2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

If we’re talking about logic, how can counselors jump out of a two story house and run off just fine?

That magical can of medical spray

8 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

This is just not true. The demasking hit is a stun and cannot be immediately followed up with another stun. You used to be able to demask and drop Jason with one hit if his hp was low enough but much like the video of killing Jason with his mask on, this was all patched out awhile ago.

I have the video of me doing it: One hit removes the mask, a separate hit drops him to his knees.  Once it uploads, I'll edit this post and embed it.

EDIT: Looks pretty true to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

That magical can of medical spray

And you got the hook up on that?

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I have the video of me doing it: One hit removes the mask, a separate hit drops him to his knees.  Once it uploads, I'll edit this post and embed it.

EDIT: Looks pretty true to me.

Ok

Now do that today. Like I said a lot of sweater stun glitches have been patched out. I used to sweater stun him, drop him to his knees with a shotgun, and get the kill. Or drop him on his back, sweater stun him, pull him back to his knees with a heavy hit from an axe, and get the kill. But you can't do that anymore either.

Btw how'd it work for that J meeting you at the shack?

3 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Ok

Now do that today. Like I said a lot of sweater stun glitches have been patched out. I used to sweater stun him, drop him to his knees with a shotgun, and get the kill. Or drop him on his back, sweater stun him, pull him back to his knees with a heavy hit from an axe, and get the kill. But you can't do that anymore either.

Btw how'd it work for that J meeting you at the shack?

I have no idea, though my own theory about it is that Jason's HP needs to be on the very threshold of losing his mask.  I thought we were screwed when SG used the sweater too soon, but Jason had already been shot twice and taken a lot of damage, so fuck it, might as well go for it anyway.

28 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I have no idea, though my own theory about it is that Jason's HP needs to be on the very threshold of losing his mask.  I thought we were screwed when SG used the sweater too soon, but Jason had already been shot twice and taken a lot of damage, so fuck it, might as well go for it anyway.

Thought your name was familiar, just escaped with you a 2 seater on Higgins Haven. GGs.

15 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

You should never trap your shack. This is the single biggest waste of a trap that you can possibly have.

I'm going to put this as clearly as possible: Leaving the shack unsecured means a counselor can run in, hijack your shit, and take off immediately with nothing to slow them down. A well-placed trap will have to be negotiated with before the shack can even be entered. Assuming that it is placed correctly and cannot be side=stepped, the counselor is going to have to either step in it and lose a med spray, or silently disarm it and lose a PK. Anything you can do to force counselors to use supplies is a good move  Because there is no way for a counselor to know whether Jason's abilities are offline (yes, in some cases counselors have timed entering the shack to coincide with Jason's Morph, but most random QP counselors aren't going to do that), trapping the shack creates the very-real risk that Jason will teleport right to them before they're even out of it. Yes, they can simply spray themselves or have someone do it for them but, again, anything you can do to force them to use up supplies is good.

What about if someone has your mask? In such situations, no, Jason will not get the alert that somebodys in the shack. Stepping in a trap, however, will get Jason's attention and he can see whether the shack-trap has been triggered. If the counselor disarms it silently with a PK, Jason will still be able to see the traps been triggered. Even if the trap is disarmed, Jason never gets any sort of alert, and doesn't notice it on the map, at the very least the trap has cost somebody a PK.

What about if the shacks on the island? Couldn't counselors just hole-up on the island and wait for Jason? Doesn't this mean that Jason has to either confront them and risk dying, or stay away and let them win by default? Sometimes, yes, that's pretty much what that means, but in some cases, Jason could hear the trap go off and Stalk-Morph to the lake. Unless Tommy Jarvis is already on the island, either he's going to have to swim to her, or she's going to have to swim back to the mainland.

Lastly, even if the trap does little to slow down or deter counselors (be it tanked, disarmed. etc...), at the very least it serves as a warning that the counselors in that round might attempt to kill you.

On the bright side, I had a Jason-round once where the lobby had four Vanessas that were trying to kill every single Jason they could (doing a good job of it too). When my round started, I dumped 4 of my traps in the entrance to the shack and held onto the last one. I went and killed literally the only repair counselor they had, while their designated Tommy suicided (this was pre-patch). When Tommy respawned I went back to the shack, turned on Stalk, and waited. a couple of minutes later Tommy and their wanna-be sweater-girl came to the shack and they spent a couple of minutes trying to figure out what they were going to do. Finally, Tommy decides to just tank the two in the center, which was what I was hoping for. The moment he stepped in it, I Shifted out of the shack, pulled a 180, and grabbed him from behind. I get stabbed by his PK and drop him right into the second center-trap. Instant dead-Tommy  ^_^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

You should never trap your shack. This is the single biggest waste of a trap that you can possibly have.

As said, I have a different opinion.

