Sign in to follow this  
PowellCampsNAKED

What does the skill “Luck” actually do?

37 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

My daughter asked me this last night and I sat there itching my head and stupidly said “finding items in draws”? 

Haha  I wish, If that was true I'd main Chad just for the PK odds :P

Luck is mainly for Weapon durability, Chad for example, get more Bat swings (5) than any other counselor.  It also slightly helps w/ starting car and reduce stumbling.

• Thanks 1

better chance for easy skill check too ive noticed. I spam it 2 or 3 times at most and get a 5-6 bar check. Not bad for a 2 repair character and the wheel moves pretty fast.

Luck

• Increased weapon durability.

• Slightly increases the amount of Stamina gained for breaking out of Jason's grab.

• Slightly increases the amount of Stamina gained from hitting Jason with a melee weapon (the amount is very minuscule).

• Decreases the time needed to start a repaired car or boat.

• Luck has no bearing whatsoever on stun chance; (until today I thought it did lol)

2 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

better chance for easy skill check too ive noticed. I spam it 2 or 3 times at most and get a 5-6 bar check. Not bad for a 2 repair character and the wheel moves pretty fast.

I thought that was the case as well but apparently there is evidence that Luck has no bearing on repairs. (according to gamepedia)

The luck stat was once believed to also affect how many QTEs a counselor would have to work with on a given repair, sometimes lowering the amount necessary to complete the job. However, with the release of the counselor Mitch who had high repair, yet low luck, it was revealed this was false since he consistently had low amounts of QTEs in order to repair an objective, despite having low luck.

2 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

I thought that was the case as well but apparently there is evidence that Luck has no bearing on repairs. (according to gamepedia)

The luck stat was once believed to also affect how many QTEs a counselor would have to work with on a given repair, sometimes lowering the amount necessary to complete the job. However, with the release of the counselor Mitch who had high repair, yet low luck, it was revealed this was false since he consistently had low amounts of QTEs in order to repair an objective, despite having low luck.

Mitch has low amount of qtes constantly because he has high repair. Chad has low repair but can get low amount of qtes because of his good luck. Spam the repairs and see for yourself(repair and cancel until you get low qte. usually only takes 2 or 3 tries). Then test this with another counselor with low repair low luck. I believe it is a thing, or I just get really lucky. lol Its the main reason I play chad. Hes the only fast decent repair counselor I have found. 

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Mitch has low amount of qtes constantly because he has high repair. Chad has low repair but can get low amount of qtes because of his good luck. Spam the repairs and see for yourself(repair and cancel until you get low qte. usually only takes 2 or 3 tries). Then test this with another counselor with low repair low luck. I believe it is a thing, or I just get really lucky. lol Its the main reason I play chad. Hes the only fast decent repair counselor I have found. 

It's easy enough to get a 5-6 shot check with Vanessa, too. The repair deficit in this game isn't nearly as punitive as the stamina one, and luck is big because having a "stand and fight" character who leaves every second shot for a new weapon is not ideal.

11 minutes ago, SDA said:

It's easy enough to get a 5-6 shot check with Vanessa, too. The repair deficit in this game isn't nearly as punitive as the stamina one, and luck is big because having a "stand and fight" character who leaves every second shot for a new weapon is not ideal.

hmmm, usually takes me multiple tries as Vanessa to the point im just like fuck it and do the 7 or 8 checks. Maybe I need to test this out more though if you think they are the same. Vanessa does have 6 luck though so not terrible.

3 minutes ago, FridayThe31st said:

Doesn’t luck also reduce the amount of damage you take when going through broke windows?

Not at all. Way back before, yes. Even without thick skin if you had 6 luck or more you would survive 2 traps.

That's been changed long time ago 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Summerofheat said:

Not at all. Way back before, yes. Even without thick skin if you had 6 luck or more you would survive 2 traps.

That's been changed long time ago 

Ohh, ok thanks for clarifying that. I wasn’t sure if that was a thing anymore. 

18 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

Luck

• Increased weapon durability.

• Slightly increases the amount of Stamina gained for breaking out of Jason's grab.

• Slightly increases the amount of Stamina gained from hitting Jason with a melee weapon (the amount is very minuscule).

• Decreases the time needed to start a repaired car or boat.

• Luck has no bearing whatsoever on stun chance; (until today I thought it did lol)

To add to this list luck also uses less stamina for dodging. And I get better skill checks to like what @badassgixxer05 was saying. Anytime I’ve used Vanessa it’s been more difficult getting a good skill check, with Chad I get it faster. 

Other than starting the car and boat faster, luck is now absolutely useless with the Rage update.

Unlike @DontZzz34 I've never seen a difference in repairing between Chad or Vanessa. 

7 hours ago, SirMang said:

Other than starting the car and boat faster, luck is now absolutely useless with the Rage update.

Unlike @DontZzz34 I've never seen a difference in repairing between Chad or Vanessa. 

Would need to be tested more thoroughly I guess to know for sure if luck helps get better skill checks.