If the Jason kill got some kind of rework to make the kill more challenging, how would you feel about it?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. If the Jason kill got some kind of rework, how would you feel about it?

• Overjoyed - It is long overdue.
    • Content - It could make things a bit better.
    • Neutral - It doesn't bother me one way or the other.
    • Disappointed - I like things as they are.
    • Pissed - It's time to move on to another game.

Have at it ladies and gentleman.

@Strigoi, this is not meant to speak for every person playing, but it will give you an idea of how players here feel about the issue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I Like the way the game is now.

but if the devs update the game i wish they would add different game modes etc.

2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I Like the way the game is now.

but if the devs update the game i wish they would add different game modes etc.

Different game modes are not an option this late in the game's lifespan.

The custom toggle options in Private matches are probably the best one can hope for at this point.

50 minutes ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

As a player who has killed Jason and been killed as Jason many times, I'm thrilled about it. 

Anything that adds and freshens up the gameplay should feel welcomed at this point IMO. 

I agree.

• Like 2

I am neutral about the whole thing.  Making Jason a bit harder to kill would be good overall but OMG there a ton of bigger issues/glitches that need to be fixed first.  

Devs #1 prioriry should be fixing all of the glitches/exploits.  (Sliding, losing PKs, wrecked cars etc). 

8 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

Devs #1 prioriry should be fixing all of the glitches/exploits.  (Sliding, losing PKs, wrecked cars etc).

I don't think anyone will argue that point at all but if they can tweak the kill mechanics while they are doing that is just icing on the cake.

Good poll, I definitely think it’s time we see a change regarding the Jason kill.  It is something to look forward to, so I’ll be waiting until then! 

The only thing about polls like this is the numbers could get skewed by people going to enough lengths to create a bunch of new accounts on here and shifting the tide one way or the other. I hope that is taken into account.

34 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

The only thing about polls like this is the numbers could get skewed by people going to enough lengths to create a bunch of new accounts on here and shifting the tide one way or the other. I hope that is taken into account.

So far almost every one who has participated in the poll have been long standing members.

11 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

I am neutral about the whole thing.  Making Jason a bit harder to kill would be good overall but OMG there a ton of bigger issues/glitches that need to be fixed first.  

They'll decide what they feel is a priority. As long as the major issues are potentially fixed, I don't care about the order of things.

11 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I don't think anyone will argue that point at all but if they can tweak the kill mechanics while they are doing that is just icing on the cake.

Multitasking is possible, but taking it slow and doing it correctly makes more sense.

4 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

This is more like it. Thanks for the poll @Fair Play

I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Just doing my part to help with the process. I'd do more if I was able to.

2 hours ago, FridayThe31st said:

Good poll, I definitely think it’s time we see a change regarding the Jason kill.  It is something to look forward to, so I’ll be waiting until then! 

I'm glad someone appreciates the effort.

8 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

So far almost every one who has participated in the poll have been long standing members.

Most of my polls are comprised of long standing members, for which I am thankful.

I only wish some of our former members were here to contribute to the process as well.

44 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Skewing could happen from either perspective. Let's not encourage that kind of thinking, and hope people voice their honest opinion, and leave it at that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm in favor of it getting a re-work. IMO, there should never come a moment during a match where counselors have Jason by the balls and the average Jason player's only two options are to either walk right into getting killed or run away to avoid it. There should be more dynamics involved in the process, like maybe adding a necessary third counselor to the mix, as in the one who kneels Jason has to be someone other than Tommy/Sweater Girl with a high strength rating, and that person has to have a specific weapon. And/or maybe there are only certain areas of the map where the kill can take place (not sure about that one). Make Jason harder to unmask, and give him the ability to put the mask back on. To really shake things up, could also give him the ability to make a player drop the mask from their inventory either by slashing/knifing or grabbing them, that way a counselor simply picking it up and hoarding it isn't a safe bet, and kill squads would have a new dynamic to think about. A strategic attack by Jason on the player showing up in a unique color on Sense, indicating they have the mask, could give him the opportunity to put it back on before the sweater is activated.

Question is, how the Jason kill „itself“ can actually be reworked, without adding new content.

All parameters like looking for the shack, putting on sweater, joining TJ, taking Jason’s mask off are surely set in stone (in other words there wouldn’t be any new ways of killing him - although I deeply like counselors have a way of drowning „water hiding  pussy Jasons“ with a chain or something).

