TomDice

After playing the game for years, I admit, I’ve become a troll

How many of you will admit that you’ve become a troll. After playing the game for years and have done everything, I have entered trolldom. Exploiting all glitches, running people over with the car, always looking for new ways to make the game less boring. I know this frustrates new players, and for that I apologize. Anyone else?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, TomDice said:

How many of you will admit that you’ve become a troll. After playing the game for years and have done everything, I have entered trolldom. Exploiting all glitches, running people over with the car, always looking for new ways to make the game less boring. I know this frustrates new players, and for that I apologize. Anyone else?

No, in between family and a job i can't spend years playing something only to allow it to turn me into a dick !  Sounds like you should take up fishing or something . 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TomDice said:

If you find the game so boring that you have to resort to ruining everyone else’s experience, maybe you should just stop playing the game?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

If you find the game so boring that you have to resort to ruining everyone else’s experience, maybe you should just stop playing the game?

Ruining other peoples' fun is his fun.

I love the game too much but I only play when I have that free time and don't troll people because I don't talk to people while playing.

Because playing one of the other bajillion games out there isn't an option? You absolutely must be a douche canoe and wipe out players trying to have a fair match, because you're bored?

• Like 2

@TomDice Thanks for yr honesty, but I hope you don’t encourage any other players at all to follow yr steps.

If you have gotten so bored as you say with the game, what is the point in ruining other - mostly newer - players’ experiences?

Remember the time you started playing Friday 13th, would you have wanted to experience the same back then?

As @bryanp3692 pointed out: between family life and a busy job, a couple of matches per week is all I can spend by myself playing this game, but at level 150 with tones of XP instead of getting bored, I find more fun and satisfaction in playing a different way: to help new players, yesterday’s example

A Jason chased a Deborah (level 7). She  was already limping out of a cabin heading to another one. I ran to her, healed her and gave her my pocket knife and then distracted Jason for a few minutes. I got killed, came back as Tommy. As Tommy I fixed the 2seater, went looking for the keys and crossed ways again with Deborah, who had now put on the sweater. We changed weapons (rifle for axe), and we started to look for Jason. A Buggzy, obviously running around with the keys and a Tiffany (both 10-20 Level players) got away with the 2 seater, a Vanessa joined us, helped demasking Jason, got slashed and the Deb and I finally killed Jason together. 

For me, this game is still about teamwork and counselors‘ trusting each other. There are enough trolls out there, don’t become one of them just because of boredom.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TomDice said:

I dont use exploits but I will run people over with the car, I do let everyone know before the match is starting, and most get a kick out of it.

@wolledc I back that move too, and yes I’ve also helped new counselors as well. Especially if they have a chance to kill Jason. And I don’t try to run over just anyone typically, if someone is being racist, homophobic, or sexist in the game. The urge to ruin their fun is my highest priority. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wolledc said:

@TomDice Thanks for yr honesty, but I hope you don’t encourage any other players at all to follow yr steps.

If you have gotten so bored as you say with the game, what is the point in ruining other - mostly newer - players’ experiences?

Remember the time you started playing Friday 13th, would you have wanted to experience the same back then?

As @bryanp3692 pointed out: between family life and a busy job, a couple of matches per week is all I can spend by myself playing this game, but at level 150 with tones of XP instead of getting bored, I find more fun and satisfaction in playing a different way: to help new players, yesterday’s example

A Jason chased a Deborah (level 7). She  was already limping out of a cabin heading to another one. I ran to her, healed her and gave her my pocket knife and then distracted Jason for a few minutes. I got killed, came back as Tommy. As Tommy I fixed the 2seater, went looking for the keys and crossed ways again with Deborah, who had now put on the sweater. We changed weapons (rifle for axe), and we started to look for Jason. A Buggzy, obviously running around with the keys and a Tiffany (both 10-20 Level players) got away with the 2 seater, a Vanessa joined us, helped demasking Jason, got slashed and the Deb and I finally killed Jason together. 

For me, this game is still about teamwork and counselors‘ trusting each other. There are enough trolls out there, don’t become one of them just because of boredom.

when i started playing F13(1st hour it was released) you could kill each other with weapons....... Gun shot was instant death, , shooting jason while he grabbed someone was instant death......Ahhhh the good old days, jason had balls and nobody was safe from anything, now this game is a comedy

• Like 1

@TomDice all right then.

Couple of weeks ago 3 Buggzys were trolling the lobby, running around with the fuse without intention to fix the phone, running people over with cars, teaming with Jason, when one of them was chosen as Jason, etc. 

In the third Match with them I was the one with the keys, fixed the 4 seater and started looking for them. Saw 2 Buggzys of them (the 3rd was Jason) on the road. They tried to block the road (?), but I pressed down the accelerator as Hard as I could and enjoyed the sound of the double bump by running both of them over. Before I reached the exit, their Jason friend rage quitted.

so maybe I stand corrected: I always prefer teamplay, but a little bit of „trolling the trolls“ goes fine for me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Escaping got boring real fast for me. I only really like to troll Jason, survive the night, and play as jason if I play. I barely ever play this game anymore anyways. This game needs some touch ups for me to come back to it fully. 

