Strigoi

Jason kill reworked is not good enough.Jason kill must be Removed with NO Possibility of counselors HUNTING Jason.

My previous thread titled the difficulty of the Jason kill was locked by MATTSHOTCHA.

People became angry when they found out that the Jason kill is going to be REWORKED.

Ive come to the conclusion that forum members HATE playing Jason because of the possibility of being killed by counselors.

The Majority of forum members are not satisfied with mattshotcha dropping hints that the Jason kill will be reworked because forum members want the kill totally REMOVED FROM THE GAME.

Some people want Jason to Be an Unrealistic Army Tank that Just mowes everyone down.

But The Game Must Have Structure and Relate to The Movies stories where Jason does DIE.

Truth be Told as long as there is a Jason Kill Jason will be Hunted by counselors.

Structure and Balance means that there must be a way to gather with other counselors to kill Jason.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

You realize that this thread will be closed too right?

ps I love playing as Jason against good and bad players!!

I don’t Fear being killed in the game from either side of game play.

I will agree with others however that it really is easy to kill Jason especially de masking him.

3 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

You realize that this thread will be closed too right?

ps I love playing as Jason against good and bad players!!

I don’t Fear being killed in the game from either side of game play.

I will agree with others however that it really is easy to kill Jason especially de masking him.

Explain why this thread will be closed.

this thread does not violate any rules.

8 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Explain why this thread will be closed.

this thread does not violate any rules.

It is entirely based on speculation as usual with your topics!!!!!

you make assumptions and blow them completely out of proportion.

I am 100% certain that not one member in your last thread asked for the Kill to be removed.......yet you post like you know what the majority of the forum members want....what a joke.

I never got a chance to comment in the last thread though I do love that fact of Matt called you and dontzzz for being babies, you guys dont speak for everyone ask much as you think you do

25 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

I never got a chance to comment in the last thread though I do love that fact of Matt called you and dontzzz for being babies, you guys dont speak for everyone ask much as you think you do

Who is this post directed too? 

If it is to me you might want to re-read that closed topic thread and this time take your time reading and comprehend it As Matt didn’t call me anything.

I didn’t get to share my thoughts on Matt’s posts before it was closed either.

That last thread did get out of hand.....

there are bigger problems in this world going on right now and getting bent out of shape about what Gun Media is going to do about the game is not one of them.

The fact that they are still working on the game right now during all this craziness is great news to me and the fact that they have continued to gather information and are working on a solution to what many members feel is a problem is also good news as well.

I am very excited About what the team is working on and can’t wait to hear more.

• Like 3

Honestly, after reading through the difficulty of the Jason kill post, all I care about is the devs making the game better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

Ive come to the conclusion that forum members HATE playing Jason because of the possibility of being killed by counselors.

Conclusion of what exactly, after reading your own double posts?

20 hours ago, Strigoi said:

My previous thread titled the difficulty of the Jason kill was locked by MATTSHOTCHA.

People became angry when they found out that the Jason kill is going to be REWORKED.

The Majority of forum members are not satisfied with mattshotcha dropping hints that the Jason kill will be reworked because forum members want the kill totally REMOVED FROM THE GAME.

Some people want Jason to Be an Unrealistic Army Tank that Just mowes everyone down.

But The Game Must Have Structure and Relate to The Movies stories where Jason does DIE.

Truth be Told as long as there is a Jason Kill Jason will be Hunted by counselors.

Structure and Balance means that there must be a way to gather with other counselors to kill Jason.

I love being Jason. If I get killed, so what? It's just a game. You're threads keep getting locked because you keep acting like a ************. You make vague, unfounded accusations about the game and it's developers because you live in a sad little fantasy world of your own making where anybody who had anything whatsoever to do with making this game has an imaginary hate-boner against counselors and pulls every dirty trick in the book to ensure that Jason always wins. You flood the forum with whiny bullshit posts alleging everything from less machetes, to less windows, to imaginary buffs for Jason, to edged weapons being sabotaged to break quickly. You provide absolutely nothing even remotely resembling "evidence" and when people ask you to, all they get is more of your bullshit.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Explain why this thread will be closed

Because it’s another pointless thread that is based on your opinions and not facts? 

15 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

should the Jason kill be removed totally.

No it shouldn’t. 
I am sure most will agree with me here.....

It does need to be tweaked as to not be the easiest win condition for counselors however.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Forum admin staff will lock topics for logical reasons, even if you don't understand. Every member here may or may not agree with decisions made, but the majority will respect the call.

Some people will be upset, while others won't. I for one will be pleased if a rework makes Jason better overall. Jason is the star of the show, and should be well represented in his own game.

ISome forum members may dread a rework. Others will rejoice. All I will say that it is about time the issue is being given some proper attention. It is my hope it is done right, and done keeping all players in mind.

I think you may be incorrect about that statement. This looks like a job for a poll...

Anyone watching a movie would feel the slasher should be taking victims down left and right. As far as this game goes, while Jason shouldn't be handed perfect wins every match, with a bit of effort, skill and the right circumstances, he could potentially clear the lobby every round. At the same time, counselors could survive round after round, provided they have skill, and a good understanding of the game. Nothing should be 100% with wins and losses, unless you don't put in effort.

The game has structure, but there are dynamics that could use a tweak here and there. Jason can be killed, but the ease and frequency should not be as they currently are. If the kill is made a bit harder, people will still try, and eventually kill him.

This is true. Gamers will try to defeat Jason, and it is one victory condition in the game.

