Dunken

I could never take out Thick Skinned from my Counselors

Believe me, you are so fucking fragile without Thick Skinned that I honestly question why you wouldn't run it. If you go up to any top player and ask them "What perks do you run?" they're guaranteed going to tell you they run Thick Skinned. Why? Because it's the best perk in the game with the only ones coming close to challenging it are Nerves of Steel and Medic.

• Like 2

Thick skin has been glitchy for me since the most recent update.  I run the same perks as I used to, but now every once in a while, without taking any damage, I'll get injured after 2 knives when it used to take 3.  It's so common now that I almost don't feel like equipping thick skin since it isn't working.  :angry:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gmintz09 said:

Thick skin has been glitchy for me since the most recent update.  I run the same perks as I used to, but now every once in a while, without taking any damage, I'll get injured after 2 knives when it used to take 3.  It's so common now that I almost don't feel like equipping thick skin since it isn't working.  :angry:

Sorry to hear that ☹️. Hopefully the devs can fix that error on your end cuz mines is working fine.

I agree, thick skin is a must have perk. Back when I first started playing, I didn’t have the perk  on every counselor, just the few I’d play more often, so one time I got the random counselor glitch and my character got injured from one knife and a broken window. Now I don’t use broken windows anymore unless it’s absolutely necessary (which is rare), but either way,  I agree, without thick skin  you get crippled so fast. It’s almost impossible to survive that way if you’re going up  against a jason with weapon strength or a Jason who is good with throwing knives. You’d run out of health sprays pretty quickly, even with medic on.

• Like 1

Thick Skin is an ideal perk when facing off against an average Jason or greater.

With newer players coming to the party as Jason, I'll remove it and try other perks in place of it, to both challenge myself, and to give a rookie player a fair shot at a kill. I won't, however, just give a pity kill.

If I suspect teaming may be happening, I'll keep Thick Skin on.

• Like 2

I haven't ran thick skin in over 2 years. 

Unnecessary perk with my playstyle. 

• Like 2

Pretty much everyone runs thick skinned. I was Jason earlier and one of the counselors, a Tiffany, was rolling w/ thick skin and medic. 

She had to have three med-sprays cause was running around spraying everyone the whole game. 

On 3/30/2020 at 3:24 PM, SirMang said:

I haven't ran thick skin in over 2 years. 

Unnecessary perk with my playstyle. 

Yep, wasted slot when you use AJ properly.

1 hour ago, MortenMagnePal said:

I sold back my thick skin perk by mistake the other day 😭

They should really allow you to lock perks so they don't get accidentally sold. Seems like it should be very simple to implement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's extremely helpful. But not required by any means. I used to actually favor Medic over Thick Skin for the added versatility. 

On 3/29/2020 at 8:00 PM, Dunken said:

Believe me, you are so fucking fragile without Thick Skinned that I honestly question why you wouldn't run it. If you go up to any top player and ask them "What perks do you run?" they're guaranteed going to tell you they run Thick Skinned. Why? Because it's the best perk in the game with the only ones coming close to challenging it are Nerves of Steel and Medic.

Agreed. But nerves of steel and medic don't challenge 17-20% thick skin. They compliment it. As does swift attack and hypochondriac.In fact, those are currently the only perks worth running. There's a few other situational perks that are ok, but thick skin is a must. I'd say thick skin and medic are a must in most situations. The third perk slot could probably be used for whatever you want as long as you're running those two.