MattP

Rolling Specific Legendary Perks - Advice Request

Hi there,

A little while back I asked a question about rolling Legendary Perks:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/27852-rolling-legendary-perks-technique-or-100-random/?tab=comments#comment-374845

Since then, I increased my Level to 150 and accumulated about 200,000 CP. I have followed the advice received. I activated Max Value Perks on all counsellors. I am spreading the rolling out between every counsellor.

I began with 11 Legendary Perks. I have gone through 100,000CP and rolled 8 more Legendary Perks. I already had one of those - so I currently hold 18 Legendary Perks.

These are the Legendary Perks I think I would most like to have:
Level Headed
Marathon
Nerves Of Steel
Thick Skinned

I currently have Epic level Perks for each of those four.

To the point: does anyone have any specific advice for rolling those four Legendary Perks? Perhaps certain counsellors roll those Legendary Perks more often than other counsellors? Perhaps I need certain other Perks activated before I begin rolling? I will be very glad to receive any advice.

Thanks,

Matt P

@MattP I read your previous topic but didn't get around to posting. In a nutshell, I've rolled approx. over 3 million CP and perk rolling definitely appears to be completely random. I've used a variety of methods and have acquired 23 max value Epic/Legendary perks with at least 15 of them being perfect perks (no negative values). I know that it was suggested to use certain counselors to roll certain perks or making sure that each perk slot has a max value perk in it, but I have also tried these methods and found no definitive results in doing so.

Having said that, the only one certainty that I did seem to notice was that it is more than likely that you will roll a Legendary perk roughly every 10,000 CP, give or take several rolls. I believe the same thing was also mentioned in your previous topic. So that just means the odds of rolling a Legendary are about 1/20. Some people may have more luck than others. You rolled 1/25 from your 100k CP so it's definitely there or thereabouts.

I also want to point out that whilst it might look good to have a full display of Legendary perks at your disposal, my suggestion would be to not focus on them so much. This is because I have rolled many Epic perks that are actually better than the Legendary version that I already owned or rolled thereafter. And in most circumstances the bonus that comes with the Legendary just isn't worth it, especially when the base values are worst than an Epic. At the end of the day Legendaries are only Epics with an insubstantial bonus (in most cases). Not only that, but in the case of the Medic perk, the bonus increased repair speed that you get with a Legendary is actually a detriment to a counselor due to how the repair mechanics work.

• Thanks 1

It would literally take hundreds of thousands of Perk Rolls to have enough data to properly answer this question.  So anyone offering you advice is basing said advice on anecdotal evidence alone.  So go ahead just assume it is completely random as nobody can prove otherwise.

Thanks for your replies guys - I appreciate what you've written. I rolled through my remaining CP (about 100,000). I rolled 6 new Legendary Perks. I also rolled several Legendary Perks which I already had - I didn't record how many but probably 3 or 4. That would make it roughly 1 Legendary Perk per 10,000 CP - which is what a lot of people have already quoted. During rolling I am of course selling back many unwanted Perks - so the real figure is much higher than 10,000 CP per Legendary perk.

To my dismay I have noticed how often Legendary Perks are actually inferior to Epic Perks that I already have. I'm embarrassed to admit that more than once I have replaced an Epic Perk with an inferior Legendary Perk just for the sake of vain glory! (stupid, I know)

@F13 Seppuku Squad I'm curious as to what you wrote about the bonus increased repair speed on Medic Legendary Perk. I think you're suggesting that when the repair mini game moves faster, it's actually harder to hit the correct buttons in time?

On 4/2/2020 at 12:21 AM, MattP said:

@F13 Seppuku Squad I'm curious as to what you wrote about the bonus increased repair speed on Medic Legendary Perk. I think you're suggesting that when the repair mini game moves faster, it's actually harder to hit the correct buttons in time?

Yep, that is exactly what I was referring to. I had a Legandary Medic that I replaced with a perfect Epic, and the difference between the 3% repair speed increase and no bonus speed increase made me noticeably less prone to error when using Vanessa. And on the other hand, an Epic/Legendary Speed Demon perk with a high value on its negative repair speed decrease is much more beneficial as the repair dial moves noticeably slower.