Jump to content

If the Jason kill got some kind of rework to make the kill more challenging, how would you feel about it?  

50 members have voted

  1. 1. If the Jason kill got some kind of rework, how would you feel about it?

    • Overjoyed - It is long overdue.
    • Content - It could make things a bit better.
    • Neutral - It doesn't bother me one way or the other.
    • Disappointed - I like things as they are.
    • Pissed - It's time to move on to another game.


Recommended Posts

Reworked how? Easier or harder to kill?

Jason is not too hard to kill now. Why make it any easier?

Sorry, been off of the forums for a while. Did I miss something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Grape said:

Reworked how? Easier or harder to kill?

 Harder. Fair Play suggest you edit the poll question to specify harder it is kind of vague the way it is worded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe just a suggestion - leave things the way they are, but have only 1 machete and 1 axe per map.

Just a thought off of the top of my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

 Harder. Fair Play suggest you edit the poll question to specify harder it is kind of vague the way it is worded.

I made the adjustment to the poll question.

8 hours ago, Grape said:

Maybe just a suggestion - leave things the way they are, but have only 1 machete and 1 axe per map.

Just a thought off of the top of my head.

An intriguing idea. Welcome back by the way.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2020 at 11:53 AM, imthatdamngood33 said:

How about when the match starts, the power is already off. This way, the power boxes have to be fixed before the Tommy call can be made. Tommy is quite often called within the first 1-2 minutes of the match.

This also should be a thing.

We have to repair the phone, the cars and the boat to get those going...it only makes sense that we'd have to fix the power to call Tommy in. 

If that's not able to be done, then the Tommy tower should be displayed on the map to Jason and counselors.  That way it can be prioritized by both sides and gives equal footing.  Jason can go there on first morph every time reliably, now it's really 50/50 if it doesn't show in the cut scene.  And counselors once they get a map will also know exactly where it is to push it as a priority like some do with the car or boat. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the neutral camp. While my own experience in the game doesn't encapsulate everyone's, I haven't found the Jason kill to be as foregone of a conclusion as it's sometimes made out to be. I've seen a lot of people screw up the Jason kill or just not know what they're doing.

That said, I don't think adding a QTE for the kill and/or sweater grab would be a bad thing.  Ramps up the challenge for experienced players, but is not such a big change in degree of difficulty that lesser players should feel overwhelmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 11:58 AM, keepthebeat929 said:

I'm in the neutral camp. While my own experience in the game doesn't encapsulate everyone's, I haven't found the Jason kill to be as foregone of a conclusion as it's sometimes made out to be. I've seen a lot of people screw up the Jason kill or just not know what they're doing.

That said, I don't think adding a QTE for the kill and/or sweater grab would be a bad thing.  Ramps up the challenge for experienced players, but is not such a big change in degree of difficulty that lesser players should feel overwhelmed.

Interesting perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Interesting perspective.

As in, a backhanded way of saying "that's stupid", or was it actually thought-provoking?  Wouldn't be the first time I've stepped in it, was just my long-winded way of saying that a small change would be fair to all players, skilled or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This does need looked into and you have to realize jason players use the water to escape death i see it most games either because they lose there mask 2 minutes in or mask gets knocked of with 2 hits then tommy gets called  after all jason's traps have been tanked and he has been chain stunned at the power box. it's kinda a new strategy for the jason players. and if he does go to the water to avoid death then the players should be looking to escape and get the win not stand around waiting on the jason player to come back. most times doing other things will draw him out then you can try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, keepthebeat929 said:

As in, a backhanded way of saying "that's stupid", or was it actually thought-provoking?  Wouldn't be the first time I've stepped in it, was just my long-winded way of saying that a small change would be fair to all players, skilled or not.

Not in the least. I said "interesting perspective", as I found it interesting.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If  Jason's mask becomes harder to remove then there has to be more machetes and axes added to the game for fairness and balance.

If The Tommy Jarvis house radio house becomes more visible to Jason players then more pocket knives need to be added for fairness and balance.

it will take a full lobby of people to turn on the jarvis house power,making the game unreasonably difficult and broke.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Strigoi said:

If  Jason's mask becomes harder to remove then there has to be more machetes and axes added to the game for fairness and balance.

If The Tommy Jarvis house radio house becomes more visible to Jason players then more pocket knives need to be added for fairness and balance.

it will take a full lobby of people to turn on the jarvis house power,making the game unreasonably difficult and broke.

Wow.

How did you come up with these ratios to adjust the “balance” for the game ?

“It will take a full lobby of people just to turn on the Jarvis house power...”

If Jason even knocks out the power to the CB radio house it will still Take the same amount of players to fix it.....one just like always.....

If the Jason is guarding it then attempting another objective might be in order or use team work to get him away from it.... these options will still be there.

I think we should just wait to see what the developers have planned.....no reason to act like the sky is falling....

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

If The Tommy Jarvis house radio house becomes more visible to Jason players then more pocket knives need to be added for fairness and balance.

Pointless Jason players would just slash everyone they wouldn't even use grab kills anymore. I know that's what I would do knowing there were pocket knives added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Pointless Jason players would just slash everyone they wouldn't even use grab kills anymore. I know that's what I would do knowing there were pocket knives added.

These suggestions are all ridiculous .

making the Jason kill less accessible will put the game out of balance.

there is only 3 axes and 4 machetes each map match.

what about players who are 150 and enjoy the Jason kill.

good Jasons can slash and kill everyone with enough experience.

