Best/Preferred Perks  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Perks do players consider to be the best (assuming Legendary Perks stats)?

• Evasion
    • Grease Monkey
    • Heavy Hitter
    • Home Body
    • Hypochondriac
    • Lead Foot
    • Level Headed
    • Lone Wolf
    • Low Profile
    • Marathon
    • Medic
    • My Dad's A Cop
    • Nerves of Steel
    • Night Owl
    • Preparedness
    • Slugger
    • Sneaky
    • Spacial Awareness
    • Thick Skinned
    • Tinker

Which Perks do players consider to be the best (assuming Legendary Perks stats)? I realise individual responses will depend on play style and counsellor choice but I'd like to get a general idea. The poll only allows me to include 20 choices - unfortunately I may have neglected some Perks which players use.

Medic, 17+ thick, hypo, nerves, swift.

The only perks that matter, unless you want a no fear Jenny build (10% preparedness, 10% nerves, 17+ thick), or a one hit Buggzy build (slugger, thrasher, swift/17+ thick).

• Like 1

Medic, Thick Skinned, Marathon, and Nerves of Steel. Best perks in the game. I don't say preparedness simply because I love my mini-map and I never want to lose it.

You are missing Restfull perk.

My favorite build is Tiffany with Restfull, Marathon and Thick Skinned.  She is a cabin-looting machine.  Terrible at fixing shit but she can pretty much spend the entire match sprinting from drawer to drawer and cabin to cabin collecting parts and dropping them off.  And Id argue she is up there with Vanessa as one the hardest for Jason to kill.

• Like 1

I've explained my loadout and the reasoning behind it on a couple recent threads, so apologies if this is repetitive for some.

I'm not making a claim that these are the "best". I don't have the knowledge or skills of an uber metagame player, nor is that a thing that would interest me.

I've been running Preparedness & Nerves of Steel basically from the start. Know where you are right from the beginning and never lose sight of it, even with Jason up your ass. It's my security blanket. Don't touch my blankie. 

My third is My Dad's A Cop.  Yes, it's situational.  Fully acknowledged.  But boy is it nice having a full minute or more shaved off of having to screw around with Jason. And that shaved off time benefits everyone that hasn't died already. 

I will never play a counselor without thick skinned equipped. Medic is a very close second. I enjoy playing No Fear Jenny(10% Nerves of Steel, 10% Preparedness) and always use thick skinned as my third perk.

Edit to add this: I have a very aggressive play-style, where I'm always trying to trigger Jason's traps and squaring up with him, so thick skinned is necessary all of the time.

6 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

You are missing Restfull perk.

My favorite build is Tiffany with Restfull, Marathon and Thick Skinned.  She is a cabin-looting machine.  Terrible at fixing shit but she can pretty much spend the entire match sprinting from drawer to drawer and cabin to cabin collecting parts and dropping them off.  And Id argue she is up there with Vanessa as one the hardest for Jason to kill.

I hear a lot of people recommend restful as a strong perk, but I honestly can't agree. Stam regen is completely reliant on fear, and most counselors gain fear so quickly that restful doesn't help. Tiffany, especially with her terrible composure. Marathon, on the other hand, is a really nice perk to use on counselors like Deb, AJ, Eric. I wouldn't consider her as hard to kill as Vanessa, either; because her speed is relatively low, and her luck is terrible as well.

NoS, Medic, TS...

Unless your plan is to come back as Tommy to kill Jason then it's NoS, Medic, Slugger.

58 minutes ago, cutecharm said:

I hear a lot of people recommend restful as a strong perk, but I honestly can't agree. Stam regen is completely reliant on fear, and most counselors gain fear so quickly that restful doesn't help. Tiffany, especially with her terrible composure. Marathon, on the other hand, is a really nice perk to use on counselors like Deb, AJ, Eric. I wouldn't consider her as hard to kill as Vanessa, either; because her speed is relatively low, and her luck is terrible as well.

You make a good point about fear hurting stam regen.  But I still find it really helpful for looting and dropping off parts.  

Tiff's speed stat alone sucks but when you factor in how long she can sprint (especially with marathon) it more than makes up for it.  And even when sprinting its hard for Jason to see her pings.  She is my go to for maps like Pinehurst and Jarvis House.  

