Sign in to follow this  
Anatole

Friendly fire quick play

Hi, 

Sorry if this has already been posted. Also I know it is allowed in private match but I am really talking about quick play. 

I just wanted to suggest that you add friendly fire inside quick play as an option (like you can choose the map). 

Let me explain. As an old player I know that friendly fire was a really funny and good feature because it could really create amazing and realistic situations.

For instance when there are not enough seats in the car, the guy with the gun would panic and rule or even kill! Wouldn't it be the type of behavior you'll see in movies or real life? 

I don't think I am the only one that miss this type of situations. 

Also it could fix the problem with players that are grouped with Jason and help him, we could just kill those traitors, and we could always switch off this option in the next game if the people inside our quick play abuse it. 

Please let friendly fire be back at least with the shotgun. 

Thanks and sorry if my English has mistakes in. 

31 minutes ago, Anatole said:

I just wanted to suggest that you add friendly fire inside quick play as an option (like you can choose the map). 

Please let friendly fire be back at least with the shotgun. 

How about no? The game has enough teamers and trolls in it as it stands now. Adding friendly fire back into public lobbies would just increase the troll's chances of ruining everyone else's game.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

How about no? The game has enough teamers and trolls in it as it stands now. Adding friendly fire back into public lobbies would just increase the troll's chances of ruining everyone else's 

That's exactly why I suggested an option to switch it off. People back then didn't trolled that much when I played and there are other ways to troll anyway. 

If you put out everything in the game a troll can use, then there'll be no doors, no bear traps, no cars... 

I can understand why you don't think it's a good idea, but I know and I've seen many people complaining about saying it was less fun now. 

Also that is a weapon against trolls

@Anatole, and what happens when the teamers or the trolls are the ones that have control over toggling it off and on? No matter how you set the choices up, a person that is setting out to mess with others are going to be able to successfully do so. The only way to prevent any of the nonsense would be banning cheaters and teamers, but they aren’t banning anyone at the junction of the games life span. 

17 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@Anatole, and what happens when the teamers or the trolls are the ones that have control over toggling it off and on? No matter how you set the choices up, a person that is setting out to mess with others are going to be able to successfully do so. The only way to prevent any of the nonsense would be banning cheaters and teamers, but they aren’t banning anyone at the junction of the games life span. 

True they should add something to report serial trollers, it would work. I was myself a troll on another game when I got bored and after some changes I got punished and had to stop otherwise I couldn't play anymore. This really worked. 

But yeah as you said if I understood, a person that wants to troll, will do it no matter what so friendly fire or not, they'll do it (with traps, car, teaming with Jason) so I don't see why banning one of them and not the other tools. And as I said it really added a stress and a fun around a car that is now replaced by just frustration that one guy got in the before you even tho you repaired it. 

2 hours ago, Anatole said:

True they should add something to report serial trollers, it would work.

This may have worked had it been established early on. Provided that there was undeniable proof submitted via gameplay video. But they aren't going to do anything about it now. They have already said that the game is late enough in it's life cycle that they aren't doing anything to it other than fixing the bugs and glitches that are considered game breaking. That's why glitchers and teamers are running rampant in most public lobbies. Without fear of getting booted from the game, they do whatever they want.

18 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

How about no? The game has enough teamers and trolls in it as it stands now. Adding friendly fire back into public lobbies would just increase the troll's chances of ruining everyone else's game.

This right here.

On the bright side @Anatole, you could get into some Private matches with like-minded players and have loads of fun with friendly fire.

• Like 3

I agree with everything you said, I also liked friendly fire because it made things more realistic. I also liked how Jason could use a counselor that he grabbed as a shield against other counselors trying to hit him, I always thought that was funny. 

I also agree with what you said about the teamers. Currently when there are teamers, you have a limited amount of things you can possibly do. You can either quit the match, try your best to escape or if you can get everything for it including the keys, run them over with the car. If friendly fire had never been removed, killing them would be much easier. You have a shotgun and you can shoot them and kill them. But if I’m being honest, teaming would become a thousand times worse with friendly fire. I already have a counselor following alongside Jason trying to hit me with an axe when it doesn’t even do anything, so imagine how that would be WITH the ability to kill your teammates. You can’t even stay still to gain stamina while Jason is breaking down a door because his little bitch is going to come inside the cabin and try to kill you themselves. 

Then theres the trolls we’d have to worry about. I hated back then how pretty much your only resort/safety when somebody was pulling a shotgun on you was to go hide in a closet (Im not sure if hiding under beds was safe because I once saw somebody get shot while they were under the bed). If trolling now is annoying, like when a player decides to start up the car and run everybody over with it, with friendly fire this will be a thousand times worse. Avoiding a car is pretty easy. All you have to do is stay indoors although I can juke one pretty well and make the person inside look like a fool.  With the ability to kill teammates though people can just find shotguns and use them to kill their teammates. And sometimes they’ll do this at the worst times like if you’re about to kill Jason  and boom you’re dead. This also applies to teamers. Now when a teaming Jason is about to get killed, their little friend can do really nothing about it except for try to block off Tommy so he can’t push A or try to run Tommy and SG over with the car before they can kill their friend or  some bullshit like that. Another scenario that could happen is they pull a gun on you so you have to hide in a hiding spot. Obviously at first you wouldnt know for sure what’s behind this person’s actions. Usually you’d think they’re just trolls. But when you do hide in a closet or something, they could be telling their Jason friend where you are so that they can come and kill you.

The easiest thing you could probably do in some of these situations is just to quit to avoid wasting time and getting mad over worthless people (you can always message them later letting them know how stupid they are, and possibly report them for teaming), but as you can see although I personally find friendly fire more realistic for this game, it’s definitely not going to help with the current situations that are the reason why this game has a toxic player base.

I’ll just say this straight out though - there was nothing more satisfying than shooting somebody with the shotgun who did something to you in the previous match whether that be  getting you killed, teaming, trolling, purposely trapping you with traps under a window,  etc. Running them over with a car now is still satisfying, but that shotgun was always the best. 😂

Yes being able to turn on and off the option of killing other players needs to return to the game.

On 3/19/2020 at 7:39 AM, Strigoi said:

Yes being able to turn on and off the option of killing other players needs to return to the game.

It is in Private matches. Quick Play won't get it back most likely because people will just abuse it again.

• Like 2