Strigoi

Jason kill reworked is not good enough.Jason kill must be Removed with NO Possibility of counselors HUNTING Jason.

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

We're not, ever, removing the kill completely. 

Another key point I made was that we would like to err on the side of caution rather than make drastic crazy changes at this time.

The team has been investigating and working on some things that I truly think will straddle the line between the two opinions on the Jason Kill.

Until we have it set in stone, this is all the info I can share at this time.

OH, and I'm not going to lock this thread just yet. People stated their opinions and that's good. But let's keep it civil and realistic.

And @Strigoi please take a moment before posting threads like this. They have an incendiary effect when people see you trying to speak for them. And often the point of the thread is lost from there out. Too much speculation and too much speaking for others. I don't want to give out points here, but this is becoming a problem.

I Understand and im trying to stop posting things threads with no facts or that speak for others.

I Also have stopped posting things about Gun Medias next project.

I Understand that there is no more new content.

I Understand that Gun Media is not ready to share its next projects etc.

I Apologize if ive bothered anyone or have upset others.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

I Understand and im trying to stop posting things threads with no facts or that speak for others.

I Also have stopped posting things about Gun Medias next project.

I Understand that there is no more new content.

I Understand that Gun Media is not ready to share its next projects etc.

I Apologize if ive bothered anyone or have upset others.

It's all good! 

• Like 2

On 3/31/2020 at 7:12 AM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I think you'll find that the thread title was sarcasm.

As to removing the kill entirely, no... they SHOULD NOT completely remove the ability to kill Jason, and I don't think you'll find anyone on here that disagrees. There should always be the option to kill Jason, but if you think he is (currently) too hard to kill, you're either fucked in the head, or you're the absolute worst player this game has ever had. Let me break down the strategy used when I kill Jason with friends, you tell me what part of it you consider "difficult"

There's usually three of us. One is the designated sweater-girl, while the other two (me and the 3rd friend) are tasked with getting Jason's mask off and dying in the process. As long as we're the first two kills, one of us is guaranteed to come back as Tommy. As soon as the round starts, we loot a couple of nearby cabins looking for machetes, axes, and PK's (if you're wondering why someone intending to get killed needs a PK, it's either A: To give to designated SG, or B: in case you get grabbed before having the chance to inflict any damage). Then we beeline it right for Jason. If he's a slasher, we go shot-for-shot with him. If he's grab-happy, one of us gets grabbed on purpose so the other can get a free hit in. While this is going on, SG is running back and forth to the shack dropping spare weapons, med sprays, etc... and is keeping a very close eye on the scoreboard. As soon as both of us are dead, she jumps in a hiding place and opens her map so she can see where Tommy spawns in. They meet in the middle and go to the shack together. By now, 90% of the time Jason's mask is already off, so all we have to do is grab the sweater and wait for Jason to come to the shack. If he doesn't, we simply go look for him.

You want to know the hardest part about killing Jason? Finding him.

Words to live by. 

17 hours ago, I_THE_MAN_I said:

Words to live by. 

Actually, I should have said, "Finding him before some dumbass gets himself killed and comes back as Tommy". If we fail to get the kill, 99% of the time it's because either Tommy is a random that doesn't know what he's doing, or a random female counselor (who also doesn't know what she's doing) grabs the sweater early and gets herself killed. The other 1% is a combination of "Tommy never got called", "Axe broke on final stun", and "A random botched the kill by hitting Jason just before/after Tommy did". It is very rarely because of Tommy or Sweater Girl getting killed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Actually, I should have said, "Finding him before some dumbass gets himself killed and comes back as Tommy". If we fail to get the kill, 99% of the time it's because either Tommy is a random that doesn't know what he's doing, or a random female counselor (who also doesn't know what she's doing) grabs the sweater early and gets herself killed. The other 1% is a combination of "Tommy never got called", "Axe broke on final stun", and "A random botched the kill by hitting Jason just before/after Tommy did". It is very rarely because of Tommy or Sweater Girl getting killed.

In my opinion the problem is the machete.

The machete should be a heavier stun weapon just like the axe.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Strigoi said:

In my opinion the problem is the machete.

