m3ga_monk3y.cfg

My microphone is barely working on this game

It's nothing to do with the headset, because I literally bought a brand new one today, but when i press "T" which is the push to talk button, my name sometimes appears, and sometimes just disappears, no one can hear me when the name goes away.

It stays on for about a second, then turns off for about 2 seconds before coming on again.

This also happens to me in voice chat on Rust.

also weapon kills still aint working for me, i've got 400+ hours in the game and only have 11 weapon kills apparently. I've got weapon kills equipped to Jason, and am using them, do they mean slash kills like only pressing left click to attack counselors? Because the group I play with have a rule against slashing because its a pretty bloody stupid mechanic, really unfair

I thought my mic was broken because the icon kept randomly disappearing from screen but people on my stream still heard me, so i assumed it was just a visual glitch. Haven't actually checked it since then because i put all my faith in the visual glitch theory haha

10 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

If you play on PS4, there's an option to adjust microphone level, I think if you go to "Devices".

I play on PC

I’ve been having mic problems as well and thought my headset wasn’t working again (I had to pick up a new one a couple months ago because my old one had stopped working a while ago, I knew it wasn’t because of a glitch because of the way it started playing both game audio and chat audio, and started sounding all screwed up), but then I realized sometimes it starts working again.  Today I came across the problem again and I saw two people talking in a lobby, unable to hear them or anything. So I unplugged the headset and tried all of that, luckily I was able to get it working after that. Then it happened again. Usually the  issue I’m describing ends up resolving itself not too long afterwards, but I’ve read a couple other people on reddit having the same issue im having, so I’m wondering if it has to do with the patch that was released back in january? 

If it happens in multiple games, it's either your headset or a common problem with their abilities to pick up your mic. I think you should go into your Sound Control Panel, go to Recording devices and tick Listen and make sure your mic isn't cutting in and out on there. If it isn't, it's probably too quiet. Go into the mic's properties and boost it. Before I got a headset I was stuck using my Oculus Rift S and I had to practically scream into it for people to hear me.