Strigoi

The Difficulties of the Jason kill.

The devs have made Jason harder to kill by having to have perks that allow your counselor to carry over perks to tommy jarvis to be able to stun Jason.

Jason players have a ton of defense mechanics to use.

My guess is that new players at a lower level try to play as Jason and expect Jason to not be killed.

When i play the game i notice that lower level players just fix things like cars,phone box.

Its only lobbies that have higher leveled players that understand how to use the Jason kill.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

Once again, a nonsense post that omits any facts or data. Please do research and tests, and provide the results with your claims. A thread like this can't be taken seriously otherwise. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Agree if you are having difficulty killing Jason I don't know what to tell you. I'm not that good at counselor because frankly I don't like playing counselor but I've killed him strictly by coincidence one time not even trying to. If I can do it like that it is far too easy. It's not even the main objective of the game just OPTIONAL. I don't think they ever intended this game to be  Safari Hunt Jason but unfortunately it is pretty much that now.

Killing Jason is pretty is easy if you can get counselors to work together. I killed him earlier today. 
That being said, 9/10 counselors will run around aimlessly without accomplishing a single objective. So that makes it tough. 

If you still think it’s hard killing Jason you aren’t a good player whatsoever. Once mask is off. It’s a matter of pressing a few buttons. It’s stupid and boring as fuck. The devs should do something about it, as it’s unbalanced and the J kill favors counselors not Jason. Huge disrespect to a horror icon making him that easy to kill, good job gun :)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

If tough defines me almost every match as Jason trying to hit the Tommy box AND trap it after trapping my shack before I leave it before even touching any objectives, then that makes no sense. By now, most people who are familiar with this game always try to make sure the counselors won’t get the Jason kill because once they get the sweater, once they get Jarvis, and once the mask which, by the way, has way too low HP to it - it’s game over for Jason unless the counselors decide to split up or if they make some mistake. Now that’s something nobody ever thought would happen with this game. Nobody is afraid of Jason anymore, which is why so many people solely play matches just to kill Jason. If all doesn’t work out, they rage quit.

The Jason kill isn’t even anything near difficult unless you have a bunch of newbie players who don’t know what they’re doing. Even then, there have been a lot of new players who were playing as Tommy and I’ve seen them successfully knock Jason down to his knees and do exactly the right thing after that, executing the kill. It isn’t just the experienced, high level players that can pull off the Jason kill. The Jason kill is the easiest way of winning in this game, easier than getting the cops called. Even if it’s a good Jason it’s very hard to get rid of Tommy and the little “squad” once they have everything going. Throw knives from far away? They’ll spray with the six sprays they have because of the medic perk. Grab one of them? That’s your death trap.They’ll have two pocket knives and then spam the button to use the sweater. Jason is severely under powered.

I’m not sure what you’re doing wrong and how you’re playing that makes you think Jason is so OP in so many different ways, especially with all the other posts you’ve made. Of course everybody is entitled to their own opinion but with this game, there is barely any opinion involved. It’s a fact that Jason isn’t as strong as he should be. It’s at the point where I have to ask if this game is based off of the movie franchise of the same name where Jason was a badass. 

• Like 2

Well you have to have the right perks to stun Jason as Tommy Jarvis.

Sucker punch perk.

23 minutes ago, FridayThe31st said:

If tough defines me almost every match as Jason trying to hit the Tommy box AND trap it after trapping my shack before I leave it before even touching any objectives, then that makes no sense. By now, most people who are familiar with this game always try to make sure the counselors won’t get the Jason kill because once they get the sweater, once they get Jarvis, and once the mask which, by the way, has way too low HP to it - it’s game over for Jason unless the counselors decide to split up or if they make some mistake. Now that’s something nobody ever thought would happen with this game. Nobody is afraid of Jason anymore, which is why so many people solely play matches just to kill Jason. If all doesn’t work out, they rage quit.

