Sign in to follow this  
Wolledc

Boats getting stuck at the shore

If you take the boat and steer it directly to the exit, you won’t face any problems (except you encounter Jason in the water of course).

But, what I often see in the matches are counselors being too clumsy to operate or turn around the boat (due to wrong direction) and they often end up at the shore/beach and the boat then becomes unmanageable, with the boat escape option off the table.

are there any tricks to get the boat manageable again?  Or is it just another bug being there around that I don’t remember?

Nope, if it gets on the shore it’s grounded and stuck. You can’t push it in the water. If you look at the objectives list I believe it’s marked as destroyed.

If Jason is coming for you it’s best to get close but not touching the shore, jump out and swim to the shore and run for your life. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks, it’s a pity the devs didn’t implement some kind of a QTE mini game for this situation, like when you repair the car/boat/fuse or like you have to keep pressed a button for calling tommy / police in order to get the boat free again.

I totally know what you mean. I though the same thing when this first came out. It should be a push to the water QTE, maybe make it require two counselors.  But still, the boat is still the best escape. 

Yeah boat bugs have been problem since the game released. I'm sure there have been "patches" that were ment to fix them but sadly all they ever seem to do is rotate them hehe.