Sign in to follow this  
Mdw22

Any news about playing after official servers shut down?

Is there any information that's new about how we could get our content outside of part 3 and part 5 in offline mode? Let alone information about hosting our own games? without the need for a back-end server? Basically I own this game I paid for it multiple times, will I be able to get a group together once this shuts down entirely? if I wanted, could Lan, or shared connections emulating a Lan connection. Kind of how out dated no longer serviced games work. Private hosting of server, but not including profile data because that would be literally impossible. Is that something that is happening, could care less about unlocks, perks all that. Just will this forever be playable with people that have the game and can connect to each other? I don't see that being addressed. So long as there is a profile back-end I get that it will work, with p2p. but that will go eventually too. What I want to know, is there a way to just unlock all that crap, and let people host their own, and let them choose how the game would play, with  direct connection. host to client. That's all we need, cut out the profile nonsense, and Xp stuff. That's how this will stay alive, it won't otherwise, it'll be dead forever eventually. Is that something that is in the works in the future? 

I haven't seen any information on what the developers mean to keep this alive 10-15 years from now if people wanted to get a group of people to play together. because when the profile stuff goes, the game goes. That's it. 

We've still got time left, though it may not be but a limited amount.

It has been said that something will potentially be done when that time comes.

Offline access to our profile data would be a good start. So would permanent increased XP, especially for the low level players at the very end.

An increase beyond 30 perks to allow players to have 1 of every known perk wouldn't hurt.

And for the love of the game, let's get some other tweaks here and there to leave the game in the best shape in can be in when the sun sets on the development cycle.

• Like 3