DontZzz34

Why did Gun Media make all of Jason’s animations punishable? 🤔

25 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I wish jason had infinite stalk,

Agree, improving the stalk ability (at least to have it from the beginning with, shorter cool downs) would make the game much more interesting and scarier. 

Besides that, the removal of Jason‘s red icon off the minimap / big map would give the game more quality and a bigger touch of an actual horror genre game.

Counselors shouldn’t be able to know (by looking at the moving red icon) Jason‘s moving position and headed direction, I.e when he is shifting.

Especially, when counselors are driving with the car, the red icon (when morphed, shifted) is too predictable for them.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wolledc said:

Agree, improving the stalk ability (at least to have it from the beginning with, shorter cool downs) would make the game much more interesting and scarier. 

Besides that, the removal of Jason‘s red icon off the minimap / big map would give the game more quality and a bigger touch of an actual horror genre game.

Counselors shouldn’t be able to know (by looking at the moving red icon) Jason‘s moving position and headed direction, I.e when he is shifting.

Especially, when counselors are driving with the car, the red icon (when morphed, shifted) is too predictable for them.

GUN media took scary right out of the game from all that shit

Posted (edited)

Another example: you are being chased by Jason, stamina is low, you run to a bigger cabin / the barn and then you can just wait and watch on the mini map, which route Jason is taking (left or right side of the building. you can totally predict him and get out the other side and don’t have to be scared at all.

72E8CD0F-6CBC-4C6F-BEFA-5CAA7600BCB4.jpeg

Question: would removing the red icon count as „new content“?

Edited by Wolledc
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 7:41 PM, Wolledc said:

I'm guessing no, taking something away isn't new content. As an example, look at how the Jason X portion of the virtual cabin was removed.

I like the idea of removing the red icon. It's a small change and a slight buff to Jason. He needs all he can get at this point. 

4 hours ago, masterkeef42o said:

I like the idea of removing the red icon. It's a small change and a slight buff to Jason. He needs all he can get at this point. 

Especially when he's shifting. We shouldn't be able to see the red dot while he's in a shift.

On 3/4/2020 at 11:14 AM, SonofOdin6039 said:

Dude, I love using that trick. I use it a lot when I'm chasing after a counselor knowing there's another one behind me hurrying to hit me from behind.  I time it just as he or she is about to swing, spin and grab them. I will admit it's backfired a few times because I'm not watching where I'm actually going, but its worth it to me. Cheers and game on, my friends 

far out! sometimes i'll even just stop during a fight (one on one of course) & act like im checking my map about to morph while keeping my camera on them.. its so funny.

keep up the good murders!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TedWhiteJ4 said:

When Predator comes out I will be leaving this game for good.

Why it's Illfonic, I can't believe they suddenly got good at coding.Their track record speaks for itself.Almost guaranteed to be as buggy and glitchy as this game and if history repeats itself they'll nerf the Predator into the ground like they did Jason. LOL

8 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Why it's Illfonic, I can't believe they suddenly got good at coding.Their track record speaks for itself.Almost guaranteed to be as buggy and glitchy as this game and if history repeats itself they'll nerf the Predator into the ground like they did Jason. LOL

Illfonic also had to obey what Gun told them to do.

9 hours ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

Illfonic also had to obey what Gun told them to do.

Gun wasn’t the one doing the code that’s absolute trash that brought on all the bugs and causes more bugs when trying to fix it.  That’s all Illfonic. 

On 3/15/2020 at 12:19 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

Illfonic just did what gun told them to do,  do you think that sony is going to let the Predator turn into a bumbling idiot who gets beat to a pulp and killed at the drop of a dime? I think not

3 hours ago, TedWhiteJ4 said:

Illfonic just did what gun told them to do,  do you think that sony is going to let the Predator turn into a bumbling idiot who gets beat to a pulp and killed at the drop of a dime? I think not

Let's hope not. I have too much respect for the Predator to see that outcome.

• Like 1

All depends on the player base as what happened to Jason. If the special forces or what ever they were mains whine and complain enough to Sony, would they cave in to pressure and nerf Predator because he is too OP like this publisher listened to the whiny counselor mains? Have to wait and see.Maybe in the Predator game you can actually be the Predator every match.I don't know that much about that game I haven't followed it because it was going to be PS4 exclusive and I only have PC.

On 3/7/2020 at 8:41 PM, Wolledc said:

Another example: you are being chased by Jason, stamina is low, you run to a bigger cabin / the barn and then you can just wait and watch on the mini map, which route Jason is taking (left or right side of the building. you can totally predict him and get out the other side and don’t have to be scared at all.

72E8CD0F-6CBC-4C6F-BEFA-5CAA7600BCB4.jpeg

Morph away + Activate Stalk + Shift back inside barn = dead counselor.

This will work literally almost every single time.

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Morph away + Activate Stalk + Shift back inside barn = dead counselor.

This will work literally almost every single time.

Agree, this works pretty well.

But unfortunately you need as you pointed out all 3 abilities (morph, shift and stalk), which Jason does not possess at the start, so the first third of each match can be  pretty lame as Jason is too predictable.

sometimes I play as a counselor without sound. With all of Jason‘s music off, I already had some good jumpscares in some matches.

3 hours ago, Wolledc said:

Agree, this works pretty well.

But unfortunately you need as you pointed out all 3 abilities (morph, shift and stalk), which Jason does not possess at the start, so the first third of each match can be  pretty lame as Jason is too predictable.

sometimes I play as a counselor without sound. With all of Jason‘s music off, I already had some good jumpscares in some matches.

Stalk only takes 3-4 minutes to activate. Usually there isn't much chance of having to chase down the car or boat that early. If there is though, the lack of Stalk and Shift is going to make your job rather unpleasant.

Honestly, Jason being so punishable is the reason why I started learning how to do the more advanced techniques like Knife Canceling and Speed Shifting.

3 hours ago, Dunken said:

Honestly, Jason being so punishable is the reason why I started learning how to do the more advanced techniques like Knife Canceling and Speed Shifting.

Same. I’m thankful for these advanced techniques. Some consider them “exploits” But these techniques is honestly what makes playing as Jason a better experience. Just imagine how bad jason would be if players used all reg animations. 
open door- punished, break window- punished, break down door-punished, grab a knife- punished, place a trap- punished. It’d be awful playing as him. I’d rather knife cancel, cs break windows/doors, trap-block, etc. and other Jason’s should learn these to

5 hours ago, Dunken said:

and Speed Shifting.

What exactly do you mean with „speed shifting“?

What is the difference to the standard ability „shifting“?

23 minutes ago, Wolledc said:

What exactly do you mean with „speed shifting“?

What is the difference to the standard ability „shifting“?

That I won't answer here. You'll have to look for that on your own. But in short, it removes the start-up animation that makes Jason so vulnerable and slightly increases your distance.

Ok, in other words: an exploit. Then don’t explain. Bad enough, that this exist, I won’t want to know 

Most of the techniques or exploits(in the eye of the beholder) Jason can do cannot be done with keyboard and mouse. You can ghost,3rd person shift, and double tap doors maybe a couple others but the majority can only be done with a controller and it takes precise timing on hitting the button combinations so they aren't all that easy to pull off.Guru is a master at it.

5 hours ago, Wolledc said:

Ok, in other words: an exploit. Then don’t explain. Bad enough, that this exist, I won’t want to know 

Keep doing the devs amazing standard shit they came up with 😂