Sign in to follow this  
TimDuke 01

Predator Hunting Grounds

2 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Anyone played the free trial yet and any opinions or any bugs. I just downloaded it .

Haven’t tried the game yet the last two trailers looked great!!

let us know what you think of the Game!

Well I played the tutorial for Predator. I couldn't see any glaring bugs. Being predator is not random like Jason ,you can specifically be the predator from what I can tell. I tried a quick play but never got in a lobby or what ever it is called in this game.I chalk that up to it's just a trial and just came out. I wasn't  going to wait that long to see.I sat waiting over 2 minutes and nothing but as I say it just released for download last night at 8 p.m eastern time. Graphics are pretty good about the same as F13 maybe a bit better.

• Like 1

I played it. It's enjoyable but matches are just a little on the short side for my liking. Either way I'll list a few Pro's and Con's of the game and make comparisons to F13 where applicable.

Pro's:

• The option to choose to play as either the Predator or the Fireteam (soldiers) is a massive plus point.
  • No problems getting into a match - about 2-3 mins wait on average. Takes a bit longer to get into one as Predator, but that's understandable.
  • The graphics are miles better than F13. The menu screen alone shows just how high quality the character models are. Cut scenes are also a lot more polished than F13's PS3 looking textures; most noticeable in the Single Player Challenges.
  • Gameplay is very smooth when minimal AI are on screen and appreciated more when playing as Predator traversing through the trees.
  • XP system allows you to unlock new classes, weapons and perks as you level up and use the points to unlock loadout gear and player/item skins. Alternatively, you get reward boxes (Field Lockers) after most games, which you can also buy, that drop 3 items containing gear and skins. So you can save on XP points if you get good drops.
  • Duplicate item drops give you points (depending on item rarity) as an automatic exchange.
  • No perk rolling!
  • If you like CoD-style gameplay you'll like this game. Personally I play for Predator as it's much more challenging and less point-and-shooot.

Con's:

• My biggest issue is that matches will average about 6-8 mins and can only last a maximum of 15 mins. The Fireteam are required to complete 3 mundane objectives and "get to tha choppa" to escape. F13 has much better pacing and intensity IMO.
  • If Predator players go in gung-ho and get taken down they have the option to self-destruct before being killed (by shooting his mask off). The game is then over regardless of whether or not the Fireteam escaped the blast radius. This can lead to matches being finished within 5 mins when, in fact, the Fireteam should at least be able to finish their mission.
  • Unlike F13, which has a few ways for counselors to proceed in a match, almost every match in PHG requires you to find computer terminals, documents or cargo and interact with them (hold square). Do this a couple of times and then get to the rendezvous point to end the game. This process gets old very quick. Kind of like DBD - fix gens and exit.
  • The AI enemy is not too smart. Of course they are the tertiary players in the game, but they fail to take any evasive action. They will either just run up to you directly or run around until you kill them. On a rare occasion they will just stand there not doing anything as you run right past them.
  • A squad that sticks together will beat the Predator 99 times out of 100 (in my experience). As several higher level weapons are unable to be unlocked in the trial it's quite hard for Predator to take down a team that are watching each others back. The game can move so fast from area to area that placing traps that work effectively is few and far between. Also, Predator's ranged weapons give away his location almost instantly, leading to a hail of bullets coming your way. Hopefully more game experience/the full game will balance this.
  • Predator has no window of invincibility when performing a "claimed" kill (taking his prey's skull as a trophy). This means you will eat a bunch of bullets without being able to do a thing about it while your in the amination.
  • No offline or single player mode (in the trial/at time of writing). Would be really handy to practice your stealth gameplay and taking the AI down as Predator, as you can as Jason in F13.
  • Bug: T-posing AI advancing on the map until he started shooting. AI stuck in a rock unable to move.
  • Bug: New item indicator remains on items that have been checked. Also shows on items that are locked because the unlocked skins cannot be checked.
  • Thanks 3

The game looks like it can be fun and enjoyable like F13. But I can't play it because I play games on Xbox. But I hope all you PlayStation and PC players enjoy the game.

• Like 1

Thanks @Fair Play 😊

If the short matches are just for the purpose of the trial, and Sony actually incorporate longer gameplay with more diverse objectives and a possible campaign mode in the full release, then I might also consider getting it.

I pre-ordered a physical copy on PS4, so it will be a few days till I can get on. Looking forward to running into some forum members in the jungle. 

Not sure wether PHG will replace RE-Resistance as my main game but even if it doesn’t, having two games with the ability to expand and add new content is amazing. (Not a dig at Gun. their hands are tied, it’s just something that excites me.)

I pre-ordered it going to play a few rounds tonight!!!!

”You are one Ugly Mother Fucker....”

********edit*******

I played a bunch of matches last night and today...I am enjoying it so far....The Predator feels good to control so does the Fire team....

But you need to be very careful during your Hunts As the Predator as he gets  better equipment to help wipe out the fire team that doesn’t come into play until you get into the higher levels 26-40’s

Having a great time with the game, I like that you level your account so both Predator and Fireteam get unlocks as you go.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 11:35 PM, F134Ever86 said:

Who's gonna be buying this game on ps4? I am considering it.

Get it! I bought it yesterday and played it for a couple hours last night. Haven't been brave enough to be Predator in an online match yet, lol, but the Fire Team is awesome. Graphics and controls are great so far. If you select to be on the Fire Team, you'll connect to a match in under a minute.

• Like 1