MattP

Jason Weapon Selection - Advantages Or Not?

Hi there,

This was posted on the Official Friday the 13th: The Game Twitter account 12 May 2018:

Jason Weapon Selection is a level 113 unlock. Jason Strengths & Weaknesses are tied to Jason and not to weapons.

https://twitter.com/friday13thgame/status/995029378915545088?lang=en

I take that comment to mean that Jason Part 3, Jason Part 4 and Jason Part 7 do not lose their Weapon Strength when they are equipped with an alternate weapon. I also take it to mean that equipping any other Jason with any of the weapons belonging to Jason Part 3, Jason Part 4 and Jason Part 7 does not give that other Jason Weapon Strength. Have I understood that correctly?

Aside from Weapon Strength being non-transferable - are there other weapon qualities or effects that do transfer between Jasons when using Weapon Select at/after level 113? For example do some weapons have a longer reach or are they wielded faster and do these qualities create an advantage when using that weapon? Do people on this forum have a genuine weapon preference which doesn't only relate to how the weapon looks?

I have a couple of other totally unrelated questions:

1. I play on my Nintendo Switch. Am I only playing against other Switch players or is this game cross-platform?

2. Does anyone know when the next double XP event is (perhaps Friday 13 March 2020)? 

Thanks for your help.

Matt P

The spear is longer then other weapons but has a slower wind up. The Fire Axe seems at least to me to have a wider arc than the other Axes. The machete attacks the quickest and makes short work of doors but doesn't have the best reach. Weapon swapping is great. Especially if you're playing a Jason that has a weapon that isn't very ideal like Part 5. Some weapons receive more love then others. I recommend experimenting with the bots once you unlocked weapon swapping to see what your favorite is with your best Jason. 

Strengths/Weaknesses are for the Jason, not the weapon. Changing weapons simply changes what attack types there are and the range/reach of the weapon. For example the hitbox for the pickaxe is somewhat wider than other one/two handed weapons, so you could kind of catch people are more "awkward" angles with it compared to an axe or machete.

1 hour ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

I swear the Pick Axe and Spear get stuck on thin air and puts you into the stuck weapon animation a lot more often than any other weapons.

I'd say it's because the hitbox is bigger. More things to get stuck on.

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

I am now just a few Levels away from weapon selection - so I will soon have some practical knowledge on the matter. Looking forward to it.

Matt

the machete, the pig splitter, & the fire axe work best for me. if you like combat stance choppin brats thru windows & combat choppin doors apart, these three weapons are great. i rarely use other weapons, sadly. i do love the pick axe & the spear, but they are a bit clunky if ya ask me. it takes some practice to know where to stand for a good window/door chop with those weapons, in my experience anyways.