Right now, I only can imagine that the final button (on PS4 the „X“) for TJ will be reworked. It is surely way too easy for TJ to just press the X after Jason is on his knees.

Suggestion: we already have QTE in the game (for fixing car, boat, fuse), how about substituting the TJ’s final X with a QTE (old content, not new) ?

This could make it a little bit more difficult, of course the final QTE shouldn’t be too easy like all other QTE are as playing TJ, this one should be maybe more like Chad’s/Vanessa’s QTE (= shorter reaction time).

In order to make it more dramatical: this final QTE should be viewable by all players (killed spectators, active counselors and Jason himself). This way all of them could watch the final obstacle in killing Jason and even with Jason on his knees there would be chances to mess up, which would make the whole kill more difficult.

• Like 1

The easiest tweak in my opinion which the devs seem pretty adamant about NOT doing is allow Jason to see the Tommy tower on his map and make the mask harder to remove. Maybe adding a generic tower icon is technically "new content"? It never did make any sense to me that Jason can see everything BUT a big ole tower with a light on top of it to boot but he can see a fuse box. Maybe give all Jason's 1 more trap including part 2 to help the trap tanking at the Tommy box. Just those tweaks alone would slow down kill squads without messing with the mechanics and the coding too much.We all know what seems to happen when they go messing with the code. I'm just trying to suggest very simplistic things that shouldn't mess with the code to any extent.

I had to vote for overjoyed, because the Jason kill feels imbalanced. Something as simple as the sweater spawning in only 50% of the time will make all the difference (or just anything that will guarantee a kill squad couldn't defeat Jason several matches in a row).

15 hours ago, Wolledc said:

Suggestion: we already have QTE in the game (for fixing car, boat, fuse), how about substituting the TJ’s final X with a QTE (old content, not new) ?

I like this idea, but I'll take it a step further...

You get a QTE for picking up the sweater itself.  Jason doesn't get notified someone is in the shack unless the QTE is failed.  And if you fail it resets completely to 0.  Give 3 chances to grab the sweater, 3 failed QTEs in the lobby and the prompt disappears. 

If it's easier, give a QTE to just entering the shack itself.  If failed it notifies Jason, after 3 failed QTEs then an invisible wall shows up and the shack can't be entered at all. 

It'll change the constant lobbies full of Vanessa because her repair is so bad the QTEs will be rough on getting in the shack.  

• Like 1

Simply giving Jason more HP would be the most straightforward and easiest option for the devs to implement. But my preferred option, in addition to this, would be to allow Jason to be able to put his mask back on once it is knocked off. The devs can just use the same animation that Jason does when he's placing a trap, and once Jason's mask is back on 50% of his HP is restored. This process can be repeated, so it would add more importance to the mask and give players something else to consider as so many players are happy to go into Jason's shack willy-nilly.

Also, just throwing this out there even though it can never be done. It would be nice if Tommy had the option to immobilise/end game Jason in the water like he did in Part VI, provided he is the last player alive. Once Jason and Tommy are in close proximity in the water Tommy can activate the "kill" and both players get identical QTE's where the first to mess up loses. This would help to stop salty Jason players hiding in the water but also give them a chance to avoid the "kill." The reason Jason has a chance at avoiding the "kill" is because Tommy players would simply wait in the water knowing that they can win the match automatically as the last man standing. So, if Jason wins - Tommy is drowned and the game ends with Jason going back to his shack. But if Tommy wins - a nice, sepia slow-mo cutscene of Tommy placing a rock-weighted chain around Jason's neck and him sinking to the bottom is shown. Furthermore, this "kill" option wouldn't be too OP as Jason would just need to make sure he doesn't end up leaving Tommy until last. Not to mention that the same stipulation that his mask has to be off still applies. But hey, not gonna happen.

• Like 2

A complete rework is definitely off the table, nor is it really necessary as the steps involved to do the kill are not the issue it’s how easily the process is accomplished.

so I agree a value change to Jason Mask /Hp and the ability to put your mask back on would be perfect.

I also don’t see them adding in any type of QTE to the kill process that if failed will take the Sweater or access to the shack away completely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

Give 3 chances to grab the sweater, 3 failed QTEs in the lobby and the prompt disappears. 

