👍

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

It was the biggest selling point for me.

+100

Taking away the ability to play as Jason would have been a horribly idiotic idea. We'd be left with a prettier version of the NES game if that happened. Even the critics that blasted this game the hardest praised the ability to be Jason. Why would you even consider such a stupid idea?

3 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

aw yes. stalk. the best way to make someone fudge myselfs 👍

I always tell people to go before they play so things like these are less likely to happen.

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

+100

Taking away the ability to play as Jason would have been a horribly idiotic idea. We'd be left with a prettier version of the NES game if that happened. Even the critics that blasted this game the hardest praised the ability to be Jason. Why would you even consider such a stupid idea?

It wouldn't take much to beat the look of the classic NES F13. I still enjoy it for what is was.

I still enjoy this game, despite the bugs.

• Like 2

To get back on subject, I really wish I knew why some people feel the need to respond to my "Good game" PMs with insults and hostility. No, I'm not saying it as sarcasm, and no, I'm not saying it to gloat or rub it in, I'm saying it out of good sportsmanship because I appreciate the effort you put into the round, even if it did little to actually help. 

That said, I have on occasion been the one sending hostile PMs. It doesn't happen often, but you're guaranteed to get one if: A] you're an obnoxious tea-bagger/stun-and-dancer and you don't survive. or B] you try to sneak attack me from behind and I suddenly do a 180 and grab you. 

On 4/4/2020 at 7:03 AM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

To get back on subject, I really wish I knew why some people feel the need to respond to my "Good game" PMs with insults and hostility. No, I'm not saying it as sarcasm, and no, I'm not saying it to gloat or rub it in, I'm saying it out of good sportsmanship because I appreciate the effort you put into the round, even if it did little to actually help. 

That said, I have on occasion been the one sending hostile PMs. It doesn't happen often, but you're guaranteed to get one if: A] you're an obnoxious tea-bagger/stun-and-dancer and you don't survive. or B] you try to sneak attack me from behind and I suddenly do a 180 and grab you. 

@HaHaTrumpWon they're doing that because they're mad that they've lost and proceed to say vulgur things to get you to react back to It, making themselves feel better. Hell, I gotten communication banned 5 times on Xbox Live because I was cussing players out for glitching or working with Jason. I dont do that anymore.