This will be true for all time. The issue will be how many people are needed to perform the kill. The more skilled the players are, the fewer players that are required. The skill and experience of the Jason player must also be considered.

@Dunken, I am on the same page as you.

@OCT 31 1978 and @HaHaTrumpWon, I also enjoy the Jason role as well. Win or lose, it is fun to take down careless and cocky counselors.

• Like 3

It sounds as if it will be harder to get Jasons mask offin the next update.

Im just assuming this because Mattshotcha gave us a hint of it being more difficult to kill Jason.

But i think there should be more weapons added to each map.

Pure speculation, I'll believe it when I see official patch notes. I agree it needs to be MUCH harder for the kill not removed entirely.

10 hours ago, Strigoi said:

should the Jason kill be removed totally.

No, absolutely not!

I always loved and still love playing as Jason, since day1 (for 2,5 years now) my preferences are set on playing Jason. Getting killed by Counselors is part of the game (actually of the Movies, what makes it even more realistic).  If I am defeated as Jason, so what, I have to improve my skills and try harder next time.

The only changes most of us are asking for: killing Jason is too easy, make it more difficult.

Possible changes for a start:

• „meat shield“ should come back, easiest way to power up Jason 

• mask should be harder to take down

With those 2 changes, I bet that the balance would go into the right direction.

• Like 1

@Strigoi I am somewhat confused by this thread.

-in numerous posts you said it was too HARD to kill Jason.

- the majority of the replies to your posts were of the opposite opinion (too EASY to kill Jason)

-now you want the ability to kill Jason REMOVED altogether.

This whole post reeks of "If I can't kill Jason then nobody should be able to kill Jason".  

1 hour ago, Laotian Lam said:

@Strigoi I am somewhat confused by this thread.

-in numerous posts you said it was too HARD to kill Jason.

- the majority of the replies to your posts were of the opposite opinion (too EASY to kill Jason)

-now you want the ability to kill Jason REMOVED altogether.

This whole post reeks of "If I can't kill Jason then nobody should be able to kill Jason".  

I think you'll find that the thread title was sarcasm.

As to removing the kill entirely, no... they SHOULD NOT completely remove the ability to kill Jason, and I don't think you'll find anyone on here that disagrees. There should always be the option to kill Jason, but if you think he is (currently) too hard to kill, you're either fucked in the head, or you're the absolute worst player this game has ever had. Let me break down the strategy used when I kill Jason with friends, you tell me what part of it you consider "difficult"

There's usually three of us. One is the designated sweater-girl, while the other two (me and the 3rd friend) are tasked with getting Jason's mask off and dying in the process. As long as we're the first two kills, one of us is guaranteed to come back as Tommy. As soon as the round starts, we loot a couple of nearby cabins looking for machetes, axes, and PK's (if you're wondering why someone intending to get killed needs a PK, it's either A: To give to designated SG, or B: in case you get grabbed before having the chance to inflict any damage). Then we beeline it right for Jason. If he's a slasher, we go shot-for-shot with him. If he's grab-happy, one of us gets grabbed on purpose so the other can get a free hit in. While this is going on, SG is running back and forth to the shack dropping spare weapons, med sprays, etc... and is keeping a very close eye on the scoreboard. As soon as both of us are dead, she jumps in a hiding place and opens her map so she can see where Tommy spawns in. They meet in the middle and go to the shack together. By now, 90% of the time Jason's mask is already off, so all we have to do is grab the sweater and wait for Jason to come to the shack. If he doesn't, we simply go look for him.

You want to know the hardest part about killing Jason? Finding him.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

They should just leave it like it is currently but maybe just make it harder to take the mask off. Reworking the kill means potentially reworking core mechanics of the game which will no doubt result in more crippling bugs that will take forever to be fixed.

I say don't remove it but tweaks would suffice. Maybe more health and shorten time between throwing knives, and improve Jason's combat control mechanics. If you give the Jason player the tools to defend themselves rather than simply making Jason inherently OP then it wouldn't feel cheap because you'd know the Jason player was responsible for his win rather than the game holding their hand through the match.

If you remove the ability to kill Jason, you will ruin one major aspect of the entire franchise. I can't speak for others, but I love the F13 movies and other horror genres because I want to see the characters I root for survive and defeat Jason, such as Pam in Part 5 or Chris in part 3. It should be made harder to defeat Jason, because that would make the achievement that much sweeter. Like I said before, I love this game and the details in it. I look forward to greater challenges. Cheers and game on, my friends 

We're not, ever, removing the kill completely. 

Another key point I made was that we would like to err on the side of caution rather than make drastic crazy changes at this time.

The team has been investigating and working on some things that I truly think will straddle the line between the two opinions on the Jason Kill.

Until we have it set in stone, this is all the info I can share at this time.

OH, and I'm not going to lock this thread just yet. People stated their opinions and that's good. But let's keep it civil and realistic.

And @Strigoi please take a moment before posting threads like this. They have an incendiary effect when people see you trying to speak for them. And often the point of the thread is lost from there out. Too much speculation and too much speaking for others. I don't want to give out points here, but this is becoming a problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

We're not, ever, removing the kill completely. 

Another key point I made was that we would like to err on the side of caution rather than make drastic crazy changes at this time.

The team has been investigating and working on some things that I truly think will straddle the line between the two opinions on the Jason kill.

Thanks for the clarification Matt!

can’t wait to see what the team has come up with...... I agree That making a drastic change doesn’t make sense at the current stage of the games life.

Always appreciate the feedback!!

• Like 1