Jump to content
Strigoi

The Difficulties of the Jason kill.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, mattshotcha said:

That's extremely unlikely. Matches in Quick Play should all follow a set structure, that is in line with the design of the game. Private Matches are where players can go to toggle different aspects of the game for a more tailored experience.

Also, it's not REQUIRED to kill Jason in order to play. Escape is still, and has always been, the primary method of survival.

What about adding the pitchfork and spear gun to quick play.

will Jason still be able to be killed.

Will the Sweater and Tommy Jason kill be completly removed from the game.

What about each player setting a profile of difficulty setting to search for in quickplay.

so there will be no difficulty settings on quick play.

if the spear gun is added could it be an easier way to kill Jason or be used by Jason to easily kill counselors.

Could there be a mode to fight Jasons mothers head in a cabin to receive special weapons.

Will Jasons mask still be able to be removed with enough damage.

What about making the Jason kill possible with the mask still on.

The pitchfork weapon could be used by counselors and Jason.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they made the Jason kill possible with the mask still on, that’s all you’d see in this game, the whole thing reversed and Jason players running away from Tommy and the sweater girl, but even more often than you see this. I’d probably stop playing this game if that was the case.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

What about adding the pitchfork and spear gun to quick play.

will Jason still be able to be killed.

Will the Sweater and Tommy Jason kill be completly removed from the game.

What about each player setting a profile of difficulty setting to search for in quickplay.

so there will be no difficulty settings on quick play.

if the spear gun is added could it be an easier way to kill Jason or be used by Jason to easily kill counselors.

Could there be a mode to fight Jasons mothers head in a cabin to receive special weapons.

Will Jasons mask still be able to be removed with enough damage.

What about making the Jason kill possible with the mask still on.

The pitchfork weapon could be used by counselors and Jason.

 

52 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

And that's all the info you'll get out of me at this time.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

 

 

Removing the Jason Kill Completely Will Ruin this Game.

The Jason Kill is an Awesome Fun Thrill Challenge.

Why Would you remove it Completely.

Maybe make the Sweater Harder to get by Fighting Pamela Voorhees head.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

Removing the Jason Kill Completely Will Ruin this Game.

The Jason Kill is an Awesome Fun Thrill Challenge.

Why Would you remove it Completely.

Maybe make the Sweater Harder to get by Fighting Pamela Voorhees head.

 

Strigoi, no one said we were removing it completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

 

Also, it's not REQUIRED to kill Jason in order to play. Escape is still, and has always been, the primary method of survival.

That might have been the case back 2 years ago, but I can assure you escape is not the primary method of survival anymore especially among any of us who have played for more than a few months. 

Also especially since you can knife or just morph the car completely out of existence. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

The Jason Kill is an Awesome Fun Thrill Challenge.

How would you know? According to you, it's too hard to kill Jason, so you wouldn't know what it feels like to kill him.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SirMang said:

That might have been the case back 2 years ago, but I can assure you escape is not the primary method of survival anymore especially among any of us who have played for more than a few months. 

Also especially since you can knife or just morph the car completely out of existence. 

Escape includes the cops, but yes, I hear you. Team is working on car issues right now as well.

No matter how you cut it, though, the Jason Kill is not the primary means, by design, of "winning" for the counselors.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Could there be a mode to fight Jasons mothers head in a cabin to receive special weapons.

 

2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Maybe make the Sweater Harder to get by Fighting Pamela Voorhees head.

What kind of strange crazy mode should that actually be?

Pamela‘s head is dead! 

 

A95C0DA9-F970-4560-BDE0-6FB10A16B5B6.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

How would you know? According to you, it's too hard to kill Jason, so you wouldn't know what it feels like to kill him.

You know what are you getting at here.

im at level 150.

i have the roll credits trophy.

ive killed Jason lots of times.

but some of the suggestions and claims that are coming from this forum are outrageous and just lies.

I Play friday the 13th at night and alot of the time most people choose to escape.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wolledc said:

 

What kind of strange crazy mode should that actually be?

Pamela‘s head is dead! 

 

A95C0DA9-F970-4560-BDE0-6FB10A16B5B6.jpeg

Well have you seen the 8 bit NES Version.

Use Your Imagination.

Fighting Pamela Voorhees Floating Head makes complete sense.

Its another way to make it harder to get the Sweater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Escape includes the cops, but yes, I hear you. Team is working on car issues right now as well.

No matter how you cut it, though, the Jason Kill is not the primary means, by design, of "winning" for the counselors.

Your experience with the game and my experience must be completely different then.  

I know the forum is a small subsection of the player base but the majority consensus here also differs from your opinion. 

Among new-ish players to the game, yes, I will agree the main method of winning is escape, but among veterans that's nowhere near true.  

As a veteran of the game killing Jason is far easier than any other method of escape.  Car?  Pointless.  Jason will just destroy it.  Boat?  Pinehurst against Jason, pointless. Against a water speed Jason, pointless.  All 3 of those will just lead to your death or being stuck under/out of the map.  