The machete should be a heavier stun weapon just like the axe.

Nah, the machete does the most damage of any melee weapon, it's low stun probability is the tradeoff. The Axe is the hybrid stun/bladed weapon,  so it's a fair balance. Some of my favorite Jason kills have been as Tommy when I've had to resource manage between the machete and the Axe.

14 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

HA, 

Yea man, it happens, as we all know, been a while since we were in a match. But above all that is the teamers whom think to troll, only to get trolled themselves. Another day in the life of Friday... Keep bringing tha smoke. T.M.

🙃˙ʇsɐoʇ ɥɔuǝɹɟ ʇɐǝ I uǝɥʍ lɐʇuǝuıʇuoɔɹǝʇuı ɯ,I ʇnq 'ʇsɐoq oʇ uɐǝɯ ʇ,uop I 'ɓɐɹq oʇ uɐǝɯ ʇ,uop I 🙃

I always watch tha map, if I dont stop the Tommy call, after the second kill I'm looking for Tommy, while he is separated from the pack, and run him down with extreme prejudice, when I'm Mr J.

🙃˙ʇsɐoʇ ɥɔuǝɹɟ ʇɐǝ I uǝɥʍ lɐʇuǝuıʇuoɔɹǝʇuı ɯ,I ʇnq 'ʇsɐoq oʇ uɐǝɯ ʇ,uop I 'ɓɐɹq oʇ uɐǝɯ ʇ,uop I 🙃

2 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Nah, the machete does the most damage of any melee weapon, it's low stun probability is the tradeoff. The Axe is the hybrid stun/bladed weapon,  so it's a fair balance. Some of my favorite Jason kills have been as Tommy when I've had to resource manage between the machete and the Axe.

The machete imo has the fastest swing animation, the spear the longest range, and the pig sticker, the widest hit box arc. Good for when your in gangbang situation. But again it comes down to playstyle, and the skill of the particular Jason. As far as counselor yea the machete to demask, and either or ax or machete to kill.

10 minutes ago, I_THE_MAN_I said:

I always watch tha map, if I dont stop the Tommy call, after the second kill I'm looking for Tommy, while he is separated from the pack, and run him down with extreme prejudice, when I'm Mr J.

That might be possible on the small maps, but even then, it still means you've got to take your eyes off what the other counselors are doing at least temporarily. Get a bunch of Debbie's or AJ's in your lobby and that lapse of oversight might cost you a car full of counselors.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

That might be possible on the small maps, but even then, it still means you've got to take your eyes off what the other counselors are doing at least temporarily. Get a bunch of Debbie's or AJ's in your lobby and that lapse of oversight might cost you a car full of counselors.

Very true as a good group will call out shift and morph uses, with a group like that of course its situational, very smart to look at whom, your going against pre game, as well as counselor setup, and map to best know if an objective or trap, knife, or shift Jason to use. Maining pt 6 I tend to look at those things as well as if the map has a two car or a car and a boat possibility. His morph is trash so if it's a objective heavy lobby I'll pick perhaps an objective J like pt2, but the fact pt6 walks really never hindered me, most of the time, that shift and grab mastery is a death sentence to counselors whom underestimate him. But yea I agree its is something to always bear in mind when going into the match. 

Chaps ain't bad in the right hands either, running interference, or getting objectives done, he isn't a fighter but with practice he can hold his own providing he has backup, or close to a house to keep space between him and Jason, med perk is a must as well as thick skin running Mr Chappa.

3 hours ago, I_THE_MAN_I said:

and the pig sticker, the widest hit box arc

Shears and fire axe actually. And more range as well.

