Sign in to follow this  
Vason Jorhees

New punishment system for users that leaves the matches.

Hi, i think you should, as the title says, put a new system that punishes the players who leaves the match after start, like cs go. Its very annoying being Jason and they makes you lose points for leave the match.

Welcome to the forum @Vason Jorhees.

It's not that you lose XP for the players leaving early. You just have less points that are attainable for that match.

Find your way to the gamertag thread here on the forum. You can find some decent players there, and hopefully have fewer matches of people leaving prematurely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Welcome to the forum @Vason Jorhees.

It's not that you lose XP for the players leaving early. You just have less points that are attainable for that match.

Find your way to the gamertag thread here on the forum. You can find some decent players there, and hopefully have fewer matches of people leaving prematurely.

Well, less points is points lose, at least is my opinion. I think is really necesarry a system which put a punish to those players who leaves the match. Its bored being Jason and in the begin all the people exit game. 

Not sure how an effective punishment system should /could work (with the experience we got from the recent salt mines...)

Actually, I think we do not need any punishment system at all - here are my reasons why and what I suggest instead of it. 

In my opinion the players that quit right after the start are mostly the ones that had hoped to play as Jason by themselves and when they realize they didn’t get him, quit and just hop to another lobby (main reasons: to improve their Jason skills, get the Jason matches for the 500, 1000 Jason matches trophies).

This is surely annoying for all 3 player categories:

Jason: matches too easy / boring with only 4-5 counselors at start, especially on bigger maps like Pinehurst (not all of us care about the reduced possible XP, as a level 150 Player with 300.00 XP and nothing to spend on anymore, a penalty of 1000 XP wouldn’t matter to them)

remaining players: chances to fix objects / survive the night are reduced with only 4-5 of them at start, also especially on bigger maps (frustration especially for newbie players)

quitted Players: have again to wait for a next lobby, everybody to ready up and the next match to start (frustration might also rise in them, finally leading into decreasing player base, especially when they also get a punishment - not XP, but ban for 5 minutes - on top of that)

Here are my suggestions (for Quickplay)

• any lobby filled with 8 players, the match starts immediately, no countdown time at all, no waiting time for the 7 others to ready up

• once the intro has started and the player who was chosen as Jason is viewable for everybody (some players then quit the lobby), there Is 1 further minute...

A. the first 60 sec of the already started Match, where the first counselors start looting cabins,

B. Still the loading screen | intro with the shown chosen Jason Player

....in which new players (which were still looking for a lobby) are drawn into this very match to fill in the empty place(s) of the quitted players.

Not possible?

• Sometimes a lobby of 5 players  has readied up, they start a match (countdown to zero), but in the next overview there are also additional players joining (till the intro scene), so not sure when there is the actual final cut off, where no one can enter anymore? There has to be some kind of trigger, which maybe could be postponed for 60 sec (after it’s obvious who gets to be Jason).

=> the waiting time will be reduced for all players, quickplay matches would have a higher amount of players in it. More fun / more XP for those who need it

@mattshotcha is this a totally crazy wishful thinking of mine or something, which could be modified with some „little changes“ in the background? not sure if it would count as new content or „just as some possible mechanical changes?“

16 hours ago, Vason Jorhees said:

Well, less points is points lose, at least is my opinion. I think is really necesarry a system which put a punish to those players who leaves the match. Its bored being Jason and in the begin all the people exit game. 

Punishing players for leaving a match (especially for those lobby hopping to be Jason) would probably make some people stop playing altogether. It is unfortunate that people leave a match for any reason, but a punishment system at this late stage in the game is not very likely to happen. The developers are not quite done supporting this game, so we'll see what the future holds.

An alternative is to play Quick Play, make some friends, and send invites to each other.

@Wolledc, I would be concerned about changing the ready up dynamic. There may be some people who step away for a quick bathroom break or smoke. It may not be a lot of people, but they should be given a chance to do things like these as needed. If only players who were ready would just "ready up", then we wouldn't need any kind of penalty.

The Salt Mines proved to be a less than ideal solution. If another attempt at a penalty system were to be implemented, I can only imagine the unintended consequences of that to be.

• Like 3

@Fair Play those who want to take a smoke or take their rest room time, can do it nevertheless.

They would a. lose only some seconds in the game, less time looting cabins till Jason shows up or b. it would be still the loading screen, but now with clarity who gets to be Jason.

Non chosen Jason players could quit, new ones fill in, once the smoker/restroom players come back they wouldn’t notice a change.

There are currently no plans to create any type of punishment system. And the ideas mentioned by @Wolledc might be a little too far outside of the scope at this stage. But I'll note the feedback for the team. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2020 at 4:42 AM, Wolledc said:

• any lobby filled with 8 players, the match starts immediately, no countdown time at all, no waiting time for the 7 others to ready up

I like this idea and I don't know why they wouldn't do that.  Sure, sometimes you won't have time to pick your character but that happens anyhow when you sometimes get thrown right into a match, replacing players who quit after the lobby but before the cut-scene.

38 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

sometimes you won't have time to pick your characte

Any Character or Jason preferences, or changes of perks or clothing should be set before entering an online Lobby,  this would save a lot of time for everybody else.

43 minutes ago, Wolledc said:

Any Character or Jason preferences, or changes of perks or clothing should be set before entering an online Lobby,  this would save a lot of time for everybody else.

Once I am in a lobby I prefer to change my character to a counselor who isn't already chosen.  But if it speeds the lobby waiting times up I wouldn't mind having to choose before entering a lobby.

It would also be nice if Private Match lobbies also made people automatically ready-up.  The #1 reason I exit out of a Private Match lobby is when people unready-up 1 second before the match begins....multiple times.