They ruined the game while trying to make everyone happy by nerfing it, its called "Destiny syndrome", you'll only keep the players that tolerate such an abuse, find a workaround /exploit or the ones that really like it

2 hours ago, VLK said:

They ruined the game while trying to make everyone happy by nerfing it, its called "Destiny syndrome", you'll only keep the players that tolerate such an abuse, find a workaround /exploit or the ones that really like it

I personally enjoyed the golden age of gaming. What you got back then, you made the most of, or you moved on to another game.

• Like 2

Yeah I miss my old PSX

{Edit}

I;ve just been on a lobby where everybody quitted when I was playing as Jason, being after The Sequel achievement that kind of lobbies are great to get that in no time, but  for gameplay sake...well not so much

The rage quitters and toxic players do ruin the game in general. I get irritated a lot when I see people quitting within seconds of match starting. It's unbelievable how many people quit when I finally grab them after chasing them down for a good few minutes,  running into traps and jogging around couches and cars. I hate the toxicity,  but I love the Friday the 13th franchise and the atmosphere generated by the game. It's why I keep coming back got more. And I remember when I got my very first Jason kill. It was like beating Halo CE on Legendary for the first time.  Those are the moments I will always remember and cherish.  Cheers and game on, my friends 

• Like 1

In my case I've spoken to some of the early quitters (not rage ones) and most of them are chasing "The Sequel" achievement, so is logic if you don't wanna spend at least 417 days of your time getting and achievement that totally depends on RNG well, then you must look for a workaround, but that is blame on the game designers who put such a stupid requirement not the player.

Had a I'm gonna walk into a bear trap in front of you suicide quitter tonight and another who quit the second I grabbed him. I might just start quitting as Jason if too many players keep doing that. Along with the quit the second the game starts. Annoying when you finally get a go as Jason and you go from a full game to just 5 to kill and then you get quitters just before you kill them. Ruins your go. 

59 minutes ago, Deano78 said:

Had a I'm gonna walk into a bear trap in front of you suicide quitter tonight and another who quit the second I grabbed him. I might just start quitting as Jason if too many players keep doing that. Along with the quit the second the game starts. Annoying when you finally get a go as Jason and you go from a full game to just 5 to kill and then you get quitters just before you kill them. Ruins your go. 

It does suck when that happens.

• Like 1

@Deano78 Dont quit as Jason if people pull that bullshit bear trap stuff. When somebody suicides, there’s only one reason. They feel intimidated by you or they know they’re screwed, so they can either rage quit and look like a bitch or suicide and also look like a bitch. Obviously to them if they’re doing it right in front of your face, theyre trying to get a reaction from you because it’s kind of a trolling thing to try to get you pissed, but either way, they do feel intimated by you. So I take suicide as a compliment when I’m Jason. Unless I was doing something really shitty like teaming or some kind of cheating where suicide would be justified, when a counselor suicide for no reason it means they knew there was no chance for them against you. 

I do agree though 100% - people like this do ruin the fun when you’re Jason and you wanna play the game and kill people. The only good thing is the jokes on them because they’re the ones looking like bitches and that’s one more match towards your Final Chapter achievement. 

• Like 1

I’m guilty of rage quitting, but only if the Jason is using exploits, or is teaming. Otherwise I don’t. It’s really frustrating as Jason to deal with it, and you’re right. It’s almost always high level players, I noticed that they troll/team/quit a lot more often than new players. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cutecharm said:

I’m guilty of rage quitting, but only if the Jason is using exploits, or is teaming. Otherwise I don’t. It’s really frustrating as Jason to deal with it, and you’re right. It’s almost always high level players, I noticed that they troll/team/quit a lot more often than new players. 

I do the same thing. If the Jason is teaming and he manages to grab me then I quit, although it’s not really considered rage quitting because it’s for a good reason.  He doesn’t deserve the kill. If I catch the teaming before that, I’ll suicide and spectate and try to report them to jasonkillsbugs. 

I agree, while low level players do team, probably because they aren’t familiar with how the game works, a lot of high level people team and troll, and it’s frustrating because I’m a level 150, I’ve been playing for a  While, and if I’m bored with the game, I’d never grab the car and run everybody over or team with Jason, that’s just stupid. People like that should stop playing the game if they’re that bored. For me, what helps with if I get bored is changing up counselors by putting it on random. But no, these guys have to ruin everybody’s game.  

For some reason I also noticed it happens more now than anytime before. Probably because now more people are max level. It’s sad that they’ve been playing the game that long and still can’t accept dying. Quitting at the very beginning of the match is one thing and even though it’s annoying, at least they aren’t doing it right in front of your face so you can’t get the kill. Even though I really dont need CP it’s always frustrating to see a high level player start flashing their light at you and then when you kill them, they rage instantly. What was the point of that?

• Like 1

In the case of lvl 150 players I think a lot of times they quit because they dont  really care about the XP so they quit rather than watch people run around for 10mins.  

In quick matches i dont care if lvl150s quit and find a new match (ill sometimes do the same, especially if i dont like the lobby). 

