SCREWNUT

Underrated Horror Flicks

The title says it all, here are my nominations.

1. Killer Klowns From Outer Space

2. The Changeling (1980 Canadian Horror Film with George C. Scott)

3. House of the Devil

4. Splinter

5. The Relic

• Like 1

I thought of some more underrated (not gems or forgotten horror movies as the poster above has tried to point a shaming finger at me)!

Ghoulies and Critters franchises.   

p8585_p_v7_aa.jpg

Critters-1.jpg

• Like 2

Ive heard good things about critters just havent got around to watching them

avoid 4.  Critters in Space.  I hear it's unbearable.  Anybody confirm that??

i love critters 4. just as stupid as the other parts and also just as enjoyable!

got the 4 disc DVD collection of the franchise.

would love to see it revived

also Critters 3 was none other than LEONARDO DICAPRIOs first movie acting job haha

avoid 4.  Critters in Space.  I hear it's unbearable.  Anybody confirm that??

Oh god y must almost every horror franchise go to space

• Like 2

Oh god y must almost every horror franchise go to space

It was the 80's, early 90's....everything went into space back then!  :D  lol

Even Warwick Davis...

movieposter.jpg

That ones not too bad its the ones after that got ridiculous. Leprechuan in the hood and back 2 tha hood

That ones not too bad its the ones after that got ridiculous. Leprechuan in the hood and back 2 tha hood

You clearly missed the fact they make excellent comedies lol.

• Like 1

You clearly missed the fact they make excellent comedies lol.

I still enjoy them its just like any horror franchise some movies are just better than others

I still enjoy them its just like any horror franchise some movies are just better than others

I'm just joking with you David lol I do really think they are funny though. I have the boxset somewhere lol

I'm just joking with you David lol I do really think they are funny though. I have the boxset somewhere lol

Lol ive got them all too theres no horror franchise i have where i dont enjoy all of them except for Halloween. Part 3 is just not worth having in the collection no michael myers no thanks

Lol ive got them all too theres no horror franchise i have where i dont enjoy all of them except for Halloween. Part 3 is just not worth having in the collection no michael myers no thanks

Next Halloween, watch Halloween: Season of the Witch with the idea that Halloween one and two don't exist.  Think of it as an elseworld story.  Number 3 is pretty kickass on it's own as long as you don't bring it's older brother along! :)

• Like 3

Michael Myers never went to space ... , but if they could do it justice , then have at it . Oh and critters in space makes sense at least , because they were from space . I didn't know that about Leonardo DiCaprio was in Critters 3 , I only remember his Bubble Yum bubble gum advertisement .

another few movies i think are underrated are the Subspecies series and the Puppetmaster series. For big horror fans most know about the franchise but for casual horror fans i talk to many have never heard of either.

another few movies i think are underrated are the Subspecies series and the Puppetmaster series. For big horror fans most know about the franchise but for casual horror fans i talk to many have never heard of either.

It's funny, when I watch Puppet Master nowadays I realise there are so few scary moments, but as a little kid I ALWAYS used to check under my bed to make sure Tunneller wasn't under there.

puppet-master-ii-tunneler-wins.png

saw a work in progress of it on a festival once and thought it was just alright.

Most people forget about the Trick"r"treat with sam. Puppet master was also kind of forgotten. Parents, and also motel hell. But here is a list no idea what's on it but it may have some good ones. http://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/forgotten-horror-films-you-should-revisit#.rqz7JamlX

Trick-r-Treat is my go to horror movie during halloween, love that film. Motel Hell is so fun, i got a friend near Austin and their local Alamo Drafthouse showed Motel Hell... i was so envious.

• Like 1

Trick-r-Treat is my go to horror movie during halloween, love that film. Motel Hell is so fun, i got a friend near Austin and their local Alamo Drafthouse showed Motel Hell... i was so envious.

Haha same. I watched Trick r Treat every year. This was first year I mixed it up with It Follows instead and shouldn't have. There is talks of a Trick r Treat sequel right now. Better late than never? Maybe we'll know maybe not

My two nominations are The Descent and The Funhouse. The former knocked my socks off and it's prob in my top 10 horror movies all time.

The Final Girls and Lost After Dark are pretty good video-on-demand recent slasher films.