• Like 1

i love this game . More kills! more outfits! more weapons!! questions ive had on my mind.. why is there a fake ass jason in game? and he is able to use jason abilitys when he is human?? . wtf are you thinking.? and another thing ..before I even knew how to kill jason. I tried to find ways to drownd him or burn him or hang him in the barn for the kill shot. I was so upset finding out there is only one way jason dies. btw love the game ..part 2 game should be called Friday the 13th the next chapter. btw im level  154 and still no Savanni Jason. I own slasher disk Ps4 and digital Xbox One . And When did reverse into jason smash up my car.?? But...Jason can't stop the car unless the car backs into jason. ??? why? maybe a glitch.? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkKingOfKings said:

i love this game . More kills! more outfits! more weapons!! questions ive had on my mind.. why is there a fake ass jason in game? and he is able to use jason abilitys when he is human?? . wtf are you thinking.? and another thing ..before I even knew how to kill jason. I tried to find ways to drownd him or burn him or hang him in the barn for the kill shot. I was so upset finding out there is only one way jason dies. btw love the game ..part 2 game should be called Friday the 13th the next chapter. btw im level  154 and still no Savanni Jason. I own slasher disk Ps4 and digital Xbox One . And When did reverse into jason smash up my car.?? But...Jason can't stop the car unless the car backs into jason. ??? why? maybe a glitch.? 

How the hell can you be level 150 (150 is max btw. There is no 154...) and not know anything about the game?

3 hours ago, TheDarkKingOfKings said:

why is there a fake ass jason in game?

Because this game wants to be as true to the movies as possible and one movie has a fake Jason.

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

e is able to use jason abilitys when he is human??

He is not Human. He is a character in a movie franchise.  A movie franchise that makes no attempt at being realistic.

wtf are you thinking.?

Devs were trying their best to be as accurate to the movies as possible and still make a great game.

im level  154 and still no Savanni Jason.

No such thing as level 154.  Savini Jason is not unlocked by your level.  You either got him from being a backer of the game or you got him from someone else's account.

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

nd When did reverse into jason smash up my car.?? But...Jason can't stop the car unless the car backs into jason. ??? why? maybe a glitch.? 

Jason smashing cars has been in a game for years.  Jason can stop the car from the front or the back.  If the front or back of the car hits Jason it will stall out.  If Jason hit the front or back of the car it will also stall out.  If you stop the car Jason can pull you out.  If the car is in motion he cannot pull you out.

I've been killed as Jason 2x and killed Jason many times. I understand why people enjoy it and It's not my hill to die on, but i do think the game would be more enjoyable if you could not kill Jason. But I also enjoyed the game the most when Jason had the crazy shift grabs as well. I definitely prefered that over unstunable rage Jason.

The Machete should be able to be used by Tommy during a Jason stun with sweater.

At one time the machete was a stun weapon by its self.

23 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

The Machete should be able to be used by Tommy during a Jason stun with sweater.

The Machete CAN stun Jason.  It just has a lower chance than the Axe. 

If you really want a better chance of stunning Jason and dropping him to his knees then use a Bat or Fry Pan using one of these 3 methods:

- Have a 3rd counselor hit him with the bat.

- Have Tommy hit him with a bat then pick up the axe/machete to kill him (there is plenty of time for Tommy to do this)

- Have the Sweater Girl drop the bat, use the sweater, then pick up the Bat and hit Jason.

All these things make killing Jason pretty easy.  The tools are there to kill him.  You just need to use them.  If you can't the problem is you, not the game.

5 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

He is not Human. He is a character in a movie franchise.  A movie franchise that makes no attempt at being realistic.

That wasn't my quote sport....

5 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

Jason smashing cars has been in a game for years.  Jason can stop the car from the front or the back.  If the front or back of the car hits Jason it will stall out.  If Jason hit the front or back of the car it will also stall out.  If you stop the car Jason can pull you out.  If the car is in motion he cannot pull you out.

Also not my quote. But thanks for explaining how the hit boxes on the car work...

On 10/14/2020 at 10:35 AM, Somethin Cool said:

How the hell can you be level 150 (150 is max btw. There is no 154...) and not know anything about the game?

Before I entered this forum, my knowledge was 100% empirical (I entered in Feb 2020, I play since 2017). Things related to this game are usually in English. Non-english speakers don't bother that much to read them.

17 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Also not my quote. But thanks for explaining how the hit boxes on the car work...

Not sure what happened there as I was obviously quoting TheDarkKing, not you.  I must have quoted your response to him by mistake.

Maybe take 20% off your snarky, sarcastic replies there, bud.

• Like 1