A QTE for putting on the sweater or entering the shack also works fine for me, but I wouldn’t limit it to some attempts.

By limiting it, I am afraid any Jason teamer in the match would have a new prime objective: running directly to it, make 3 fail attempts and the kill option would be off the table (of course, right now picking up the sweater and misusing it is resulting in the same...).

1 hour ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Once Jason and Tommy are in close proximity in the water Tommy can activate the "kill" and both players get identical QTE's where the first to mess up loses

Sounds perfect, I love that scenario. Similar to any stand off in the Wild West... so bad, no new content.

• Thanks 1

i like the idea of QTE in both picking up the sweater and in the final tommy death strike, more so for grabbing the sweater. tommy just pressing the action button is fine if the real challenge was removing the mask & QTE for the sweater.

BUT instead of repair characters having the highest chance at good QTE grabbing the sweater, its composer that determins how easy the skill checks are. if not that, just make it so it is hard for anybody, like a vanessa filling the gas skill checks. no limit on chances to grab it. jason still hears you enter the shack unless you have the mask. this makes it so you pretty much have to have the mask to go in the shack to do those brutal skill checks.

ive always thought jason should cause more damage the more people are in his "danger zone".. i think that would put an end to the 4 or more counselor gang bang parties where everybody circles jason up.. what is jason supposed to do in that situation?? run. thats about all he can do if jason plays it safe.. he's not bruce lee ya know.. but NOBODY playing as jason wants to run away. they want to cut them all down.. its hard to play it smart in that situation & not go out choppin because you are jason voorhees & running doesnt cross alot of players minds in that situation.. because youre jason... the crowds shouldnt be rewarded for playing this way, they should be punished.. i think more damage in crowds would be the right thing to do.

i do like these ideas but im afraid it might be asking for too much this late in the game & with some bigger problems still remaining like the spaceship cars.. but hey, maybe not!

a more simple solution im in favor of is adding more jason HP. jason having more hit points only effects those trying to kill him, not the others who are trying to escape. so why not give him more HP? why not make them really fight for it? give him a ton of HP, he's JASON for fuck sake!

i dont like the idea of jason putting his mask back on, thats just silly. give him more HP.

i know that doesnt solve everything, but it would make a huge difference. only the strong characters would be able to put up a good fight against jason, as it should be. the strong characters would break important weapons easily so theyd have to be smart about it, as it should be. it needs more strategy involved rather than just ganging up on jason. if the brats did that in the movies theyd be torn to pieces...

I am seeing some really good ideas here. Excluding new content technicalities, I think a blend of some of these could improve things. Hopefully the final outcome will be something that the majority can be satisfied with.

• Like 2

How about when the match starts, the power is already off. This way, the power boxes have to be fixed before the Tommy call can be made. Tommy is quite often called within the first 1-2 minutes of the match.

In another timeline (without any lawsuit forbidding new content) it would have been cool to have on Jarvis map the option to play as the little boy Tommy Jarvis.

Situation: one room of Jarvis house could have remained closed from the beginning with, after only two counselors are left alive, the locked room‘s door opens and little boy TJ (played by one of the killed counselors) enters the game.

Sweater girl is not needed, little TJ just has to find the hair clipper, starts a QTE, razes his head, then he is able to confront and distract Jason like in the movie reminding him of his former self and he could fight him.

1 hour ago, imthatdamngood33 said:

How about when the match starts, the power is already off. This way, the power boxes have to be fixed before the Tommy call can be made. Tommy is quite often called within the first 1-2 minutes of the match.

Sort of a tangent of my Idea of just letting Jason see where the Tommy tower is, basically accomplishes the same result delaying or preventing the Tommy call right away.This idea could be a option since they seemingly don't like my idea. I would add they make the skill checks just a tad harder to fix them. It would make playing a repair character more vital to the team. It however would kind of make this game a Dead by Daylight  clone in a way, instead of generator rushing it would be power box rushing. I'm assuming you mean you need to get all of them fixed before you can make the call, OK if that is the case. I'd also add to that Jason could knock out any of them to stop the call and trap it, just not one in particular like it is now. That would save us from having to memorize the patterns and sort of guess even with Tommy 86's guide. I'd be good with this concept.

• Like 1