Sign in to follow this  
TimDuke 01

Machete can't kill Jason anymore?

Someone on Facebook is claiming you can't use the machete to kill Jason anymore only the axe.He claims it was changed. I say bull crap. It still works.

It still works to kill Jason. It just has a lower stun chance than the axe so you are taking an increased risk of not getting him to kneel if you use the machete.

• Like 2

Yes I think it does still work. I’ve never personally killed Jason with the machete though...and I’ve killed him a ton of times. I always use an axe because I’ve had the times when Jason wouldn’t fall down to his knees (now I have sucker punch so that no longer happens) and with the axe that usually doesn’t happen. With the machete, even with sucker punch, I wouldn’t expect jason to go down to his knees all the time.

I have seen people use the machete to kill him though not as common as the axe. Not too long ago I had the sweater and Tommy  was able to knock him down with the machete and kill him, and it was also his first time killing Jason so it does still work, but might not drop him down to his knees due to the low stun chance. 

I found a recent video of someone doing it and posted it as a reply to him and he called me a troll and deleted his Facebook account.LOL He couldn't handle the truth.

• Haha 3

Last few times I tried using the machete it sucked at knocking Jason to his knees (that was a while ago). Don't see why Gun media would change that. 

At this point I think I am only 1 for 10 in my attempts to kill Jason.  Every attempt has been with an Axe but I dont use the sucker Punch perk.  Only once have i hit him and he went to his knees.  

Is there a certain angle you have to hit him from? Do you have to wait a couple seconds after sweater is used?  I have no idea why I always fail to get him to his knees.

The funny thing is I was able to drop him to his knees with AJ using a machete but not Tommy with an Axe (except for the one time).

51 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

Is there a certain angle you have to hit him from? Do you have to wait a couple seconds after sweater is used?  I have no idea why I always fail to get him to his knees.

Just chalk it up to bad luck. I don't run sucker punch, but I'm able to drop Jason to his knees about 80% of the time with the axe as Tommy. I have killed Jason and dropped him with the machete a few times, but if the intent is to go for the kill, I'm grabbing the axe if possible.

As for having to hit him from a certain angle, or wait a couple seconds seconds after the sweater, I don't think any of that matters. But, I always use heavy attack for the initial stun hit after the sweater is activated.

If you are having trouble killing Jason than you must be noobs that are not getting the timing right, killing Jason is by far the easiest think to do in the game

One time I had someone get onto me for hitting Jason from the front with an ax, which didn't knee him.😕It's more about the fact that weapons only have a chance at stunning than where you hit him from.

13 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

You need a third person for the stun hit to be effective. 

That is what I tried to explain to that person on Facebook but he still stuck to his story until I proved him wrong.