Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

So What Do You Think Happened To The 'Beyond' Streams?

Remember when these were a thing? Kinda like how when Randy was still employed and played/streamed with the playerbase in the first year or so of the game's existence...then it just stops happening without any explanation and total silence?

Remember when this was supposed to be a weekly thing with two episodes. One for talking about 'news' on Tuesday and the other for playing games on Thursday?

What do you think happened here?

1. Wes got tired of the content questions invading the streams...so he peaced out of the community interaction all together and the forums by extension

2. Matt had no real information to give about the game anymore that wasn't just some form of stock answers in terms of what Black Tower is actually working on

3. They ran out of games to play on Thursday

4. Wes went on a permanent vacation

5. Other

This just randomly stopped without any real explanation.

• Like 1

I don't know why it went away, but I would tend to agree with points 1 and 2.

It has to get exhausting answering the content questions over and over again. Several times from the same individuals. I understand there are new players coming onboard and they aren't aware of the lawsuit, but the stop of content news has been plastered all over the internet and social media since the day it was announced.

As for point 2, I honestly think this may be a bigger contributor to why the Beyond Stream stopped. Matt really doesn't have much more info to add other than what is being worked on and he does a decent job communicating what he is allowed to on the forums and their Twitch feed.

I honestly think they should have kept the Beyond Stream going, but maybe drop it to once every two weeks or once a month. At this point, if they still had the Stream going every week, it would pretty much only be answering live questions because there isn't much they can add other than bug/glitch fixes updates. That would take all of about five minutes to cover, and the rest of the time would be them answering the same old questions about the possibility of new content for the remainder of the stream.

• Thanks 1

It's just how Gun operates.

They come in with fire and fury, then they get bored of it and leave.

I can understand about the constant questions about "new content" from the trolls, but just assign a person to mod chat and ban them, and put it to follower only mode with a time limit of you have to have followed for XXX minutes/hours/days to chat. 

People on Twitch/Mixer/YouTube/etc can deal with trolls and still make content all the time, but Gun moves on the moment people stop kissing their asses and start asking real questions about what they are doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Gun Media isn't currently publishing a game(that I know of), so don't think there is much for them to talk about. Maybe if a new release is announced it would start back up again. Layers of Fear 2 has come and gone, and nothing new with F13 but bug fixes every couple of months.  

• Thanks 1

Im hoping Beyond the Stream returns on March Friday the 13th.

I Suspect the reason behind the awkward silence from Gun Media is because A HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT A HUGE HORROR FRANCHISE VIDEO GAME IS GOING TO BE ANNOUNCED.

Ive made secret plans to upload my own podcast broadcast about my ideas on the forum.

Ill be broadcasting from my bedroom.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

1. Wes got tired of the content questions invading the streams...so he peaced out of the community interaction all together and the forums by extension  I could see that being likely. If someone asked me the same questions over and over, I'd tire of it as well.

2. Matt had no real information to give about the game anymore that wasn't just some form of stock answers in terms of what Black Tower is actually working on  There's only so much that one can say before silence is inevitable. I'd take the silence over the lashing out over the "Jason is too weak" discussion every time it gets brought up on the forum.

I think lack of time to stream gaming once a week is more likely than running out of games to play.

4. Wes went on a permanent vacation Taking a sabbatical to find inspiration for a future project seems possible.

5. Other

I'm not surprised. I hope there is a decent reason, but I'm prepared if there isn't.

7 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@mattshotcha care to chime in?

I know I asked a while back if Beyond would be returning and never got an answer....

I was waiting to see a response on this as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Ive made secret plans to upload my own podcast broadcast about my ideas on the forum.

Ill be broadcasting from my bedroom.

Now that your plans aren’t secret anymore, when are you gonna broadcast? 

8 hours ago, Wolledc said:

Now that your plans aren’t secret anymore, when are you gonna broadcast? 

not soon. i want to show off my action figures and explain my theories of Jason and camp crystal lake.

i want to show off my friday the 13th collection.

i want to show off my Heavy metal collection,Black Metal etc.

i want to talk to others about Jason's strange supernatural experiences.

I Want to talk about the strange occurences from the realms beyond in camp crystal lake.

