Mayday

My perks have been deleted by hackers

I made a video of my perks yesterday to have a proof in case they hack me because I have Steam friends who were hacked theirs.

Hackers sell a tool on a site that allows deleting perks with just the steam ID.
I hope you will fix this and give us back our perks?

Tomorrow maybe hackers will ban us on Steam?  😬

We should ask the Russians to create a vaccine against the coronavirus rather than hacking video games, it would certainly work.😁

5 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Yeah time's up. If this is the state of the game, then no thank you.

To be honest, Gun quit caring about this game a long time ago.

• Like 1

@Spyro24 
All games can be hacked. I played Red Dead Redemption2 and I met a lot of hackers stacking jaguars at the butcher to sell them by making them appear mysteriously, or being teleported and killed in loop by idiots. And yet it's "Rockstar"...
The next hack step is my Steam ban with my friends (because they have access to the banissements panel), from what i read. The hacker deleted his post but I had time to read it. I wait, but that will not go unpunished. 😉

I haven't played the game in a few weeks.

This is probably one of the negatives of having double xp be extended. With more people playing, it gives hackers more incentive to fuck around.

With only 300-500 players, far less incentive compared to 3,000 with people game's to ruin.

Sad and pathetic really. 

tyrant666,  It's not for this reason. Hackers remove perks from those who reported them for cheating with hacks. They were banished and take revenge this way.😉

On 3/25/2020 at 8:30 AM, Mayday said:

I made a video of my perks yesterday to have a proof in case they hack me because I have Steam friends who were hacked theirs.

Hackers sell a tool on a site that allows deleting perks with just the steam ID.
I hope you will fix this and give us back our perks?

Tomorrow maybe hackers will ban us on Steam?  😬

We should ask the Russians to create a vaccine against the coronavirus rather than hacking video games, it would certainly work.😁

Reach out to JasonKillsBugs.com and submit a ticket with all the details you have. We're aware of the issue and already working to implement a fix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, martindd45 said:

it happend to me to this guy hacked my game just because i reported him

Is there no way to remain anonymous when reporting players?

4 minutes ago, SilentVob said:

Is there no way to remain anonymous when reporting players?

We keep all reports and ban info anonymous. The only way for someone to know is if the player reporting tells them.

6 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

We keep all reports and ban info anonymous. The only way for someone to know is if the player reporting tells them.

Do you guys actually ban anyone anymore or do you just claim you do? Be honest with me here.

10 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Do you guys actually ban anyone anymore or do you just claim you do? Be honest with me here.

We still ban people. We banned some today, as a matter of fact.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

We still ban people. We banned some today, as a matter of fact

What exactly are the reasons you actually ban a player nowadays: 

• providing video proof of someone who is obviously hacking (like using „Uber Jason“ or manipulating something like deleting other players‘ scores), I would take as a BIG yes

• providing video proof of counselor players who are sliding / morphing or having an unlimited „thick skin“, I would hope so

• providing video proof of trolls / teamers, I would guess nothing happens or we wouldn’t encounter  so many in the lobbies 

just curious here, where exactly is your threshold of acceptance till banning. By telling us this we could also save us all a lot of time, only sending video proof that counts.

mattshotcha I' am playing on another account while waiting because if I buy CPs, they will delete them again. I am patient I will wait like my friends for you to resolve this.

Thanks to the team for this extra work, that proves that you care about the game !

• Like 1

I hate hackers. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their collective rotten crotches. Amen

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Wolledc said:

What exactly are the reasons you actually ban a player nowadays: 

• providing video proof of someone who is obviously hacking (like using „Uber Jason“ or manipulating something like deleting other players‘ scores), I would take as a BIG yes

• providing video proof of counselor players who are sliding / morphing or having an unlimited „thick skin“, I would hope so

• providing video proof of trolls / teamers, I would guess nothing happens or we wouldn’t encounter  so many in the lobbies 

just curious here, where exactly is your threshold of acceptance till banning. By telling us this we could also save us all a lot of time, only sending video proof that counts.

Well, it depends. I've outlined these concepts before, on Reddit specifically. I'll grab that text and can fill in blanks for you where needed.

QUOTE ONE:

"The problem is that anything that is deemed a ban worthy offense needs to be something that can be proven beyond a reasonable shred of doubt. You’re talking about removing a person’s access to an item they paid for, so you need to be able to verify cleanly that they’ve done something wrong.

