MattP

Rolling Legendary Perks - Technique Or 100% Random?

Hi there,

I have saved up quite a bit of CP and will soon do a "rolling session" to try and get some more Legendary Perks. I currently have 11 Legendary Perks - many of which I do not use.

Is there any technique to roll Legendary Perks? For example do different counsellors tend to roll certain Perks more often than other counsellors? Should I divide up my rolls evenly between all counsellors? I am most interested in Legendary Thick Skinned and Legendary Preparedness but in the long run I would like to gain access to all the Legendary Perks.

Am I asking a silly question i.e is the rolling system 100% random? I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks,

Matt

PS. I am playing on Nintendo Switch, in case that makes any difference.

I think its just random. I got 2 legendary perks during my 1st three months of playing. But the other day i had enough for 6 or 7 rolls and got 3 more legendary perks. I just wish they were more useful ones. 

Edit: i worded that wrong originally. 

I feel like at Max Level 150 it'll usually gives you one after 10,000 CP in rolls. You gain around 10,000 CP after 3 full level ups at Level 150. Otherwise if you are low level it's better to get Jason kills than Perks. As the CP you gain leveling up on lower levels is 3X lower. The way I do it though for Luck is to place Max Value perks on my Character and roll on the one character. Some perks are always at Max Value like Teamwork and Friendship while others are lowered. I don't recommend using modified Perks for this for example Base My Dad's a Cop was 30% but now it's 25%. If you use the 25% it won't give you a Legendary drop. Different characters drop different legendary perks like LaChappa drops Legendary Speed Demon and Victoria drops Legendary Ice Cold. Experiment with your rolls on different characters till you get all the perks you want. Not all legendary perks are max value but you should wait till the perks don't have a weakness.

I rerolled Legendary Speed Demon 4 times before I got the full legendary bonus. It took like a whole year of figuring it out but it was worth it. 

Welcome to the forum @MattP. I think it is random. Someone more knowledgeable may be able to break down the odds.

2 hours ago, ExpertDual said:

I rerolled Legendary Speed Demon 4 times before I got the full legendary bonus. It took like a whole year of figuring it out but it was worth it. 

Congratulations.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

@ExpertDual I would like to better understand what you have told me. I am at Level 108 - so I think it's a good time for me to be rolling Perks. I will activate any Max Value Perks on my counsellor(s) before I begin rolling. Is the link below the best listing to determine what the Max Value actually is for each Perk?

https://fridaythe13th.gamepedia.com/Perks

Thanks for your help. I am glad I posted here.

Matt

@ExpertDual Wait a minute... So different counselors roll different perks? This is confirmed? I had no idea it worked like that. AJ gives me a lot of garbage since she's my main and i usually roll perks on her. Good to know.