GamingNerd93

How did you stop counsoler players from suiciding, either as Jason or counsoler

How do yall stop suicides, what is your method of preventing that? Any match I'm in as a counsoler or Jason, I've seen some players suiciding to troll Jason. How I've stopped it as a counsoler, I take away the trap they've set so they cant step in it, I also bodyblock the broken window so they wont climb in and out. As jason,  get in stalk mode while in a cabin, wait by the window, then grab kill them or if they're outside crippled, I aim the knife at them, bam kill counted.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, GamingNerd93 said:

How do yall stop suicides, what is your method of preventing that? Any match I'm in as a counsoler or Jason, I've seen some players suiciding to troll Jason. How I've stopped it as a counsoler, I take away the trap they've set so they cant step in it, I also bodyblock the broken window so they wont climb in and out. As jason,  get in stalk mode while in a cabin, wait by the window, then grab kill them or if they're outside crippled, I aim the knife at them, bam kill counted.

If a counselor is crawling through a broken window, I usually R2 or knife them just before the animation completes.  If they're inside a locked cabin standing next to a trap, there's not really much you can do if the doors still barricaded. If it's not you can try Stalk-Shifting. 

3 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If a counselor is crawling through a broken window, I usually R2 or knife them just before the animation completes.  If they're inside a locked cabin standing next to a trap, there's not really much you can do if the doors still barricaded. If it's not you can try Stalk-Shifting. 

@HaHaTrumpWon Stalk shifting does work, I've tried this against counsolers who were attempting suicide, they've gotten so salty. If I'm playing a Jason with plus destruction, I usually double tap unsearched cabin doors so they wont be able to barricade the door. 

People who wanna suicide are gonna do it, no matter the responses from other players. I just move on to new lobbies when I see it happening. Either that, or I see them get run down by other players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's near impossible to stop anyone from suiciding either as counselor or Jason.I happened to do it yesterday as Jason as I noticed a Debbie crawling through a broken window 2 times so I threw a knife just as they were about to crawl back a 3rd time and probably have suicided but I got the kill.

yeah, knife/slash or knife/grab kill. The only thing with knife/grab is you risk them having a knife and climbing out once more for the suicide and prob a troll comment after. I don't worry too much about suicides though. I still consider it a kill even though I don't get points.

Skip to about the last 5 minutes or so. I had two counselors try and cheat me out of a kill via suicide and they both failed.

I recall one time when I told a youth new to the game that I'd report him if he played the suicide card. He thought twice about it.

I'm amazed at the people I encounter in Quick Play sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GamingNerd93 said:

This is something I would be doing if I saw a random player do this if i was a counsoler 

Why would you waste your health spray on them? 

Not sure, what this fellow‘s original intention was in the first place (other than becoming TJ), but his behavior does not make sense (Jason wasn’t even around and if he is willing to suicide, why not just jump through some closed windows, instead of limping around for 2 minutes).

I wouldn’t bother with them at all (playing as a counselor), but go for the objectives or assist the more reasonable playing counselors.

Almost for got about this one. Here's a Vanessa that was going to try a suicide, lol.

@Wolledc, I agree, I wouldn't have waisted a health spray on someone who was just going to continue trying to suicide. But had Jason been there and he was about to step in the trap as Jason approached, I definitely would have sprayed him, lol.

47 minutes ago, Wolledc said:

Why would you waste your health spray on them? 

Not sure, what this fellow‘s original intention was in the first place (other than becoming TJ), but his behavior does not make sense (Jason wasn’t even around and if he is willing to suicide, why not just jump through some closed windows, instead of limping around for 2 minutes).

I wouldn’t bother with them at all (playing as a counselor), but go for the objectives or assist the more reasonable playing counselors.

@WolledcThis was before the rage buff, and the ability to stop players from becoming tommy jarvis if they suicide. The mitch in this video was intentionally doing it to troll Jason and deny him the kill, so this Deborah player was doing everything to prevent him from doing it. He probably did it to end the match quick and so he can become Jason in a next round.

I personally think suicides should count towards Jason's kills.  That counselor obviously saw no other way out and took themselves out, so indirectly, Jason caused their death.  Just my opinion though.  I feel like that would stop some suicides if they knew it would give Jason credit.

1 hour ago, gmintz09 said:

I feel like that would stop some suicides if they knew it would give Jason credit.

It would absolutely stop suiciding. They're only doing it to deny Jason the kill. The only problem with that is, as soon as the suicide is tallied as a Jason kill, they will start leaving the match right before Jason gets them. That's actually better IMO. If they leave the match, you don't have to deal with them anymore.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

It would absolutely stop suiciding. They're only doing it to deny Jason the kill. The only problem with that is, as soon as the suicide is tallied as a Jason kill, they will start leaving the match right before Jason gets them. That's actually better IMO. If they leave the match, you don't have to deal with them anymore.

They do that now though. I see more people DC when grabbed than I see suicides. But I agree suicides should give Jason cp/xp.

I fail to see how counting suicides as kills will do anything whatsoever. Counselors who suicide to troll Jason aren't doing it to deprive him of the score/kill-count, but to deprive him of actually performing the kill himself. They don't care if it gets counted as a kill, they care that that he didn't get to do it himself.

Jason should earn his kills by performing them (or being responsible for setting the bear traps at the right spots). 

Jason shouldn’t get them just credited, if he isn’t even around.