 

 

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

If  Jason's mask becomes harder to remove then there has to be more machetes and axes added to the game for fairness and balance.

If The Tommy Jarvis house radio house becomes more visible to Jason players then more pocket knives need to be added for fairness and balance.

it will take a full lobby of people to turn on the jarvis house power,making the game unreasonably difficult and broke.

1 - You dont need a machete or axe to take Jason's mask off. They just make it a lot easier.  Ive seen Jason's mask fall off from stepping in a trap.

2 - I have no idea what the CB radio has to do with pocket knives.  

3 - if the lobby is so bad that it takes all of them to fix 1 power box then they had no chance of killing jason anyhow.  

 

Rather than show Jason where the CB radio is, it would be a lot more simple to just have it broken when the game starts.  That way calling Tommy requires the same skill check as every other win condition (cops, car and boat).

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Strigoi this whole poll thread by @Fair Play was about to find out what the majority of players (at least here in this forum) would think about some changes for the Jason kill.

Judging by the votes (pls look at them) the majority would be fine with some changes, reasons might differ, but mostly on the fact that it’s too easy right now.

Nobody votes for heavy impact changes, but Jason‘s mask just tanking 2 more hits before falling off or Tommy’s box being broken at the start would be a nice step in this direction.

By changing this nobody will need tons of axes or machetes to cope with a mask that just needs 2 more hits. You also don’t need a whole lobby for fixing a simple power box or more pocket knives.

let‘s just wait what the devs have in mind for us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Strigoi said:

These suggestions are all ridiculous .

 

 

 

I'm sure if we all had it your way Jason could randomly sneeze and his mask would fall off.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Strigoi said:

These suggestions are all ridiculous .

What is ridiculous.....

All of your less windows, less machete, over powered /Impossible to kill Jason threads you create.....

And your “Fairness and Balance” suggestions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, SirMang said:

I'm sure if we all had it your way Jason could randomly sneeze and his mask would fall off

On top of that come some Options in Quickplay, with which you can choose that you start the match

• directly as Tommy: so, if Tommy gets called in the match, we have max. 8 Tommy’s in the lobby. This also solves the lack of pocket knives)

• with Jason always dropping to his knees, whenever you turn your flashlight rapidly on and off: this solves the lack of axes/machetes)

Just kidding, but I will enjoy whatever change we will get.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i chose the neautral option.. because right now, i think it is fine.. but.. if a change were to be made, i'd be okay with it..

i havent played in a long time, so i dont know if it's getting harder for Jasons - my only complaint that i've had with the game from the jump is that at times, it feels like you HAVE to babysit the objectives too much - and it seems that is where most of the trolling happens..

someone mentioned a while back (cant remember where) about maybe giving Jason his "stalk" ability first - to make it easier to sneak up on people at the start of the match.. that would be a switch i would like to see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Strigoi said:

making the Jason kill less accessible will put the game out of balance.

It was never meant to be too accessible really. Remember it took the original devs 75 attempts to accomplish it. These were people who knew the game inside and out better than anyone,and it still took them 75 tries or that is what was claimed by them. That was back before any nerfs or buffs or game mechanic changes.That ratio 1 in 75 should roughly be the same today but I guarantee it is more like 1 in 10,1 in 20 being generous.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Pointless Jason players would just slash everyone they wouldn't even use grab kills anymore. I know that's what I would do knowing there were pocket knives added.

I could see that being a thing.

15 hours ago, Strigoi said:

These suggestions are all ridiculous . Let's not be quick to criticize the views of others.

making the Jason kill less accessible will put the game out of balance.

 Making the kill more challenging doesn't make it impossible. Nothing has been done yet.

there is only 3 axes and 4 machetes each map match. For the right players, that can be more than enough.

what about players who are 150 and enjoy the Jason kill. They will still be able to enjoy the kill.

good Jasons can slash and kill everyone with enough experience. A good Jason gets the job done, period.

The development team has said more than once that actions taken will be done with careful consideration on both sides. Let's see what they come up with before jumping to worst case scenario.

15 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

1 - You dont need a machete or axe to take Jason's mask off. They just make it a lot easier. Ive seen Jason's mask fall off from stepping in a trap.

I can verify the same.

7 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

It was never meant to be too accessible really. Remember it took the original devs 75 attempts to accomplish it. These were people who knew the game inside and out better than anyone,and it still took them 75 tries or that is what was claimed by them. That was back before any nerfs or buffs or game mechanic changes.That ratio 1 in 75 should roughly be the same today but I guarantee it is more like 1 in 10,1 in 20 being generous.

It could have been the same, but not likely. The player base has some really committed players who have mastered the mechanics on a molecular level. They brought to light some of the game's design flaws. If these flaws didn't exist, the experience would be totally different than what it is now. Perhaps Jason would be feared a bit more. We'll never know.

If we could get a few of the requested tweaks in the name of balance, then maybe the Jason kill rate would go down a bit. Given the limited time frame remaining in the development cycle, the chance of improvement is uncertain. I'm sure the team has some ideas for adjustments regarding the kill, but the million dollar question is, will it be enough?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2020 at 8:57 AM, Strigoi said:

These suggestions are all ridiculous .

making the Jason kill less accessible will put the game out of balance.

there is only 3 axes and 4 machetes each map match.

what about players who are 150 and enjoy the Jason kill.

good Jasons can slash and kill everyone with enough experience.

 

 

It must be hell inside your head.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...