In the end, it’s a free world and I am fine when you do otherwise,  just give me a call when you are playing as Jason and I will be happy to snatch my free sweater 😉

9 hours ago, Methodicalize said:

Thought your name was familiar, just escaped with you a 2 seater on Higgins Haven. GGs.

GG man. Sorry you got away, but it was either chase the car or go over and stop whoever was trying to fix the phone. Nice playing with you though.

10 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

What about if someone has your mask?

First they have to get my mask. Then they have to call Tommy. In my last 10 matches as Jason, Tommy only got called once. Also I only lost my mask once. Those two things did not happen in the same match. Kill squads might be hard to wipe out if they're out in the open buying time for Jarvis but if they're frantically trying to get the box fixed they're pretty easy to take care of.

4 hours ago, Wolledc said:

As said, I have a different opinion.

In the end, it’s a free world and I am fine when you do otherwise,  just give me a call when you are playing as Jason and I will be happy to snatch my free sweater 😉

You're welcome to grab it. Doubt you'll get to use it though. 😉

4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

First they have to get my mask. Then they have to call Tommy. In my last 10 matches as Jason, Tommy only got called once. Also I only lost my mask once. Those two things did not happen in the same match. Kill squads might be hard to wipe out if they're out in the open buying time for Jarvis but if they're frantically trying to get the box fixed they're pretty easy to take care of.

1- Two Vanessa's with shotguns and a repair counselor come over to the Radio-cabin generator.

2- The Vanessa's tank the trap(s) and heal up immediately. 

3- Repair counselor repairs generator and runs to radio cabin. 

4- If/When Jason shows up, Vanessa #1 uses shotgun. When Jason gets up, Vanessa #2 uses shotgun.

5- Tommy gets called....period. And with the kind of damage shotguns do, that mask most likely won't be far from breaking.

29 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

1- Two Vanessa's with shotguns and a repair counselor come over to the Radio-cabin generator.

4- If/When Jason shows up, Vanessa #1 uses shotgun. When Jason gets up, Vanessa #2 uses shotgun.

5- Tommy gets called....period. And with the kind of damage shotguns do, that mask most likely won't be far from breaking.

Best thing to do is break the doors beforehand and shift inside after the caller :)

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Break the door to the radio 😉

If they're all body blocking the box go for the radio itself. Tommy doesn't get called if you're smart enough to defend it. If you miss the box they'll come for the mask. Usually grouped up because the fastest way to get the mask is to gangbang. Slash them. Do not grab. Slash to limp. Not to kill. Burn up all their resources early. They grow weaker as you grow stronger. Then when they're out of resources start picking them off.

EZ

On 4/9/2020 at 11:56 PM, SheriffGarris1986 said:

well man, that falls on you as Jason... not trying to sound like a dick, so don't take it as that.. but rule Numero Uno as Jason, is trap all the objectives first.. when i'm Jason, first thing i always do when i spawn into the match is trap #1. Phone Box #2. The Cars ... then, start hunting counselors down - if you can knock out the power to Tommy's Cabin before they call him, then do that and trap that box as well... you may not be able to prevent all objectives from being completed, but you can by yourself time..

Eh, maybe I didn't explained my self, every time I start as Jason, step 1 grab the 2 knifes in the cabin (I always use those), then go to the entrance of the shack and place at least 1 trap (meet too many kill squads lately, fortunately I've just been killed once), then I go for the phone box, and in the mean time (because morph won't be available in a few moments) break stuff on that cabin (all this takes about 3 min tops), and then go for the cars and last for the generators

BUT I've been in at least 4 different matches where they got at least 1 vehicle up and running when I'm still in the part of the phone box (first 3-4 min of the match)

13 - Why can't you pick / put the mask back on when playing as Jason?

14 - Why can't you wear the mask as Tommy?

15 - Why can't Jason player re deploy traps like counselors with bear traps do?

1 hour ago, VLK said:

BUT I've been in at least 4 different matches where they got at least 1 vehicle up and running when I'm still in the part of the phone box (first 3-4 min of the match)

13 - Why can't you pick / put the mask back on when playing as Jason?

14 - Why can't you wear the mask as Tommy?

15 - Why can't Jason player re deploy traps like counselors with bear traps do?

I generally go to the cars before the phone unless it's Pinehurst (calling the cops is by far the easiest way to escape on that map). Increases your chances to max out your traps on each vehicle and that will definitely slow down repairs and sometimes scare people off entirely. A triple trapped car is pretty much impossible for a lone wolf repair counselor regardless of their perks.

13 Did Jason ever put his mask back on after having it knocked off during the Paramount films? He takes it off briefly to scare some punks in Manhattan but that doesn't really count.

14 This should definitely be a thing. Make it the only way team killing is possible. 😁

15 That would radically unbalance the game and probably lead to a lot of tedious trap re-setting for Jasons.