That leaves 2 real methods of escape.  Boat against a Part II or Iv Jason unless you're on Pinehurst or the cops. 

Organizing people to repair/defend the fuse box while Jason is actively in the vicinity is way more difficult than just killing him.  

I will concede taking the boat out against a part II or IV is the easiest way to "win" however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

At the risk of kicking off a whole other tangent, the team has been investigating claims about it being too easy to kill Jason...

The ... implies a hint has been shared.

This is one of the longest running topics of the forums currently, and while I certainly would like to err on the side of caution, as does the team, we read, reply, evaluate, and pool feedback and investigate accordingly. And that's all the info you'll get out of me at this time.

@Strigoi It's possible to stun Jason without ANY perks at all.

Investing claims of Jason being too easy to kill, but what’re you guys doing about fixing the unbalance of if it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Your experience with the game and my experience must be completely different then.  

I know the forum is a small subsection of the player base but the majority consensus here also differs from your opinion. 

Among new-ish players to the game, yes, I will agree the main method of winning is escape, but among veterans that's nowhere near true.  

As a veteran of the game killing Jason is far easier than any other method of escape.  Car?  Pointless.  Jason will just destroy it.  Boat?  Pinehurst against Jason, pointless. Against a water speed Jason, pointless.  All 3 of those will just lead to your death or being stuck under/out of the map.  

That leaves 2 real methods of escape.  Boat against a Part II or Iv Jason unless you're on Pinehurst or the cops. 

Organizing people to repair/defend the fuse box while Jason is actively in the vicinity is way more difficult than just killing him.  

I will concede taking the boat out against a part II or IV is the easiest way to "win" however. 

Again, guys, you have to at least try and hear my side of this in order for it to be a conversation. Please read what I wrote. I never said easiest. I said "by design" specifically. Because no matter how players are winning right now, the design was always supposed to be that escape was the first priority. 

Some of you have completely stopped reading my replies and just want to run away with a thread over what you THINK I'm saying instead of what I'm actually saying.

9 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Investing claims of Jason being too easy to kill, but what’re you guys doing about fixing the unbalance of if it?

Example number two of the exact same issue in the exact same thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mattshotcha said:

Again, guys, you have to at least try and hear my side of this in order for it to be a conversation. Please read what I wrote. I never said easiest. I said "by design" specifically. Because no matter how players are winning right now, the design was always supposed to be that escape was the first priority. 

Some of you have completely stopped reading my replies and just want to run away with a thread over what you THINK I'm saying instead of what I'm actually saying.

 

So instead of discussing the actual issue you'd rather quibble over semantics?

Awesome.  I'm done here.  This conversation is just as pointless today as it was months ago when @DontZzz34 tried to approach you with it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SirMang said:

So instead of discussing the actual issue you'd rather quibble over semantics?

Awesome.  I'm done here.  This conversation is just as pointless today as it was months ago when @DontZzz34 tried to approach you with it. 

It's not semantics. The two things are very different. Apples vs oranges is not just semantics.

If you find any conversation with me so pointless you can feel free to not reply. No one tagged you in and requested you come to the thread, misread everything I've said, then storm off in a huff because I asked you to actually read my replies. You opted into that. I think if you actually read what I've posted you'll see that nothing has been pointless and I'm doing what I can to fix the situation, in partnership with the team. It's far too early to go into details on the specifics, but we're investigating our options on the topic. 

And escape is still, and will always be, the INTENDED, BY DESIGN, primary win condition for counselors.

You can use a spoon as a back scratcher, that doesn't make it a back scratcher. The reading between the lines of that is that we'll investigate ways to change the game that play into the original DESIGN. Again, not semantics. That's all I can say on it right now.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One last thing and then I'm done.

More semantics.

The design is fucked.  I don't know how more plainly to say it to you.  And your failure to acknowledge that that design is fucked is frustrating because you come across at best as tone deaf or at worst you simply don't care by keeping going back to "blah blah blah words words word by design escape is the priority blah blah blah" 

So since you don't care, neither do I.  Do nothing to fix it.  We can watch people laugh and gank all over impotent Jason and get more asinine threads from the OP complaining about nothing with no substance.

*puts fingers in ears* lalalalalalalala

 

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Example number two of the exact same issue in the exact same thread.

So, basically you guys at GUN are still going to ignore the fact a legendary horror icon gets killed too easily and nothing is going to change. Got it. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now you're both acting like children. If you would have read what I was saying, you'd know we're looking into it and that there is most likely a change coming.

For as much as you lot attack Mr. Strigoi, at least he picked up that changes were coming. He might have assumed too much about those changes, but at least he read the posts.

I'm closing the thread, as we're way off topic. Forget the hints, just wait for the patch notes I guess. This is, apparently, what I get for trying to give a peek behind the curtain as to what is in the works at Gun.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...