So a couple things, I’m new to the forum so I’m excited to get the input of others that have way more game hours logged than I. Is there a certain damage output that causes a weapon to break? Or is it based on the luck stat? I main as Bugzy and my “job” of the group I play with is to de mask Jason. Last night I did some REPETITIVE trial and research. I have legendary thrasher (+25% axe dmg) legendary sucker punch (+24% stn chance & +3% weapon dmg) and rare slugger (+11% dmg) and from what I can tell they all stack accordingly for a 39% dmg boost. I can grab an axe and de mask a Jason in 2 hits. Time and time again held true during testing. But every single time the axe broke on the second hit when his mask fell off. And there was a lot of time grinding this to get consistent results. Machete was usually 2 hits to de mask but always broke on the second hit too. Baseball bat, no de mask but always broke on the second hit as well. Every single hit with any weapon he falls. But is it just bad luck they always break on hit 2? Also I was in combat stance each time. Is there a way to try and hold onto my weapon a bit longer? 

Weapons are based on luck. 

Buggzy will get 2 axe hits before the axe breaks.  Which as you know, is all you need to de-mask any Jason.  Sometimes you can do it in one axe hit, your perks vs a Part 9 for example, will be a one hit de-mask. 

Any weapon with Buggzy will break in 2 hits, except the frying pan, that will break in 1 hit.  It breaks in 1 hit with everyone except Chad from what I can remember.  Chad will get 2 frying pan hits. 

Chad, also, because of his luck gets like 5 baseball bat hits before it breaks.  Not that you want to be smacking around Jason that much anyway. 

Welcome to the forums.

Here is some general information if you haven't found these yet.  It is outdated (such as bats no longer 100% stun, but it's still very high), but most of the information still applies to the game.

Jason: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=959294962

Counselors: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=938559619

Also some addition info, every stun hit does minimal damage ( I'm not sure of it's values, but its significantly low), while every non-stun hit does full damage.  The axe does the same damage as the machete, but it's stun rate is much higher, making the machete the better demask weapon until Jason gets rage.