Jump to content
DontZzz34

Why did Gun Media make all of Jason’s animations punishable? 🤔

Recommended Posts

Regular door breaking, knife grabbing, and window breaking animations are easily punishable and gives counselor an easy free hit. In the past, Jason raging through a door always resulted in a free stun to. Also after kill animations, Pk stuns, and stuns Jason BARELY has anytime to move out of the way or else he takes damage due to whoever had the bright idea to remove the longer invincibility he used to have after those animations. 

thank god we have combat stance to break doors and windows and we don’t have to use these dogshit punishable breaking animations the devs came up with. 

Seriously, it just amazes me they thought making almost all of Jason’s moves punishable was a good idea. Did they realize they even did that or consider that was the wrong thing to do? 

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have to agree. it is pretty stupid. at the very least, it shouldnt stun him.. bring the human sheilds back as well.

however, you can avoid this simply by looking around first before grabbing a knife, breaking a power box, ect.. if i see a brat waiting for me to grab a knife, i'll face the knife acting like ima grab it, with my camera facing the brat, then as they run up for the cheap shot, boom turn 180 & grab that fucker! its a great trick. also as you said, combat mode is the best way to avoid this for windows & doors. in many ways, its how the jason player plays. like killing jason is too easy in my opinion, but for the most part, its jasons fault for being reckless. for fighting a gang of 4 at once, or for falling for the same trick over & over. you must learn from mistakes. thats why i ended up using combat for doors & windows in the first place. then i was like wow this is way better haha..

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

i have to agree. it is pretty stupid. at the very least, it shouldnt stun him.. bring the human sheilds back as well.

however, you can avoid this simply by looking around first before grabbing a knife, breaking a power box, ect.. if i see a brat waiting for me to grab a knife, i'll face the knife acting like ima grab it, with my camera facing the brat, then as they run up for the cheap shot, boom turn 180 & grab that fucker! its a great trick. also as you said, combat mode is the best way to avoid this for windows & doors. in many ways, its how the jason player plays. like killing jason is too easy in my opinion, but for the most part, its jasons fault for being reckless. for fighting a gang of 4 at once, or for falling for the same trick over & over. you must learn from mistakes. thats why i ended up using combat for doors & windows in the first place. then i was like wow this is way better haha..

Right. Just think about if we had to break down doors the normal way? Every single Jason player would get smacked every time they broke down a door. I don’t think very many good Jason’s would want to play as jason anymore if that were the case lol. Since the majority of Jason’s who use the normal animation are mostly noobs who don’t know any better. I was just thinking about this and if we didn’t have any advanced techniques and had to use what the devs created Jason players would be screwed. There’d be so many openings for free hits against Jason. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you think about it if he did have all that free chances he would be beyond overpowered and the concept of "balance" would be heavily misplaced/miss valued for all counselors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be mistaken but combat stancing a door I don't think protects you from being smacked from behind, by the time auto targeting kicks in you have probably been smacked.When breaking down a door normally you can turn the camera view around to see behind you. I agree he shouldn't be punished coming out of animations especially the pocket knife one where you already were punished once. Let us not forget he can be unmasked in 1 hit by a Buggzy with the right perks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

If you think about it if he did have all that free chances he would be beyond overpowered and the concept of "balance" would be heavily misplaced/miss valued for all counselors.

Not sure what ur getting at? 

54 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Could be mistaken but combat stancing a door I don't think protects you from being smacked from behind, by the time auto targeting kicks in you have probably been smacked.When breaking down a door normally you can turn the camera view around to see behind you. I agree he shouldn't be punished coming out of animations especially the pocket knife one where you already were punished once. Let us not forget he can be unmasked in 1 hit by a Buggzy with the right perks.

not too sure about this but if a counselor runs up behind him while he’s CS a door won’t auto lock kick in and he’ll be facing them? Then you can just block and grab them. Sure you can watch your back with the reg door breaking animation, but the problem with reg door breaking animation is the counselor inside can smack you as soon as you break it down. 

right, the Pk one is probably one of the most broken things. I’ve seen 3-4 counselors surround Jason with machetes and de mask him right out of stun. It’s really only avoidable and he “can” move out of the way if there’s 1 person trying to de mask him out of stun. But it’s nothing that reliable to count on still if the counselors time it properly. He really needs longer invincibility time after stuns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well they boasted about how 'hard' it was to kill Jason well before launch. Something like 1 in 75 tries.