On 2/18/2020 at 8:50 AM, tyrant666 said:

Remember when these were a thing? Kinda like how when Randy was still employed and played/streamed with the playerbase in the first year or so of the game's existence...then it just stops happening without any explanation and total silence?

Remember when this was supposed to be a weekly thing with two episodes. One for talking about 'news' on Tuesday and the other for playing games on Thursday?

1. Wes got tired of the content questions invading the streams...so he peaced out of the community interaction all together and the forums by extension

2. Matt had no real information to give about the game anymore that wasn't just some form of stock answers in terms of what Black Tower is actually working on

4. Wes went on a permanent vacation

5. Other

First of all, we ran more than 25 episodes of each show, with each episode being roughly an hour or more. Bare minimum, that's 500 hours of streamed content for a game that is in it's late stages. The live content from Gun requires a significant time sink for multiple people and while we haven't announced what we're working on next, we're still working on what is next.

Short answer, Friday the 13th: The Game is in the very late stages of it's life cycle. Layers of Fear 2 is a single player narrative experience that we covered, but don't stream in it's entirety due to spoiling the game for our community. At this stage, even with only me on camera and our support reps in chat, the time investment for live content with minimal news, no new F13 content, and no "Next" announcement just yet is not an optimal use of time. As it stands, I'm more than just "stream guy" here at Gun. I have various responsibilities aside from just clicking the live button.

Tyrant, we've gone round and round with each other a good bit on the forums. But this post is not just intentionally stirring up trouble, it's also willfully ignorant to things that have been discussed in great detail and presented as a pointed, underhanded insult. Just looking at your assumptions shows that you're making the thread to take a shot at us. Just letting you know that I see what you're doing and it's not going to last.

On 2/18/2020 at 9:39 AM, ChaosLordWesker said:

It's just how Gun operates.

They come in with fire and fury, then they get bored of it and leave.

I can understand about the constant questions about "new content" from the trolls, but just assign a person to mod chat and ban them, and put it to follower only mode with a time limit of you have to have followed for XXX minutes/hours/days to chat. 

People on Twitch/Mixer/YouTube/etc can deal with trolls and still make content all the time, but Gun moves on the moment people stop kissing their asses and start asking real questions about what they are doing.

Wesker, it has nothing to do with ass kissing. There is little to no time spent working on F13 where all we do is get our asses kissed, believe me.

This is again absurd due to the fact that we put out 500 hours of content on a title that is stuck in the legal purgatory that F13 is.

Gang, I've streamed for brands my entire Community career. Thousands and thousands of hours. Chat and awkward questions don't bother me. They're a part of the live environment and they present an opportunity to answer and have a lot of people see, hear, etc. They also present opportunities to have an archive of those answers, thanks to VoDs and clips. But I feel like, as crazy as it sounds, that I need to remind everyone here that F13 is over 2 years past a stoppage in content. 

On 2/18/2020 at 10:08 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

Gun Media isn't currently publishing a game(that I know of), so don't think there is much for them to talk about. Maybe if a new release is announced it would start back up again. Layers of Fear 2 has come and gone, and nothing new with F13 but bug fixes every couple of months.  

Streaming is a part of our greater content strategy at Gun. But the live content is on hold until the next project is public and ready to discuss.

21 hours ago, malloymk said:

Dev Diaries #1 says hi.

Still waiting for #2. Lol.

Dev is short for development. Are you waiting for the bug fix and balancing diary? We're well past that. I was not here when the Dev Diaries were done, so I cannot comment on why they halted without more info. But this is a bit of a stretch gripe to bring up now.

11 hours ago, Fair Play said:

There's only so much that one can say before silence is inevitable. I'd take the silence over the lashing out over the "Jason is too weak" discussion every time it gets brought up on the forum.

I was waiting to see a response on this as well.

Lashing out? I don't feel I ever "lashed out" at you for the discussion. That topic has a tendency to turn in circles and that can become repetitive. Still, I think in time you'll realize that I have advocated for that group in our community to the fullest extent of my position. I've read, replied, reported, and researched the topic to an extent that I feel has covered it fully. I can't imagine a scenario where silence would be better than having an advocate at the studio behind the game you're playing.