I like to help my team of counselors when I’m counselor and not troll them and run them over that shit is lame. But If I troll Jason he’ll chase me and tunnel me while others fix things and escape and Jason will be frustrated at me heheh

6 hours ago, TomDice said:

How many of you will admit that you’ve become a troll. After playing the game for years and have done everything, I have entered trolldom. Exploiting all glitches, running people over with the car, always looking for new ways to make the game less boring. I know this frustrates new players, and for that I apologize. Anyone else

🍿😎🥤

• Like 1

I can't say I'd ever get to the point of trolling. I'd give the game up before things got "boring". I do take a break now and then to play other games. I recently went through DMC4 on my last break.

There's still joy in showing new players the ropes, even if one has done so a few hundred times.

Players have the right to play how they wish, as long as it is within the rules. Sometimes play styles and philosophies will clash.

• Like 5

Honestly, after this last few weeks of non stop trolls, the whole F13 game experience has pretty much been ruined for me. I thought I'd be playing this game for hours and hours a day until it died but the constant exploits are fucking lame. It's nearly impossible to play a match without at least one fucknut doing some kind of bullshit. F13 has been my main game since I got it a few months ago but now I'm just glad that Doom is coming out in a few weeks. F13 will become a once a week thing for me because the fun is dwindling since I can barely get any real matches anymore.

• Like 1

Its things like this that made me want to create my own server in Left 4 Dead 2 with the source engine via sourcemod. Sure, once some people realize they landed on a modded server, they try to troll before they get inevitably banned or they'll do it to get banned immediately. However the point is with zero tolerance for trolling, I control the game, not the players. That's the problem with vanilla servers in any game setting. The lawlessness nature of the servers allow trolls to take over games. Make no mistake, if this game had a modded server scene, the same kind of thing would happen and with the much lower playerbase, games would be even harder to find. That said, obviously you have madmins out there (admins who use their own servers to troll), but by and large, trolls like to play on vanilla servers because they know they can control the game with little effort and no fear of a ban hammer.

With the amount of team killing, teaming, glitchers and abusers that run around this game. If I ran my own unreal engine server, the ban hammer would be swinging left and right. In a way, its probably a good thing this game doesn't have a modded server scene, because the already low playerbase would be fractured even more. However you'd have to wonder if people would've been better behaved if they knew admins could make them lobby hop more instead of trolling more and behavior might've been better as a result. That, or more players would become madmins. One or the other.

• Like 1

If I am in a game with teamers/trolls, depending on the general level it, I do go full bore and empty the clip! I will run you over, I will troll you. 

Apart from that I play hard and fair.

i have considered a heel turn before just to have a little fun. i wouldnt do it to troll, the idea would be to kill more people than jason. setting EVIL traps & getting behind the wheel of an EVIL car... but.. i can never bring myself to do it..

i play clean & try to help when i can, sometimes dying in the process. risking your life to help the new players is a game all in itself. one thing i love doing, is if i started out next to an AFK player, i push them around with me & try to keep them alive. very fun game to play. once i ran around the garage/boathouse area of crystal lake fixing the car. everytime i ran by the afk guy, i bumped into them so they wouldnt time out. a friend of mine was on his way with the keys, just before they got there with the keys, afk guy sprung to life. i flicked my light at them, they followed me & we all escaped. can you imagine coming back to your game way late & having a ride strait outta there? totaly awesome. the best was when i pushed them all the way to the cop exit. believe it or not. the best way to do this is croutching behind them & croutch walking to push them. it gives you complete controll. every other time i have failed but hey its very challenging & basicly requires alot of luck. if jason finds you, youre pretty much screwed trying to defend afk guy.

i must say, i have quinched my thurst for blood many times before in the name of justice. like when i got a dumb dumb following me around hitting me for no reason. as they swing, i push them towards my door trap a few times & take them right out the game. if i see fit to run down a troublsome brat, i murder them in cold blood. sometimes ya just gotta do it, i mean c'mon.. in these cases, i dont mind doing some dirt.

as far as trolling & that kinda thing goes, im only interested in going toe to toe with jason for the higher kill count. i think trolling is stupid. but being a serial killer out for the blood of my peers? i may consider.. maybe one day i'll start killing everybody as devil tiffany or something.. it seems like alot of fun.. it also goes against everything ive fought for in this game!

On 3/2/2020 at 5:13 PM, TomDice said:

A bold post.

It would be even bolder if you posted your Steam/PSN screen name, however...

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 5:13 PM, TomDice said:

Running people over with the car doesn't make someone a troll, it makes them a useless pile of shit. Your boredom doesn't give you the right to fuck up the game for others. 

• Like 4

i've always felt sorry for new players who start playing f13 nowadays. i think those of us who got to play the game when it first came out should be grateful because imagine playing it now with all of this going on. 

but to answer the topic, the devs won't do anything about it so people are free to do what they want in the game and at the end of the day, the game is literally dead anyways so you might as well do what you want to do. 

On 3/3/2020 at 5:35 PM, masterkeef42o said:

Honestly, after this last few weeks of non stop trolls, the whole F13 game experience has pretty much been ruined for me. I thought I'd be playing this game for hours and hours a day until it died but the constant exploits are fucking lame. It's nearly impossible to play a match without at least one fucknut doing some kind of bullshit. F13 has been my main game since I got it a few months ago but now I'm just glad that Doom is coming out in a few weeks. F13 will become a once a week thing for me because the fun is dwindling since I can barely get any real matches anymore.

it's a shame that you only just came across it, trust me, early days the game was fantastic. i always thought there should've been a skill cap or ranking system because there's always level 1-10's going up against 150 players which i always found was unfair. 

• Like 1