I find it ironic that she gets the "unlikely final girl" acheivement.  Cause to me she is actually the most likely to be the last one standing. Mostly cause she is hard to catch and not a big threat so Jasons usually give up till she is all thats left.  

• Like 1

Hi all,

Thanks for your responses and poll data so far. There is only one surprise for me: I knew Medic was popular but I didn't know it was (at this stage of the poll) the most popular. I realise statistically so far we only have a small sample range.

I have been reluctant to use Medic because most rounds I don't even find a Medical Spray. Am I looking in the wrong places? Any advice?

Thanks,

Matt

10 hours ago, MattP said:

Hi all,

Thanks for your responses and poll data so far. There is only one surprise for me: I knew Medic was popular but I didn't know it was (at this stage of the poll) the most popular. I realise statistically so far we only have a small sample range.

I have been reluctant to use Medic because most rounds I don't even find a Medical Spray. Am I looking in the wrong places? Any advice?

Thanks,

Matt

Every map has some designated med spray spots, I’ve memorized some of them so here they are:

Crystal Lake Small: 1 or 2 in the bathrooms, 1 at a random campfire, 1 in the boat shop, 1 on the front balcony at the cabin above the workshop, 1 at the lifeguard post at the shoreline next to the car spawn. 

Packanack Small: 1 on a barrel at the barn at the west exit, 1 in the small green cabin next to the campfire at the main lodge, 1 on lifeguard post at the shore down the stairs from the main lodge, 1 on the small island north, 1 at a random campfire.

Higgins Haven Small: 1 in the barn, 1 at a random campfire, 1 at the graveyard, 1 on the porch at the main ledge between two chairs, 1 on a stack of books at the top of the stairs inside the main lodge. 

Packanack: 1 on the balcony on the second floor of the main lodge, 1 can sometimes spawn in the downstairs bathroom behind the door, 1 can sometimes spawn at the same lifeguard post as Packanack small, 1 at the barn, 1 in the small green cabin next to the campfire at the main lodge, 1 at a random campfire. 

Higgins Haven: 1 on a stack of books on the second floor of the main lodge, 1 can sometimes spawn in the bathroom in the main lodge, 1 at the docks where the boat spawns south of Evergreen camp, 1 at a random campfire, 1 at the graveyard.

Crystal Lake: 1 in the workshop, 1 on a barrel next to outhouses by the archery, 1 on the balcony at the cabin north of the workshop, 1 in the boat shop, 1 or 2 at the bathrooms, 1 at a random campfire. 

Jarvis House: 1 in each bathroom in the main lodges, 1 on a barrel next to the docks on the east island, 1 at a random campfire OR at one of the boat spawns. 

Pinehurst: 1 in the bathroom at the main lodge, 1 in the upstairs bedroom w/bunk beds, 1 at a picnic table at Stoneside next to the campfire, 1 at a picnic table at Camarillo, 1 at a random campfire.

Always check all bathrooms and side rooms as well on every map, they can spawn there too.  

Edit: Medic is very good, but only if you can roll it with 0% damage taken increase. I wouldn’t suggest using it otherwise. 😊

• Like 2

@cutecharm Thanks so much for your very detailed reply - I appreciate it.

When I begin a round as a counsellor I simply start searching the nearest cabin that is not already occupied by another counsellor. Given that there are a limited Medical Sprays on any map (and all the counsellors want them!) - should I be heading directly to one of the locations you have listed? What is your strategy? Do you end up finding at least one Medical Spray most rounds?

Thanks also for your tip concerning 0% damage on the Medic Perk.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cutecharm said:

Every map has some designated med spray spots, I’ve memorized some of them so here they are:

Crystal Lake Small: 1 or 2 in the bathrooms, 1 at a random campfire, 1 in the boat shop, 1 on the front balcony at the cabin above the workshop, 1 at the lifeguard post at the shoreline next to the car spawn. 

Packanack Small: 1 on a barrel at the barn at the west exit, 1 in the small green cabin next to the campfire at the main lodge, 1 on lifeguard post at the shore down the stairs from the main lodge, 1 on the small island north, 1 at a random campfire.

