Sign in to follow this  
SCREWNUT

Friday the 13th Books/Comics

Freddy vs Jason vs Ash Graphic Novel and it was a lot better of a story then I was expecting , plus I love comic book art , so with it being about 3 of my favorite Horror Icons ... sweet .

Those books you posted there , I didn't even know they existed , but they look pretty damn cool . I will have to see if I can find them or at least find the stories to read . 

F vs J vs Ash Graphic Novel Cover 

freddygn.jpg

I have that comic!  I loved it.  Especially since they tied it in to the Freddy Vs Jason movie.  Ash is at his best as he tackles Freddy and Jason.  ha ha.  They made a sequel titled Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash: The Nightmare Warriors.

As for the books, neither did I!  I've tried looking for them on Amazon.ca and a few other Canadian book sites as well as Canadian Ebay and Kijiji.  No luck.  As for the official movie novels I had book one to three as pre-teen but sadly they didn't survive the trials of time!  :(

We got the graphic novels, at least one of them, to read here. Pretty interesting stuff with what they did on the history of Camp Crystal Lake (Wes touched on that a bit earlier if you read an earlier thread). A lot of lore to explore with the franchise, and its all pretty well done, too! 

• Like 1

We got the graphic novels, at least one of them, to read here. Pretty interesting stuff with what they did on the history of Camp Crystal Lake (Wes touched on that a bit earlier if you read an earlier thread). A lot of lore to explore with the franchise, and its all pretty well done, too! 

Yeah.  It was pretty neat how they tied it in to Freddy Vs Jason.   I have half an urge to "search" the internet so I can read all the Friday the 13th comic books and see what they are like since most of them are out of print.  I know the movie novels and those Young Adult novels are very much out of print. 

I managed to get ahold of almost all of the comics (not counting variant covers, which Avatar Press was obsessed with) and novels a few years ago. About all I'm missing are a couple of the novelizations, and the comic adaptation of Jason Goes to Hell.

http://fridaythe13th.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:_Novels

http://fridaythe13th.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Comics

• Like 1

I managed to get ahold of almost all of the comics (not counting variant covers, which Avatar Press was obsessed with) and novels a few years ago. About all I'm missing are a couple of the novelizations, and the comic adaptation of Jason Goes to Hell.

http://fridaythe13th.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:_Novels

http://fridaythe13th.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Comics

That's so cool.  I think I still have issue 1 and 3 of "Jason Goes to Hell" comics.   Never did find issue #2.  :(

All F13 comics are fantastic, but I never managed to read any of the novels. Heard they're good, though.

I read the above F13 novels and still have them. They're pretty decent though I've never been a fan of the idea of Jason possessing people to kill.

Black Flame's F13 novels were mostly good, with Church Of The Divine Psychopath and Hate-Kill-Repeat both being awesome. I'd love to see them made into films. Hell Lake and The Jason Strain were both stinkbombs, though.

I made this comic years ago for fun lol. I actually put together a good story for both of them to showdown lol I know it sounds awkward but it worked. I gave Predator that "Maxx" style.

8b9207f9ddecd7f4b3d6ce990b10584e.jpg

I made this comic years ago for fun lol. I actually put together a good story for both of them to showdown lol I know it sounds awkward but it worked. I gave Predator that "Maxx" style.

Woah, where can we read those?

Woah, where can we read those?

They're on my pc somewhere lol they were created digitally. They are lost in the masses of files and artwork ive got scattered about. i may try to recreate them at some point, there was only 3 issues.

My favorite slasher villain and favorite movie monster in the same comic? Must read.

They're pretty decent though I've never been a fan of the idea of Jason possessing people to kill.

That sounds pretty radical, actually.

That sounds pretty radical, actually.

I just prefer Jason to be himself. The novels I think were written not too long after JGTH, so the possession motif enjoyed a bit of popularity it seems.

Not saying I would like that to be a thing in the movies, but it's cool to have Jason with magical powers, and considering what the FvJvA comics say, it would make sense to have him have superpowers. Superman ain't got nothing on Mr Voorhees.

I've read all the Wildstorm comics, and the Avatar stuff. If you're looking for quick recommendations, the ones to go for are Pamela's Tale and How I Spent My Summer Vacation.

If you want a more detailed rundown, you could start by reading this - Long Box at Camp Blood

[/shameless self promotion]