3 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

In the case of lvl 150 players I think a lot of times they quit because they dont  really care about the XP so they quit rather than watch people run around for 10mins.  

In quick matches i dont care if lvl150s quit and find a new match (ill sometimes do the same, especially if i dont like the lobby). 

I don’t mind them quitting under any circumstances. I don’t need CP myself so if they quit mid-kill animation or before I can get them, good for them. I could care less. As Jason though, it gets boring really fast if you only have 5 or less people to kill. Same goes with the suiciders. Suicide, great. I could care less. But the match gets boring because that makes one less person  to hunt down. And in the case it’s a level 150, it usually is a fun chase, so when they quit, they usually leave me to hunt down a bunch of low level people who I can kill in less than 5 minutes and that’s not very fun. 

The people quitting at the beginning at the match - I do that too myself, and I don’t really hate them for it, it just gets annoying because as I said, as Jason it gets boring faster and the round will become shorter and shorter the more people quit. And then usually counselors wont take the game seriously because they have less teammates. One time everybody quit but me and somebody else, I was a counselor so I didn’t really take it seriously because it’s no fun being the only one alive for almost the entire match. The other guy got killed off pretty quickly. 

Crazy just had a player as Jason quit because me and another player they were after for awhile escaped in the car. 🤣😏

On 3/29/2020 at 7:21 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

1) "Try-hard" is one of the stupidest fucking terms ever invented. Why is putting effort into something suddenly scorn-worthy?

2) The constant sound effects and appearing/disappearing text are annoying as fuck. A counselor shutting a door can hardly be considered a "Fail" on Jason's part, especially since the counselor in question then made the idiotic mistake of diving through the window of a cabin with no door. Jason could have hit Shift as soon as she jumped and had enough time to Shift inside and grab her before she gets to her feet. Sure, she's got a PK, but now it's gone, and that means it's over on the next grab.

3) Next time you find yourself in a similar situation as Jason, here's a friendly word of advice: Stop chasing the counselor, go to a nearby cabin, and destroy EVERY SINGLE DOOR AND WINDOW IT HAS. When you're done, go onto the next cabin and repeat the process. After every door and every window on ALL of the nearby cabins have been destroyed, THEN resume chasing the counselor. 

Why go through all that effort? Well, let's answer that question with another question: What is the most vital aspect of successfully kiting Jason? Knowing his location. This is why counselors will run into an inner room, lock both doors, and wait by a window. They know that Jason can't get to them without revealing where he is, and when they know where he is, they know where NOT to be. Taking a few minutes to destroy doors and windows on cabins that aren't even occupied may sound like a waste of time (and if there's several counselors still alive, it is) but no doors = no way of locking Jason out to regain stamina as well as no way of knowing for sure where he is. This puts an unbelievable amount of pressure on whoever's trying to kite you.

Pretend your that counselor. You've been stringing Jason along from cabin to cabin trying to run out the clock when suddenly, he disappears. You climb through a window, run to a back room, lock the doors, and open a window. A couple of minutes go by and there's no sign of Jason anywhere. Maybe he's in Stalk, waiting for you to climb out of the window. Maybe he's off trying to collect as many TKs as he can. Maybe you've irritated him so much he just said 'Fuck it' and is wandering the map waiting for the time to run out. Suddenly, he rages through the door. You hop out the window, maybe take a second to be an obnoxious twat and taunt him with a dance emote, then run to the safety of the next cabin. Except... he's not following you. Once you get inside, you notice all the doors and windows have been broken down, and a few seconds later you hear his music getting louder. Realizing you're a sitting duck, you hop back through the window and run back to the cabin you were just in, but it looks like Jason destroyed all it's doors and windows as soon as you left. As loud as the music is, you know he's right on top of you, but you don't know where. Should you run? Hunker down in a corner and wait? Maybe make your way to a different cabin? Then, the music stops and everything goes quiet.

1) Putting effort into something is one thing. Going into your own world and obsessing over a video game that means nothing is a completely different story.

2A) My video was made for entertainment. Not somebody who wants pure gameplay because, well... You can just play the game for that. If that's what you're looking for, my channel isn't for you. 

2B) It was the grab that was the fail at the door. Why would he even try to grab at that point? If he is as good as he claims to be, why would he even go for that grab?

2C) He should know better. If you notice I seen him behind me before I dove. And how was I to know there was no door? Plus, given what I seen, I highly doubt he would have been able to pull off a shift around the house and into the door then right on me perfectly, let alone even think to do it. And he didn't. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bonez said:

2A) My video was made for entertainment. Not somebody who wants pure gameplay because, well... You can just play the game for that. If that's what you're looking for, my channel isn't for you. 

So you have a worthless small channel that's designed just to finger point at people to shame them?  yeah, that doesn't sound toxic in the least.  What an asset to the community you're providing.  The whole like 20 people who watch your videos that is.

Meanwhile, you made enough of your own mistakes in that video.  Like shooting Jason with a shotgun near the beginning for no reason.  The way that all played out, you should have still had the shotgun on your back.  Meanwhile, you passed up a bat to keep your machete for no reason after that when a bat is a better stun weapon than a machete.