The Jason kill isn’t even anything near difficult unless you have a bunch of newbie players who don’t know what they’re doing. Even then, there have been a lot of new players who were playing as Tommy and I’ve seen them successfully knock Jason down to his knees and do exactly the right thing after that, executing the kill. It isn’t just the experienced, high level players that can pull off the Jason kill. The Jason kill is the easiest way of winning in this game, easier than getting the cops called. Even if it’s a good Jason it’s very hard to get rid of Tommy and the little “squad” once they have everything going. Throw knives from far away? They’ll spray with the six sprays they have because of the medic perk. Grab one of them? They’ll have two pocket knives. Jason is severely under powered.

I’m not sure what you’re doing wrong and how you’re playing that makes you think Jason is so OP in so many different ways, especially with all the other posts you’ve made. Of course everybody is entitled to their own opinion but with this game, there is barely any opinion involved. It’s a fact that Jason isn’t as strong as he should be. It’s at the point where I have to ask if this game is based off of the movie franchise of the same name where Jason was a badass. 

Agreed 10000% counselors do not fear Jason at all. I think this could be fixed if this happened..... Nerf counselors combat, buff Jason’s combat, nerf Jason’s sense only slightly, buff counselors stealth, give infinity stalk, make running Jason’s faster, nerf shift to a way longer cooldown, decrease morph to a shorter cooldown, let jason break furniture, get rid of shitty punishable animations, get rid of his red icon on map, music only plays if you visually see him, etc 

I think with these changes alone Jason would be more scary and the game overall would seem more creepy. Playing as a counselor, now you will never know where jason is unless you visually see him. Counselors would have to play very carefully and would have to be more aware of their surroundings. Jason could jump out at anyone at any moment. Amazing stalk jump scares would become the common thing. With the nerfing of his shift Jason players wouldn’t have to rely on that so much as now they can stalk the entire game. The game gets old when all Jason players do is use their shift ability every time it recharges and counselors running around like idiots to avoid it. Most Jason’s have no care at all for any cool stalk kills. The mindset now is “kill quickly and head punches and choke kills. Gets kind of lame after awhile. I feel like these ideas could turn the game from a trollfest to a true horror game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

Sucker punch perk.

No you don’t. I have never ran the sucker punch perk and have killed Jason an obscene amount of times. No special super secret hard to achieve perks required.
If at this point you still find it too hard to kill Jason, stop trying. 

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

Sucker punch perk.

You don't have to have it, but if you do the axe will stun 100% of the time. 

From my anecdotal experience, without it  is about 1 in every 10 attempts will fail. 

3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Agreed 10000% counselors do not fear Jason at all. I think this could be fixed if this happened..... Nerf counselors combat, buff Jason’s combat, nerf Jason’s sense only slightly, buff counselors stealth, give infinity stalk, make running Jason’s faster, nerf shift to a way longer cooldown, decrease morph to a shorter cooldown, let jason break furniture, get rid of shitty punishable animations, get rid of his red icon on map, music only plays if you visually see him, etc 

I think with these changes alone Jason would be more scary and the game overall would seem more creepy. Playing as a counselor, now you will never know where jason is unless you visually see him. Counselors would have to play very carefully and would have to be more aware of their surroundings. Jason could jump out at anyone at any moment. Amazing stalk jump scares would become the common thing. With the nerfing of his shift Jason players wouldn’t have to rely on that so much as now they can stalk the entire game. The game gets old when all Jason players do is use their shift ability every time it recharges and counselors running around like idiots to avoid it. Most Jason’s have no care at all for any cool stalk kills. The mindset now is “kill quickly and head punches and choke kills. Gets kind of lame after awhile. I feel like these ideas could turn the game from a trollfest to a true horror game 

These ideas sound good for a HARDER DIFFICULTY MODE SETTING.

Killing Jason is NOT difficult at all. If you just play with a couple of your buddies who have a well understanding of how to kill Jason, regardless of your skill level, you can already kill most Jasons. When I play with my buddies, we usually get 10 Jason kills a day. This is on Xbox btw.