That should tell anybody all they need to know. They played the game in a super relaxed setting during 'playtesting', probably trying to mirror the movies. Which is probably why they put so much emphasis on the hiding mechanic too before beta, when beta already revealed how useless it was with the current mechanics.

I'll give credit where credit is due though. They got the look, the atmosphere, the score right with the game in terms of mirroring the films. Unfortunately like most developers, they never bothered to think outside the box to see how players might exploit and chew up their game.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

Well they boasted about how 'hard' it was to kill Jason well before launch. Something like 1 in 75 tries.

That should tell anybody all they need to know. They played the game in a super relaxed setting during 'playtesting', probably trying to mirror the movies. Which is probably why they put so much emphasis on the hiding mechanic too before beta, when beta already revealed how useless it was with the current mechanics.

I'll give credit where credit is due though. They got the look, the atmosphere, the score right with the game in terms of mirroring the films. Unfortunately like most developers, they never bothered to think outside the box to see how players might exploit and chew up their game.

In the devs defense (I can't believe I actually just said that) they probably didn't expect killing Jason to become so rampant, and I don't blame them. If you had told me when I first started playing that in a couple of years counselors killing Jason would become so common that you have to treat every lobby like a kill-squad until proven otherwise, I'd have laughed and told you to fuck off because "That's not how this game is going to work. Jason does the killing, counselors do the dying". Yet a few nights ago, me and a couple of friends literally chased Jason down and killed him. Jason-motherfucking-Voorhees was actually running AWAY from counselors. He wasn't some brand new n00b who just got the game recently, this guy was a lv 150 who had months (if not years) of experience playing. It didn't help him much though because, experienced or not, the Jason-kill is ridiculously easy as long as you have at least two people that know what they're doing.

Edit: Skip to about 13:00 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

In the devs defense (I can't believe I actually just said that) they probably didn't expect killing Jason to become so rampant, and I don't blame them. If you had told me when I first started playing that in a couple of years counselors killing Jason would become so common that you have to treat every lobby like a kill-squad until proven otherwise, I'd have laughed and told you to fuck off because "That's not how this game is going to work. Jason does the killing, counselors do the dying". Yet a few nights ago, me and a couple of friends literally chased Jason down and killed him. Jason-motherfucking-Voorhees was actually running AWAY from counselors. He wasn't some brand new n00b who just got the game recently, this guy was a lv 150 who had months (if not years) of experience playing. It didn't help him much though because, experienced or not, the Jason-kill is ridiculously easy as long as you have at least two people that know what they're doing.

Edit: Skip to about 13:00 

 

Yesterday I had a similar confrontation playing with Jason. But they didn't kill me because, unlike I had part 3 and they were 2 players, not 3. I did something similar to that Jason in my game, but it also blocked. That part 8 is very difficult for death squads compared to part 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

In the devs defense (I can't believe I actually just said that) they probably didn't expect killing Jason to become so rampant, and I don't blame them. If you had told me when I first started playing that in a couple of years counselors killing Jason would become so common that you have to treat every lobby like a kill-squad until proven otherwise, I'd have laughed and told you to fuck off because "That's not how this game is going to work. Jason does the killing, counselors do the dying". Yet a few nights ago, me and a couple of friends literally chased Jason down and killed him. Jason-motherfucking-Voorhees was actually running AWAY from counselors. He wasn't some brand new n00b who just got the game recently, this guy was a lv 150 who had months (if not years) of experience playing. It didn't help him much though because, experienced or not, the Jason-kill is ridiculously easy as long as you have at least two people that know what they're doing.

Edit: Skip to about 13:00 

I'm not denying that the Jason kill is easy. It's the easiest win condition in the game for counselors. But why in the hell did a level 150 Jason shift grab Tommy?! Are you kidding me? You have two Vanessa's (one with the sweater) standing there ready to punish your ass after Tommy PK's you, and you think it's a good idea to perform a shift grab? He may have been a 150, but he didn't act his level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

i have to agree. it is pretty stupid. at the very least, it shouldnt stun him.. bring the human sheilds back as well.

however, you can avoid this simply by looking around first before grabbing a knife, breaking a power box, ect.. if i see a brat waiting for me to grab a knife, i'll face the knife acting like ima grab it, with my camera facing the brat, then as they run up for the cheap shot, boom turn 180 & grab that fucker! its a great trick. also as you said, combat mode is the best way to avoid this for windows & doors. in many ways, its how the jason player plays. like killing jason is too easy in my opinion, but for the most part, its jasons fault for being reckless. for fighting a gang of 4 at once, or for falling for the same trick over & over. you must learn from mistakes. thats why i ended up using combat for doors & windows in the first place. then i was like wow this is way better haha..