16 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Tyrant, we've gone round and round with each other a good bit on the forums. But this post is not just intentionally stirring up trouble, it's also willfully ignorant to things that have been discussed in great detail and presented as a pointed, underhanded insult. Just looking at your assumptions shows that you're making the thread to take a shot at us. Just letting you know that I see what you're doing and it's not going to last.

You got it wrong. I suppose I could've worded it differently to look less like a personal, sarcastic/snarky attack. I know you can only tell us what you know.

Just that when you look at the history of communication. Whether its you or Shifty before you or Ben before that, etc down the line. Things only get talked about or addressed when someone puts pressure on to answer it. Whether it was dedicated servers on consoles after launch, the Savini code thing much later, etc. I think people would be less likely to be snarky about things if the answer just came sooner.

When Randy stopped streaming the game with the playerbase, nobody really got an explanation as to why until a great deal after. When you guys consistently put out episodes talking about this game, Layers of Fear 2 and then the streaming of other games on Thursday and it suddenly stops...people wanna know why.

The last patch was a step in the right direction for the most part. You answered the question I asked here and that's fine.

• Thanks 1

Mine wasn't a gripe about me waiting for dev diary 2. It was more of a statement that a lot of what you guys do is over promise and under deliver. 

I'm not mad. Just giving you guys some rightfully deserved crap about it. 

Dev Diaries

Paranoia

Uber and Grendal

The bug fixes have been cool. Keep that up. 

Also, you guys should release Savini Jason to everyone. Just kidding!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

Lashing out? I don't feel I ever "lashed out" at you for the discussion. That topic has a tendency to turn in circles and that can become repetitive. Still, I think in time you'll realize that I have advocated for that group in our community to the fullest extent of my position. I've read, replied, reported, and researched the topic to an extent that I feel has covered it fully. I can't imagine a scenario where silence would be better than having an advocate at the studio behind the game you're playing.

I never said that you were lashing out at myself specifically. You gave a shout out to me in the very first Beyond stream. I'll be grateful for that always.

I have observed that when certain topics are brought up, things can get a bit heated on both sides. Part of that is due to the choice of words on each side. Many members of the community don't doubt your commitment to your job. There are just concerns when lengthy periods of silence come about.

Appeasing a disappointed group of people is not an easy thing to do. We get that. Sometimes frustration will surface on both sides. Questions people want answers to will make things awkward.

18 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

So I am still confused.....are Beyond Streams coming back eventually or No?...lol

Im thinking of doing my own broadcasts from my bedroom.

but my broadcasts do not represent gunmedia or any employess of Gun Medias company.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

So I am still confused.....are Beyond Streams coming back eventually or No?...lol

When they announce Halloween: The Game... 😉😀

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

When they announce Halloween: The Game... 😉😀

You just couldn’t help yourself huh? 😉 

@Strigoi I am definitely not interested in any broadcast that’s coming from your bedroom.......not sure but this might be your creepiest post yet.

• Haha 3

1) there are no new games for them to talk about yet

2) the changes to F13 are so insignificant that it doesn't make sense to make a stream

3) they don't really play/like the game very much

Sidenote - Guys, Strigoi made a post saying he has mental health issues so take it easy on him.

Edited by F134Ever86
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

You just couldn’t help yourself huh? 😉 

@Strigoi I am definitely not interested in any broadcast that’s coming from your bedroom.......not sure but this might be your creepiest post yet.

Very funny. my post about broadcasting from my bedroom was not meant in anyway to have weird overtones.

My Horror and heavy metal posters are in my room with my action figures and friday the 13th memorbillia.

I Having shocking revelations to reveal about Jason's supernaturalism.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Very funny. my post about broadcasting from my bedroom was not meant in anyway to have weird overtones.

My Horror and heavy metal posters are in my room with my action figures and friday the 13th memorbillia.

I Having shocking revelations to reveal about Jason's supernaturalism.

Cool 😎.

I am down with seeing your f13 memorabilia and action figures.

38 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Cool 😎.

I am down with seeing your f13 memorabilia and action figures.

I'm always up for a good memorabilia display.

19 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Nowhere in my post did I mention anything about you broadcasting yourself. I mentioned that a good memorabilia display of action figures or collectibles would be appealing to see. Several members of this forum have shared their collections with us. The ones I have seen so far have proven to be fascinating.

Consider cutting down on the detailing of topics. We have an Off Topic section for a reason.