In the case of teaming, there’s very few cases that can be proved without any doubt or dispute. So it’s not nearly as clean and easy as people might think.

As for the people saying we don’t ban anyone, just ask the folks that message me daily about their bans and wanting them reversed. We certainly do ban people still but we only ban for things we can prove completely, as is the correct process when removing someone’s access to a product they’ve paid for."

QUOTE TWO:

"So assuming the evidence is completely undeniable, the fact remains that we would need to create a process and a reference to teaming that is clear cut on what is ban worthy and what isn’t. We would need to communicate that to players somewhere completely, so as to not have people not in the know. We would need to have a staggered sanction schedule. So players aren’t banned indefinitely on first offense. On and on. That’s not to say it isn’t worth it, it’s just to highlight how far out we would be from being capable of taking action in a way that is as player friendly as possible. We also need to then manage incoming reports, of which, most are not nearly as conclusive as you’ve detailed. This isn’t an area where I would be comfortable tossing bans around freely, as it is not as clearly identified as something like hacking. And we cannot take action against some without provisions to take action against all. That’s not ideal and not fair to the community, but is also a pitfall of smaller teams. Banning case by case is problematic.

TLDR: this isn’t a simple switch flip. I am working with the team to highlight the issue and explore options, as I’ve noted. But those actions are not going to be a complex sanction system. That’s not practical or realistic at this point. More when I have news.

Edit: There is a lot more to the topic than even what I’ve typed here, but felt like this was enough to make the point. I appreciate the civil discussion and understanding."

Hacking in any way is already extremely clear that it is ban worthy. Repeat offenses will lead to a complete hardware ban.

Teaming is not nearly as easy to ban across the board. 

As far as "exploits" that is super tricky as well. The team needs to follow quite a detailed process for determining something an EXPLOIT, as opposed to a BUG or GLITCH. These words matter, extremely, in the decision on what action to take. That said, traditionally, the team would rather focus our limited resources on fixing a BUG or GLITCH, rather than spend time and resources determining and classifying it as an EXPLOIT, then spending more time and resources handing out complex staged ban lengths depending on offenses, etc. The trap there is that the team loses precious time with punitive action and delays resolving the issue in the first place. 

A lot of folks are quick to say something is an exploit. And in the common use of the term, they are not wrong. But as classified in a community mgmt sense, an exploit is a ban worthy offense, but it has a long road of process to go through to get there.

6 hours ago, Mayday said:

mattshotcha I' am playing on another account while waiting because if I buy CPs, they will delete them again. I am patient I will wait like my friends for you to resolve this.

Thanks to the team for this extra work, that proves that you care about the game !

I really, truly appreciate your patience. We'll be in touch soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/26/2020 at 5:52 PM, mattshotcha said:

Hello, Matt!

I post my records with cheaters (glitchers) both publicly and privately on my YT channel. My friends do the same. These hackers just know Steam IDs all the reporters (my friends/team) and they use them for hacking. And that's the main reason why all the reporters were hacked. Your team has already been sent evidence of how they do dat ;).

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 5:48 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

They ban people a LOT. I report nearly every hacker I run into, and I can confidently say that each one has been banned. People who say that Gun doesn’t care really have no idea what they’re talking about. 

14 minutes ago, cutecharm said:

They ban people a LOT. I report nearly every hacker I run into, and I can confidently say that each one has been banned. People who say that Gun doesn’t care really have no idea what they’re talking about. 

I'm glad to hear it. Maybe the word will spread and some of these assholes will think twice before trying it.

So say you keep seeing people go under the stairs on Pinehurst, that is a bug, glitch, and a exploit but it is a flaw in the map really and a interaction with a trap. You weren't punishing people for roof exploiting due to a interaction with a trap. So you kind of painted yourself in a corner as it is a similar method to accomplish the stairs exploit. So how could you punish a stairs exploiter without coming off as being hypocritical.

On 3/27/2020 at 12:48 AM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Yesterday they (the devs) banned the accounts of the main hackers who hacked us. A day earlier, we sent a large number of reports on those hackers. The hackers just didn't have a chance, bcs we sent irrefutable evidence to Gun Media and the hackers got what they deserved. But some of them have already created one or two new accounts. Thanks to the sale in Steam. %)

• Like 1

I restarted my game today to verify my account and I have no more CP. They deleted me 1.821.941 CP

0183E1ADE50EABCA121BE5A03C1F1CDFE1E537A3

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1