Higgins Haven Small: 1 in the barn, 1 at a random campfire, 1 at the graveyard, 1 on the porch at the main ledge between two chairs, 1 on a stack of books at the top of the stairs inside the main lodge. 

Packanack: 1 on the balcony on the second floor of the main lodge, 1 can sometimes spawn in the downstairs bathroom behind the door, 1 can sometimes spawn at the same lifeguard post as Packanack small, 1 at the barn, 1 in the small green cabin next to the campfire at the main lodge, 1 at a random campfire. 

Higgins Haven: 1 on a stack of books on the second floor of the main lodge, 1 can sometimes spawn in the bathroom in the main lodge, 1 at the docks where the boat spawns south of Evergreen camp, 1 at a random campfire, 1 at the graveyard.

Crystal Lake: 1 in the workshop, 1 on a barrel next to outhouses by the archery, 1 on the balcony at the cabin north of the workshop, 1 in the boat shop, 1 or 2 at the bathrooms, 1 at a random campfire. 

Jarvis House: 1 in each bathroom in the main lodges, 1 on a barrel next to the docks on the east island, 1 at a random campfire OR at one of the boat spawns. 

Pinehurst: 1 in the bathroom at the main lodge, 1 in the upstairs bedroom w/bunk beds, 1 at a picnic table at Stoneside next to the campfire, 1 at a picnic table at Camarillo, 1 at a random campfire.

Always check all bathrooms and side rooms as well on every map, they can spawn there too.  

Edit: Medic is very good, but only if you can roll it with 0% damage taken increase. I wouldn’t suggest using it otherwise. 😊

This right here is the reason I sometimes don't run Medic. Once you get really good at memorizing the Med Spray Spawns and  learning to mitigate damage from Jasons attacks, Medic is ALMOST not necessary.

• Like 1

I main Fox and I use thick-skinned, marathon, and prepardness on her.  So far, I've had a very good amount of success with that build.

On 4/2/2020 at 7:05 PM, MattP said:

@cutecharm Thanks so much for your very detailed reply - I appreciate it.

When I begin a round as a counsellor I simply start searching the nearest cabin that is not already occupied by another counsellor. Given that there are a limited Medical Sprays on any map (and all the counsellors want them!) - should I be heading directly to one of the locations you have listed? What is your strategy? Do you end up finding at least one Medical Spray most rounds?

Thanks also for your tip concerning 0% damage on the Medic Perk.

You’re so welcome!

For me it depends on the map. If I spawn near one of the spots where a med spray is, then I’ll usually just quickly loot the closest cabin to me and then go grab the spray. I almost always find a med spray every round after learning all of the spawn points. 

On 4/2/2020 at 7:45 PM, Dunken said:

This right here is the reason I sometimes don't run Medic. Once you get really good at memorizing the Med Spray Spawns and  learning to mitigate damage from Jasons attacks, Medic is ALMOST not necessary.

Yeah, it really helps to know the spots where it’s guaranteed to find a spray. I still usually use medic though, just because I have a very aggressive play style and intentionally try to take out all of Jason’s traps early on in the match so we can get stuff done. 😎

No Lightfoot? It’s absolutely essential for AJ, you’re using her wrong if you don’t have it equipped. You’re missing Speed Demon too. The repair time ‘penalty’ that perk gives you will turn a tier 2 repair counselor into tier 1. Solo vehicle speed boost is just a nice bonus; it’s most helpful for lone wolf players who fix vehicles solo.

My AJ with Legendary Lightfoot (15 noise reduction), Epic Preparedness (9 fear reduction + map that allows you to strategically avoid other counselors at the beginning of the game) and Common Speed Demon (15 repair speed decrease) effectively breaks the game until Jason gets rage. She simply will not be discovered even when sprinting nonstop and doing repairs unless I do something stupid or Jason gets lucky.

I go with Preparedness and Medic to start.  Intel is half the battle and it's always useful to have extra health spray,  either for yourself or a wounded team mate. I alternate between Hypochondriac and thick skin. Deb is my main and she can't fight well, but she is awesome as a fixer and healer