Dude, I love using that trick. I use it a lot when I'm chasing after a counselor knowing there's another one behind me hurrying to hit me from behind.  I time it just as he or she is about to swing, spin and grab them. I will admit it's backfired a few times because I'm not watching where I'm actually going, but its worth it to me. Cheers and game on, my friends 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I'm not denying that the Jason kill is easy. It's the easiest win condition in the game for counselors. But why in the hell did a level 150 Jason shift grab Tommy?! Are you kidding me? You have two Vanessa's (one with the sweater) standing there ready to punish your ass after Tommy PK's you, and you think it's a good idea to perform a shift grab? He may have been a 150, but he didn't act his level.

It could be he didn't want to risk slashing a group that could have been stuffed with med sprays and was hoping to waste what little amount of pocket knives they had with surprise shift grabs, or he could have been betting the Tommy player had given his pocket knife to the sweater girl, a common tactic. People aren't always prepared for surprise shift grabs, so I don't blame him for trying that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Seriously, it just amazes me they thought making almost all of Jason’s moves punishable was a good idea. Did they realize they even did that or consider that was the wrong thing to do? 

I think it goes both ways as also counselors are vulnerable or have a death guarantee in certain situations. 

# nothing is easier than to hit a counselor who is climbing through a window with a knife.

# counselor trapped in a bear trap, easy to grab

# counselor in the water, after Jason upset the boat: clear death

in the end: no risk, no fun

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Wolledc said:

I think it goes both ways as also counselors are vulnerable or have a death guarantee in certain situations. 

# nothing is easier than to hit a counselor who is climbing through a window with a knife.

# counselor trapped in a bear trap, easy to grab

# counselor in the water, after Jason upset the boat: clear death

in the end: no risk, no fun

Yeah but all those you listed for counselors can be avoided and are situational. Jason is breaking doors, windows, and getting Pk stunned frequently. I don’t have much issue bc I use combat stance to break things. But it didn’t make any sense to me for the reg door breaking animation to break down a door to be punishable when Jason has to do it all the time. If we didn’t have combat stance to break things I wouldn’t want to play as jason and have to use the god awful regular animations the devs came up with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I'm not denying that the Jason kill is easy. It's the easiest win condition in the game for counselors. But why in the hell did a level 150 Jason shift grab Tommy?! Are you kidding me? You have two Vanessa's (one with the sweater) standing there ready to punish your ass after Tommy PK's you, and you think it's a good idea to perform a shift grab? He may have been a 150, but he didn't act his level.

I can only assume the reasoning behind it was "He probably only has the PK he spawns with, so if I can get rid of it, I can stall a little bit until they are low on stamina, then SG him again and kill him before anyone can save him".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wolledc said:

# nothing is easier than to hit a counselor who is climbing through a window with a knife.

And if you time it just right, it will make for a very easy kill (if they don’t have a pocket knife). 
 

 

 

I’ve done this several times. If you time the throw just right, it makes the counselor climb back through the window. Most of the time, I will let them climb back in and not take the easy kill. Not in these two clips though, lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Rain said:

Yesterday I had a similar confrontation playing with Jason. But they didn't kill me because, unlike I had part 3 and they were 2 players, not 3. I did something similar to that Jason in my game, but it also blocked. That part 8 is very difficult for death squads compared to part 3.

It's far easier to kill p8 than it is p3 or p4. Why? Weapon strength. An enraged p3/p4/Savini that's right on top of you slashing will end your Jason-kill real quick if there's no one close by with a shotgun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Yeah but all those you listed for counselors can be avoided and are situational.

@DontZzz34 how exactly do you avoid being drowned by Jason in the water after you have been pushed out of the boat by him?

Unless you have a „special waterproof pocket knife perk“, which does not exist, I do not see how?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Wolledc said:

@DontZzz34 how exactly do you avoid being drowned by Jason in the water after you have been pushed out of the boat by him?

Unless you have a „special waterproof pocket knife perk“, which does not exist, I do not see how?

by not taking the boat at all lolz I only take the boat if it’s a -water speed or neutral water speed Jason. If you take the boat on a + water speed Jason you are looking to die unless you got motor boating perk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, Gun has been nerfing Jason since the game dropped.  Adding unnecessary animations that turns Jason into a defenseless target to almost everything Jason does.

