Does anybody else wish this game operated a little more like Dead by Daylight in terms of being killer and counselor? 

Sometimes I’m Jason a few times in a row but more commonly I don’t get to be Jason for a whole day, and when you really wanna be jason, it really starts to get frustrating. The way choosing the killer should operate is that people who want to be killer can have an option to go into a lobby with people who want to be only counselors, so that you can be the killer whenever you want, etc. Now obviously more people like being the killer than the counselor, so there might be a problem with finding lobbies, but the current ticketing system is really bad.

The other option is to have some friends who don't mind letting you be Jason for a few rounds.

there are players who are still trying to complete the appropriate number of matches as Jason, and find players open to letting them work on that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wish this existed where you could choose. But I don’t think there is a big enough playerbase for it to be incorporated 

• Thanks 1

Or just become a "Jason Main" and either quit, suicide asap, or get idle kicked and go join another lobby until you become Jason. This method is generally frowned upon but lots of people do it. I've had a number of debates over this. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Or just become a "Jason Main" and either quit, suicide asap, or get idle kicked and go join another lobby until you become Jason. This method is generally frowned upon but lots of people do it. I've had a number of debates over this. 

I usually try not to do that, but just yesterday since it was Friday the 13th I wanted to be Jason, and I didn’t want to play for 2 straight hours or anything. So I played one match as a counselor and then the next match, when I wasn’t Jason I quit.  I quit quite a few matches last night, only to be Jason one time in that whole time I played. And when I finally was Jason, instead of being the Jason I picked (part 4 with battle axe) I was a glitched part 7 who actually had the axe, but he had the battle axe until I grabbed somebody and performed a kill on them (it was kind of weird). It’s so weird because sometimes I’m Jason 2-3 times in a row and then sometimes I’m not Jason at all.  

I rarely quit the match when I’m not Jason but  sometimes I can’t waste time playing through at least an hour of matches only to never be Jason. Also, joining new lobbies helps increase chances of being Jason, and I think that’s what happened the time I finally got to be Jason... and it was also glitched because some idiot joined the lobby at the wrong time when it was already starting, lol.

4 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I will quit if I want to play as Jason and I don’t get selected. There’s nothing wrong with it. If someone just wants to play as jason so be it!!

42 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I will quit if I want to play as Jason and I don’t get selected. There’s nothing wrong with it. If someone just wants to play as jason so be it!!

Will that cause you to go to the salt mines though? I quit sometimes when I want to be Jason, and sometimes it’s multiple matches in a row so I was wondering if it would cause you to go to the salt mines. If it does I think, like @TimDuke 01 said, suiciding right away and then quitting is a good idea so you’re already dead when you quit the game.

11 minutes ago, FridayThe31st said:

Will that cause you to go to the salt mines though? I quit sometimes when I want to be Jason, and sometimes it’s multiple matches in a row so I was wondering if it would cause you to go to the salt mines. If it does I think, like @TimDuke 01 said, suiciding right away and then quitting is a good idea so you’re already dead when you quit the game.

Salt mines don’t exist 

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Salt mines don’t exist 

Didn’t the devs at one point say that was a thing? 

30 minutes ago, FridayThe31st said:

Didn’t the devs at one point say that was a thing? 

It used to be 

SALT mines went away when dedicated severs came to consoles. They were a joke anyway. There were loopholes around them, as I pointed out suiciding or idle kick gave you ZERO Salt points. Even IF you got in them all you had to do is play 1 match against the bots to get out.

• Thanks 1

SALT mines went away when dedicated severs came to consoles. They were a joke anyway. There were loopholes around them, as I pointed out suiciding or idle kick gave you ZERO Salt points. Even IF you got in them all you had to do is play 1 match against the bots to get out.

This is good to know. I don’t really mind when people leave lobbies in the very beginning of the match (sometimes it gets annoying when it leaves you with only 3 people to kill or only 3 other teammates), but the one thing that annoys me is rage quitters, the ones that trash talk how you’re never going to get them, then the moment they realize they messed up and you grab them, they leave. In my opinion, when the salt mines were around, those are the only people who should go there (even though, as you said, it won’t do much because they can get out pretty easily). 

It was to my understanding that some people ended up in the Salt Mines, even if they shouldn't have been in there.