I mean if you're going to mock a Jason player, maybe you should look at the gameplay at your own mistakes and what to work on...like don't dive through a window into a cabin that has no door.  Sure that Jason didn't take advantage of that, but plenty of Jasons will and you'll either lose your pocket knife right then and there or get thrown right back out that window.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SirMang said:

So you have a worthless small channel that's designed just to finger point at people to shame them?  yeah, that doesn't sound toxic in the least.  What an asset to the community you're providing.  The whole like 20 people who watch your videos that is.

Meanwhile, you made enough of your own mistakes in that video.  Like shooting Jason with a shotgun near the beginning for no reason.  The way that all played out, you should have still had the shotgun on your back.  Meanwhile, you passed up a bat to keep your machete for no reason after that when a bat is a better stun weapon than a machete.

I mean if you're going to mock a Jason player, maybe you should look at the gameplay at your own mistakes and what to work on...like don't dive through a window into a cabin that has no door.  Sure that Jason didn't take advantage of that, but plenty of Jasons will and you'll either lose your pocket knife right then and there or get thrown right back out that window.

I nominate you to be part of our F13 Game video commentary committee. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I nominate you to be part of our F13 Game video commentary committee. 😎

I have no issue with giving actual helpful constructive criticism of gameplay.

But if someone goes out running their mouth talking smack to try and mock someone, it's a different story entirely. 

Shooting Jason while he's standing in a doorway with a shotgun as he's no threat to you, to me, is even more of a fail than Jason missing a quick knife throw. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SirMang said:

I have no issue with giving actual helpful constructive criticism of gameplay.

But if someone goes out running their mouth talking smack to try and mock someone, it's a different story entirely. 

Shooting Jason while he's standing in a doorway with a shotgun as he's no threat to you, to me, is even more of a fail than Jason missing a quick knife throw. 

I see newer players do that now and then. I used knives only on the last person I saw doing that. I only did that because the person ran two counselors over in the same match. He left the lobby after that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bonez said:

1) Putting effort into something is one thing. Going into your own world and obsessing over a video game that means nothing is a completely different story.

2B) It was the grab that was the fail at the door. Why would he even try to grab at that point? If he is as good as he claims to be, why would he even go for that grab?

2C) He should know better. If you notice I seen him behind me before I dove. And how was I to know there was no door? Plus, given what I seen, I highly doubt he would have been able to pull off a shift around the house and into the door then right on me perfectly, let alone even think to do it. And he didn't. 

I'm not criticizing your video, I'm just giving honest feedback. Also I didn't know all those fails were from missing grabs, so I apologize.

On 4/2/2020 at 10:16 PM, SirMang said:

1) My worthless small channel actually has very little to do with gaming or this game for that matter. If you checked it out you would realize that.

2) I'm not trying to be an asset to this community. Not even sure how one would be. That's kinda weird.

3) The whole 20 people who watch? This video alone has almost 300 views already and it was just made to be something dumb. Mind posting any type of YouTube/Twitch/Mixer channel that YOU have so we can see what your following is like? Btw,  YouTube is by far my lowest following as I really don't care about it and only upload on there out of necessity, I actually despise YouTube if I'm going to be honest, nothing but more work. iTunes, iHeart Radio, GooglePlay and Spotify are where the majority of my views come from, so if you're going to try and put down somebody's platform maybe you should at least look into it a bit before you make a fool of yourself by talking about something you don't know. I love when people bring up someone's following and try to minimize it when they have none of their own.

4) It's funny how you're pointing out things that aren't really mistakes, simply just things you would do differently. It's hard to call these mistakes considering I was successful.

5) I shot him with the shotgun because I felt like it, I was casually playing. I don't even like having the shotgun in game so that means nothing to me so that point is pretty invalid. The fact that you think you "need a shotgun on your back" to have any type of success really shows up your skill-set more than anything else.

6) As far as the bat goes, I tried to pick up the pipe (better stun chance than a machete) but messed up and had to leave before I could pick it up again. My thought process was he is going to be in rage soon and the machete would at least give me a chance to knock his mask off if needed down the road in the round. Again, clearly I didn't need it and had a big stretch of houses in front of me so stunning him really wouldn't be necessary. Not to mention stunning him when you don't need to will do nothing more than get him into rage quicker. Especially considering it is Savini, him being able to shift at an even faster rate than he already does isn't really something you would want. Clearly this is something you didn't think about. Maybe before you go dissecting someone else's game-play you should grasp a better knowledge of the game first.

7) As for the window with the open door, how was I to know the door was open? I didn't know if he was shifting behind me or not. Also considering seeing how bad he is the chances of him being able to shift around the house and into the door and a direct path to me in that short period of time with Savini's fast shift is highly unlikely.

The fact that shooting a shotgun, not picking up a bat, and me having a crystal ball to know which doors are broken are the only things you can knit-pick about, I feel even with your negativity I did pretty well for myself. 🙃