Sign in to follow this  
Torashii

Abusable counselor exploit glitch where they're not actually there

Has anyone encountered this or know how this glitch is being exploited? I've come across this multiple times (and even seen exploited by streamers on twitch) where they'll do an counselor animation like fixing the car battery or calling the cops. When Jason tries to swing or grab, they're not actually there so his attacks go through even though they'll still continue to do the animation. While doing this glitch, the counselor is actually moving around the map unseen. You also can't see where they are either while spectating because it'll only show you the counselor doing said animation. The one streamer I witnessed doing this admitted that he was moving around despite there showing no rings or camera angles to see him. He also said he won't ever reveal how he's done it because it'll "spoil" the fun and ruin his way of playing. Not really sure how they do it but it'd be good to bring awareness and possibly a fix.

edit: a more recent match I've encountered shows an Adam abusing the exploit "fixing the power box" or "opening drawers" and it'll actually show their character moving around while stuck in the animation so it isn't just limited to said actions above. I unfortunately wasn't able to clip it. :(

38 minutes ago, Torashii said:

He also said he won't ever reveal how he's done it because it'll "spoil" the fun and ruin his way of playing.

Translation: "I'm a whiny little bitch and I suck balls at this game. To make up for it, I'm going to cheat instead of playing fair because if I played fair, Jason would violate me like a parking meter."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I might’ve seen this once on a video but I don’t know if it’s the same as you’re referring to. Can you post the link to the video? 

ive seen players doing this with weapons. im not totaly sure, but it seemed when i grabbed a wee bit behind where he appeared, i got the slimey sucker. again, this may not be the solution, for i havent been able to test this again & i just got lucky the time this happened. i have also been known to be totaly wrong sometimes! i havent ran into this as jason since but have seen it quite a bit. its some really cheap ass lame shit, just for the record.

another tip for a similar case: when someone is glitched under a bed where they appear to be standing in the bed, if you stand at the bed like you would if you were trying to seek & destroy them, move your camera angle all around the bed. you may have to move the camera slowly & spam the action button, but the promt should appear while youre doing this. its basicly like you have to serch for a hidden promt.

have a wonderfully murderous day.

edit: just realized while the glitches are similar, the one i discribed isnt the same as the topic of this post, even though they may both be done using the same dirty tricks..

On 2/21/2020 at 11:12 AM, masterkeef42o said:

You should post a link to their video so we can grab the evidence and send it to the right people

On 2/21/2020 at 1:08 PM, FridayThe31st said:

I might’ve seen this once on a video but I don’t know if it’s the same as you’re referring to. Can you post the link to the video? 

It was on Twitch so I'll try my best to dig through past streams and clip a video of it. The person I was watching play wasn't the one abusing the glitch but it was their friend who was doing the exploit so it'll be hard to tell how they did it but you can still see how Jason can't hit them and phases through them when they're doing the fix the battery animation. But close to the end of the game, you'll actually see him in a different location than the one you'd first see him because he'd stop and actually did something else like pick up a baseball bat.

• Thanks 1

Yes, have seen counselors have a few tricks up there sleeves for escaping. Slipping by the patch team.

homealonetraps-660x330.jpg

83734683.gif

tools.gif

tenor.gif