• Like 3

I'm really surprised that there wasn't  more backlash about doing what I suggested about being a "Jason Main". I know 1 person on this board who thinks it's totally wrong to go lobby jumping to become Jason more often and had a big long debate in  private messaging. Their argument was by leaving immediately you are hurting the "team" by being 1 less person to help others. My argument is if you get so fed up NOT getting to play as Jason for hours or just don't like playing counselor at all, you are likely not going to try too hard to help said team anyway so what good is it if  you are there.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FridayThe31st said:

I don’t really mind when people leave lobbies in the very beginning of the match (sometimes it gets annoying when it leaves you with only 3 people

Agreed. I still see this often. The fire to play as Jason is hot for some. A lot of people still hop lobbies until they're the last person in, as that player always seems to have a leg up on getting picked for some reason. But, it does suck when you're playing solo and the match starts in Pinehurst and two or three people leave. I remember talking to some people in the past who outright admitted they spent more time trying to be Jason than they did actually playing the game. If it's that bad, play some bots rounds on hard and experience that pocketknife 5-7 times a match. You'll be surprised at how quickly your desire to simply be a counselor and survive will grow.

3 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

Agreed. I still see this often. The fire to play as Jason is hot for some. A lot of people still hop lobbies until they're the last person in, as that player always seems to have a leg up on getting picked for some reason. But, it does suck when you're playing solo and the match starts in Pinehurst and two or three people leave. I remember talking to some people in the past who outright admitted they spent more time trying to be Jason than they did actually playing the game. If it's that bad, play some bots rounds on hard and experience that pocketknife 5-7 times a match. You'll be surprised at how quickly your desire to simply be a counselor and survive will grow.

Yeah, it definitely does take long when you’re trying to only be Jason in public lobbies. The other night when all I wanted was one match as Jason, I spent almost an hour hopping around lobbies trying to get selected.  

16 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I'm really surprised that there wasn't  more backlash about doing what I suggested about being a "Jason Main". I know 1 person on this board who thinks it's totally wrong to go lobby jumping to become Jason more often and had a big long debate in  private messaging. Their argument was by leaving immediately you are hurting the "team" by being 1 less person to help others. My argument is if you get so fed up NOT getting to play as Jason for hours or just don't like playing counselor at all, you are likely not going to try too hard to help said team anyway so what good is it if  you are there.

I imagine some people frown heavily on lobby hoppers. I get why people do it in Quick Play.

I've seen Private matches where each player is Jason at least once before one can play as Jason a second time. I've also seen matches where one person plays as Jason the entire time, and the others opt to be counselors.

4 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

Playing as Jason against bots is enough for some players to get their fix.

It does suck sometimes when people leave at the start of a match. The bright side is the improved odds of finding those life-saving items that you'd otherwise have to split between more players.

• Like 3

If they could only make the bots smarter so that they are some what of a challenge then lobby hopping wouldn't be a issue and adding 1-2 pocket knives per character does not equal harder. Wishful thinking but never going to happen. I mean if they could actually try and kill you or if they could use the boat like they think they can cause they carry propellers.LOL

If I'm Jason twice in a row, I always let everybody escape on the second round. Waiting to be Jason for several rounds sucks, but the same person getting picked as Jason twice in a row while you've been waiting for your turn sucks even worse. During this second round, sometimes I go for a leisurely walk around the map, sometimes I go troll the counselors a little, and sometimes I don't leave the shack at all. For some bizarre reason, if I'm just walking around fucking with them a bit, a lot of the less experienced/newer counselors tend to congregate and walk around with me. I guess it's like if you were in the woods and found a grizzly bear who didn't mind you hanging out with him.

34 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

if I'm just walking around fucking with them a bit, a lot of the less experienced/newer counselors tend to congregate and walk around with me

Sounds like you are some Indian guru for them of some Bhagwan clan. 

8 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

If they could only make the bots smarter so that they are some what of a challenge then lobby hopping wouldn't be a issue and adding 1-2 pocket knives per character does not equal harder. Wishful thinking but never going to happen. I mean if they could actually try and kill you or if they could use the boat like they think they can cause they carry propellers.LOL

Given how much time might be left in the development clock, I don't anticipate the bots getting too much smarter. If they do, I hope they do, but I'm prepared if they don't.

If the major bugs can get fixed, we get offline access to our profile data, we can actually hold more than 30 rolled perks (at least X+1, where X is one of each existing perk), and permanent increased XP (for our newer players), that would be decent enough. Anything else they may be willing to offer would be acceptable as well, if offered.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Wolledc said:

Sounds like you are some Indian guru for them of some Bhagwan clan. 

I don't get it. I guess the concept of hanging around Jason makes some people curious.

On 3/16/2020 at 11:38 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I don't get it. I guess the concept of hanging around Jason makes some people curious.

He's still an icon in the horror world.  It's like people hanging around any celebrity.