Sign in to follow this  
DefiantEnd

Offline counselors?

Hey all,

I posted a question not to long ago to Matt in the patch section as a suggestion about this, but just wanted to see what the community thought as I still like the idea. Though it all boils down to priorities with the game I suppose.

I tried searching and didn't see any previous threads. With that all said, how would you all feel about being able to play as counselors offline with Jason as AI? I personally would love to be able to still do that expierence, especially when the servers go down eventually. 

I've been having a blast even just playing as Jason against the bots when I get tired of online sessions. 

• Like 2

I wish they did have a Jason AI bot so that you can play as a counselor on offline mode. Even if it’s not the best AI I still would like this game mode. But would this count as new content?

Well, I thought of that myself but think the answer is no. 

It's virtually just reworking what's already in the game and making Jason an AI. I could be totally wrong though! 

I think it is something that should have been there if not from the start then shortly after. Seeing as how the majority of time played in the game is counselor and majority of the unlocks/dlc is for counselors it would have made sense to have it so that all of those could still be utilized when the servers are shut off.

@PackASnack_Lodge. I thought the exact thing. Alot of the dlc paid for is for counselors. Maybe I could post in the suggestion thread if the community wants it enough? I don't know if it would make a difference, as they are focused on other things but maybe it's a possibility since new content is unable to be added?

An AI Jason should definitely have been something the developers included in the game.....even a simpler AI that only uses slashes or minimal powers to make it easier to code would have been highly sought after by the community.

The topic has been discussed a few times on here in the past. It was said that a believable Jason AI was not possible by this team.

Many people here would like to have seen an AI Jason. I am one of those people.

I still ponder from time to time how that could have even if the game went in a different direction.I

@OCT 31 1978, I agree that a simple-minded AI Jason would have been better than none at all.

@PackASnack_Lodge, we're still hoping for peer to peer for online matches once the servers shut down, along with offline profile access and the ability to hold more than 30 perks.

@FridayThe31st, it would likely be new content. Even if it isn't, it would probably be beyond the scope of their ability so late in the development cycle of the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DefiantEnd said:

how would you all feel about being able to play as counselors offline with Jason as AI? I personally would love to be able to still do that expierence, especially when the servers go down eventually. 

If this could be really provided in the future (new content argument aside) I would vote for this, only this and to only put all remaining workload and concentration into this and leaving all other bugs, glitches as they are.

There had been many discussions so far in this forum, some pleading for some „ALIEN“ like AI, this would be great, for sure,  but I think a Jason AI would be far more difficult to program: we do not only are Talking about 1:1 scenarios in a spaceship with narrow passages, but on a 1:8 scenario at an open camp.

• 3 counselors in a cabin, which one should the AI attack?

• 2 counselors at a car, 2 at the boat, 1 fixing the phone, which one should Jason attack?

• Tommy and SG at the shack, which tactic for AI Jason, hide in the water, attack and be killed?

of course, also the offline bots would need an upgrade in their brains, otherwise imagine an offline match, were you get killed by AI Jason, then wait to become Tommy and all remaining offline counselors are running past Tommy‘s radio and do not know how to call him...

@Wolledc. You can see how there could be some issues for sure! You bring up valid points. 

I will be the first to admit, I don't know the first thing about implementing an AI or how hard it is, but I would still love to see it in some way if it's possible. 

They've already said that a Jason AI is never happening, and for obvious reasons. Counselor AI is much easier to program, and as surprisingly well-done they are (yes, they're buggy, but overall not horrible), they wouldn't have to do even a fraction of what a Jason AI would have to do. There's so many variables they would have to consider that a small dev could never get it working effectively in a million years. We'd end up finding Jason endlessly walking into a rock on the far side of the map every game.

I can't even think of a big-budget, AAA game that has a single AI character search for and pursue you in a large and completely open-world setting. Anyone?