26 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

These ideas sound good for a HARDER DIFFICULTY MODE SETTING.

It’d make it more of a scary game based more around stealth along with an actual intimidating Jason who is a freak of nature who doesn’t let a bunch of brats beat him up. Harder difficulty? It could only make it hard for players who aren’t good at being stealthy. I’ve always loved stealth games, so it’s more of a vision I have for a game like this unlike the current state it’s in, there’s absolutely slim to none in stealth in the game right now

In before this topic gets locked.

Many seasoned players agree that Jason is easy to kill. After making it happen 50+ times in a single day, I can see why.

Many players also feel that Jason is hard to kill, given that they haven't made it happen, yet. Their stance may change when they finally participate in the kill a few times.

Some players don't care anymore, as they don't anticipate significant changes to come.

Whatever stance each player has, find some joy in the game while it is still an option.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Strigoi said:

The devs have made Jason harder to kill by having to have perks that allow your counselor to carry over perks to tommy jarvis to be able to stun Jason.

Jason players have a ton of defense mechanics to use.

My guess is that new players at a lower level try to play as Jason and expect Jason to not be killed.

When i play the game i notice that lower level players just fix things like cars,phone box.

Its only lobbies that have higher leveled players that understand how to use the Jason kill.

71a1389c36241bbd665383365c83fb45.jpg

• Haha 2

People who claim that they see Jason being killed almost every match are obviously lying.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

People who claim that they see Jason being killed almost every match are obviously lying.

People who claim killing Jason is extremely difficult/near-impossible are obviously stupid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Obviously never watched Slash and Cast videos, they were and maybe still are killing Jason's almost every match

I am absolutely terrible at killing Jason.  But that being said, it is because I suck, NOT because its "Too hard".  Lol

I think the overall balance of the game is pretty good.  Yes, its a bit too easy to kill Jason but thats ok. Just makes things more interesting/difficult when you are Jason and are being ganged up on.  

I played last night twice as Jason and both times peeps tried to kill me and failed.  It was tough but tough is fun.  Who said life as Jason is easy? Lol

At the risk of kicking off a whole other tangent, the team has been investigating claims about it being too easy to kill Jason...

The ... implies a hint has been shared.

This is one of the longest running topics of the forums currently, and while I certainly would like to err on the side of caution, as does the team, we read, reply, evaluate, and pool feedback and investigate accordingly. And that's all the info you'll get out of me at this time.

@Strigoi It's possible to stun Jason without ANY perks at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

24 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

At the risk of kicking off a whole other tangent, the team has been investigating claims about it being too easy to kill Jason...

The ... implies a hint has been shared.

This is one of the longest running topics of the forums currently, and while I certainly would like to err on the side of caution, as does the team, we read, reply, evaluate, and pool feedback and investigate accordingly. And that's all the info you'll get out of me at this time.

@Strigoi It's possible to stun Jason without ANY perks at all.

What about adding difficulty settings to each map on Quick Play managed by the host of the game map.

Not everyone wants to play at a higher difficutly level with a raging extremly difficult Jason.

While it may be a challenge and fun for some to have an overpowered brute Jason.its not fun for others.

Maybe the difficulty settings could be automatically set by how many higher level players are in a lobby.

can you explain the difficulty settings on each map match being chosen.

3 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

What about adding difficulty settings to each map on Quick Play managed by the host of the game map.

Not everyone wants to play at a higher difficutly level with a raging extremly difficult Jason.

While it may be a challenge and fun for some to have an overpowered brute Jason.its not fun for others.

Maybe the difficulty settings could be automatically set by how many higher level players are in a lobby.

can you explain the difficulty settings on each map match being chosen.

That's extremely unlikely. Matches in Quick Play should all follow a set structure, that is in line with the design of the game. Private Matches are where players can go to toggle different aspects of the game for a more tailored experience.

Also, it's not REQUIRED to kill Jason in order to play. Escape is still, and has always been, the primary method of survival.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1