I originally ask for this when the game came out, but then there was content being released for the game back to back, there was no need for it.  However, currently development for this game is dead, and there are no plans for it to be resurrected.  I am proposing to allow mod support as long as it is 100% cosmetic.  This includes textures and 3d meshes to enhance the looks of the game or to incorporate more outfits to the existing counselors.  I firmly believe that this will open up the doors to more players and bring back some of the old ones.  Again, not asking for cheats and hacks, but visual enhancements to add more flavor.   Will like to see what the community will make.

2 hours ago, Neonseraphim said:

I originally ask for this when the game came out, but then there was content being released for the game back to back, there was no need for it.  However, currently development for this game is dead, and there are no plans for it to be resurrected.  I am proposing to allow mod support as long as it is 100% cosmetic.  This includes textures and 3d meshes to enhance the looks of the game or to incorporate more outfits to the existing counselors.  I firmly believe that this will open up the doors to more players and bring back some of the old ones.  Again, not asking for cheats and hacks, but visual enhancements to add more flavor.   Will like to see what the community will make.

I myself would love to see mods like this be a thing, hell even mods to create new maps since the game is in dire need of new locations. I would love to see it made available for all platforms.

Well, creating maps actually affects gameplay.  I think cosmetic mods could be a good start.  If the F13th team wants to expand it later on to allow people to submit maps then after revision the will add it to the game, by all means.   However, for maps they will need to release a tool that the community can use with all the approved 3d elements (kind like a map editor for heroes of might and magic 4 where you can place available objects in a 3d field) so I really will not know if that will be possible.  But will be awesome.

11 minutes ago, Neonseraphim said:

Well how long ago was that?

Not too long ago. It has to do with them not being able to allow modifications to the game due to them not having the authority to give the rights to F13. 

Well, they do not have to add the mods.  It is the consumers who purchased the game who will have the choice to add the mods they downloaded from a moders site, like Nexus.  They just have to open the game to support those mods that are purely cosmetic.  Like simple texture edits or meshes.

After the lawsuit is over.

why cant Wes Keltner help a professional modding team company get permission to add mods to the game.

1 hour ago, Neonseraphim said:

Well, they do not have to add the mods.  It is the consumers who purchased the game who will have the choice to add the mods they downloaded from a moders site, like Nexus.  They just have to open the game to support those mods that are purely cosmetic.  Like simple texture edits or meshes.

As @Dragonfire82877 stated, it is a matter of the rights. Gun answers to the owners of those licensing rights. The current lawsuit further complicates the situation.

Cosmetic mods would retain and possibly bring back a very small portion of players. However, if the major bugs are still a thing, those returning players will just potentially walk away again.

We know there are some talented people out there. With the state of things as they are, we'll probably never get to see that potential.

7 hours ago, Strigoi said:

After the lawsuit is over.

why cant Wes Keltner help a professional modding team company get permission to add mods to the game.

Because that would be Gun putting more money into the game. They have already stated that no matter when the lawsuit is over, they aren’t adding anything to the game. This game as it currently is (with the exception of bug/glitch fixes) is in its final form. 

Well.  Okay.  How about when the game runs and does its security integrity check of game files is set to ignore those files that deal with textures and meshes.  To my understanding the reason why this game can't be molded is due to security checks it does for file integrity to prevent hackers.  Can it be set ignores the texture and mesh files so that people can do as they please with them?