Sign in to follow this  
odista2000

Sense Avoidance Perks vs. Fear Reduction Perks

This question might have been asked before but I couldn't find a definitive answer.  If I want to make a character like AJ Mason invisible or nearly invisible to Jason's sense ability, would it better to load her up with sense avoidance perks like Homebody, Level Headed, and Low Profile or fear reduction perks like Preparedness, Nerves of Steel, and Night Owl?

The reason I'm asking is because I've read that some people have had some success with building a "No Fear Jenny."  From what I understand, Jason senses your fear and if you're never afraid, you'll never be on his radar.  However, I'm not too fond of Jenny's stats and I'm wondering if a No Fear build would work on AJ and other counselors.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

6 hours ago, odista2000 said:

This question might have been asked before but I couldn't find a definitive answer.  If I want to make a character like AJ Mason invisible or nearly invisible to Jason's sense ability, would it better to load her up with sense avoidance perks like Homebody, Level Headed, and Low Profile or fear reduction perks like Preparedness, Nerves of Steel, and Night Owl?

The reason I'm asking is because I've read that some people have had some success with building a "No Fear Jenny."  From what I understand, Jason senses your fear and if you're never afraid, you'll never be on his radar.  However, I'm not too fond of Jenny's stats and I'm wondering if a No Fear build would work on AJ and other counselors.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

There is no way to guarantee "sense avoidance" and no single counselor has immunity to it.  Fear only effects when you glow red outside Jason's sense radius, (increases over time), otherwise you will grow red inside that radius.  You can only stack perks for a "chance" to avoid it, and it's the reason why experienced players typically avoid that build in favor of guaranteed benefit perks (medic, swift attacker, ThickedSkin, etc).

No Fear Jenny isn't about avoidance sense, but about removing the hindrance of the Fear Mechanic. It will not work on any other counselor.  Referring to what I previous mentioned, it doesn't make her avoid Jason's sense.

If you run Spatial Awareness your character sees Jason on the Minimap from further away. It also makes him last Longer after Shift. It's only really useful for Stealth Characters I stopped using it but I found it useful for AJ. That way you can always stay outside of Jason's Sense range if you know the Distance. If you hear Jason's music he can see you on Sense. If you don't hear Jason's music he can't see you unless your fear is up. 

Once rage kicks in and assuming Jason knocked out all power boxes you are pretty much going to be found regardless

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Once rage kicks in and assuming Jason knocked out all power boxes you are pretty much going to be found regardless

Have to agree with Tim ! With the style people play with these days and thats about none just use the guaranteed like Thick Skin , Medic , and so on .

On 3/22/2020 at 7:48 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

Quoted for truth.

Once Jason gets rage sense avoidance perks and fear reduction perks are useless.

Outside of NoS.  That perk has application all the time and is top tier IMHO.