Gun's response was giving Jason 2 extra knives and a slight increase to run/walk speed which only the slowest counselors can't out jog. 

Gun's idea to buff Jason was to just make him invincible to stun in rage, not to remove any of the myriad opportunities for counselors to get free hits on him.  All it would take would be to add a few invincibility frames ate the end of Jason's stun animation to end chain stuns, but that's too much to ask.

It took a year for Gun to admit that Jason 7 was ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.  That title is now held by Jason 4 with both a crappy morph and shift.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

To be honest, Gun has been nerfing Jason since the game dropped.  Adding unnecessary animations that turns Jason into a defenseless target to almost everything Jason does.

Gun's response was giving Jason 2 extra knives and a slight increase to run/walk speed which only the slowest counselors can't out jog. 

Gun's idea to buff Jason was to just make him invincible to stun in rage, not to remove any of the myriad opportunities for counselors to get free hits on him.  All it would take would be to add a few invincibility frames ate the end of Jason's stun animation to end chain stuns, but that's too much to ask.

It took a year for Gun to admit that Jason 7 was ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.  That title is now held by Jason 4 with both a crappy morph and shift.

Well said. I agree completely. Jason should be OP. I’ve always wanted it to be a more movie like type game but it isn’t. Tbh, the game is kind of a joke when good teams of counselors over power Jason. JASON FUCKING VOORHEES

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Well said. I agree completely. Jason should be OP. I’ve always wanted it to be a more movie like type game but it isn’t. Tbh, the game is kind of a joke when good teams of counselors over power Jason. JASON FUCKING VOORHEES

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HaHaTrumpWon what a cruel degrading video from Jason’s perspective.

By watching it in complete length, you get the impression that Jason is just the little retarded boy from the past who still gets bullied around the camp by the counselors. Nothing has changed.

Ironical thought: the only missing object the devs didn’t consider: Jason should be THE ONE who is able to find the fuse, fix the phone and call the cops in order to escape by himself...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wolledc said:

@HaHaTrumpWon what a cruel degrading video from Jason’s perspective.

By watching it in complete length, you get the impression that Jason is just the little retarded boy from the past who still gets bullied around the camp by the counselors. Nothing has changed.

Ironical thought: the only missing object the devs didn’t consider: Jason should be THE ONE who is able to find the fuse, fix the phone and call the cops in order to escape by himself...

Videos like that one are Exhibit A for why the rage buff was so badly needed. To be fair, if I'm trying to kill Jason, I beat on him quite a bit (though I don't dance/tea-bag him unless he's a blatant and obvious teamer). The difference between me and the douchebags in the video is I stop once the mask breaks. Why wouldn't I? The mask is off, get Tommy and Sweater-Girl over here and his ass is done. If you continue to hit Jason, he's going to reach Rage-mode REALLY fast and this can easily torpedo your kill.

Here's a good example of what I mean: last night me and a couple of friends killed a Jason on the original Higgens map. The shack spawned on the island, we go over to the shore to wait for Jason to show up, he does, I shoot him, and we haul ass as fast as possible. He catches up to us just as we set foot inside the shack and begins slashing. The only reason we got the kill is because SG stunned him so I had time to heal up. Had he been in rage, he could have just continued slashing and that's a wrap. 

If you only attack enough to get the mask off, you still have the option of stunning him to buy a few seconds to use med spray. If you keep doing it after there's no reason to, all you're doing is totally fucking yourself over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

 

I’m guilty of stun dancing on Jason to so I can’t say too much 😂 but it got old after while same with escaping and killing Jason. Reason why I rarely play anymore unless I want to go for Jason games. 

This game should’ve been made entirely different imo. With the way they made it, the game is ass backwards. Counselors shouldn’t be able to gang up on Jason and whoop his ass and make him look like a bitch. And counselors running around like they’re retarded to dodge shifts and Jason shifting every time shift recharges gets to be repetitive after awhile and when you look at it, looks silly af. Same with all the nonsense in this game like sliding counselors looks ridiculous. I wish jason had infinite stalk, nerfed sense and shift, faster running speed, buffed combat, more abilities to break furniture and throw counselors, etc counselors have increase stealth and make it more of a game of cat and mouse and more emphasis on stalk kills and jump scaring counselors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...