56 minutes ago, MartianManhunter said:

Personally, I think Jason is too OP, and half of my counselor perks are useless with Jason being invincible after 10 minutes. Counselors need a 4th perk. Jason's grab should have a little cool down time of about 2-3 seconds. It's never worked properly, and I have enough to deal with as counselor...team killing, people helping Jason, bugs, glitches, etc. This game is not balanced.

I hope this is a joke post .......but probably not.....so...

The game is not supposed to be balanced.

Jason is not invincible at any point ....dude please.

A Grab cool down ??? What kind of ridiculous idea is that anyway???

Do you have to wait 2-3 seconds anytime you want to grab something??

How would you like a 2- 3 second cool down on counselor weapon swinging?
or

2 - 3 second cool down when med spraying?

or 

2 - 3 second cool down on grabbing and switching weapons/ items ?

Jason players have glitches and issues to overcome just as much as counselors players......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MartianManhunter and Strigoi related or possibly one in the same? LOL It's more closer to 15 minutes till Jason gets rage assuming he's taken very little damage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MartianManhunter said:

Personally, I think Jason is too OP, and half of my counselor perks are useless with Jason being invincible after 10 minutes. Counselors need a 4th perk. Jason's grab should have a little cool down time of about 2-3 seconds. It's never worked properly, and I have enough to deal with as counselor...team killing, people helping Jason, bugs, glitches, etc. This game is not balanced.

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

Mental note to myself: I should really stop posting ironic stuff about any grab cooldowns for Jason, they might be taken for real and become a doctrine for some people...

In the end: Everything’s a matter of perspective: ask any offline bot and he will agree that Jason is OP and invincible. 😅

On 2/18/2020 at 2:27 PM, MartianManhunter said:

Personally, I think Jason is too OP, and half of my counselor perks are useless with Jason being invincible after 10 minutes. Counselors need a 4th perk. Jason's grab should have a little cool down time of about 2-3 seconds. It's never worked properly, and I have enough to deal with as counselor... This game is not balanced.

Can't believe posts liek this still exist in 2020

Give Jason a cool down for his grab?    Spamming grab doesn't make it easier to grab counselors, it actually makes it easier for counselors to attack Jason.  Ain't NO Jasons walking around spamming grab.   So this is pointless.

Also the 'game is not balanced' comment always......always cracks me up.

I think sometimes people forget that the point of this game...literally... is for the counselors to die. 

Sometimes nobody escapes, sometimes everyone escapes, sometimes Jason dies.  If on average, 1 counselor escapes each match then the game is balanced exactly as it should be (just like the movies).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

I think sometimes people forget that the point of this game...literally... is for the counselors to die. 

Sometimes nobody escapes, sometimes everyone escapes, sometimes Jason dies.  If on average, 1 counselor escapes each match then the game is balanced exactly as it should be (just like the movies).

Right. I tell this to people who message me after I kill them. Even when people rage quit when they’re being killed, they expect to survive and just beat up Jason and stuff. I like to say this is Friday the 13th, you should expect to die. 

On 2/17/2020 at 10:42 PM, GeneiJin said:

Well, Post Engine Grab is objectively weaker than Pre-Engine.  I know not everyone is going to agree with me, but it always bothered me when I see Jasons just spamming and twirling grab, with no thought or concern.  It was both an attack and avoiding swings.  I know a lot of Jason players liked it (because they benefited from it) but IMO engaging gameplay comes from throughout actions and commitments and the risks associated with them.  Jason spamming the grab is not committing to anything; "maybe I'll grab him, maybe I'll avoid his attack and grab him afterwards, I don't know 🤣".  Jason's grab now is fine and fair (considering it leads to instant death)  Nice range, covers the front of Jason just enough, maybe recovery can be reduced, and there is an consequence for missing it, encouraging to use it thoughtfully.  The removal of meat-shielding is what hurt the grab covering groups more than it's mechanics change.

Yes, Jason was stronger then, but meta turn-around is more so from the fact that players are now so much more experienced of how to play the game and take advantage of Jason's weakness.  Even with the stronger grab, meat-shielding, counselor's friendly-fire from the launch build, Killing Jason has fundamentally always been the same.  Sweater, Tommy, Demasked, Dead.   If there is any one change I'd cite on making Jason easier to kill, is that Tommy spawning with a PK and Spray.  Tommy was much easier to kill on sight, he is now afforded 1 or 2 mistakes more when he'd be dead otherwise before that change (btw, I'm not necessarily against this buff, but Jason should have gotten something in return) .   But despite these changes, I'd still believe had the game stayed similar to launch we'd still be complaining that Jason's too easy to kill today.

if you didnt play at launch you wouldnt know, the current grab isnt the only thing that makes Jason weak,  this game was sold to backers like me , that Jason would be Op and people would have to work to survive, it is the complete opposite now, it is zero challenge to beat, chain stun, troll , escape, or kill jason,  Jason should have been improved on the change in meta, not the opposite. Anyone who thinks  otherwise is just kidding themsleves or doesnt like to be challenged

As a player who plays a Jason his grab is more balanced now. It requires skill to aim properly and you get a baseball bat in the old hockey mask if you're careless with it. The launch "Darth Vader" grab was over powered dispite being fun to use.

The stubby nerfed version of the original grab was terrible especially when they gave enough firepower to the counselors to make the U.S. Marines jealous. Those were dark days for Jason. Getting stun locked repeatedly by shotguns and flare guns while everyone danced around. It was pretty bad and slashing was your best offensive option. 

Then the Pinehurst update came and the grab's range was extended a bit and Jason gained a slight speed increase. That version of grab wasn't bad. But it had a pretty short animation. It wasn't a problem when you had enough weapons hold back a squad size element. But with the weapon nerf it could be annoying to try to land a positive hit on Jason especially if the Jason player knew what he was doing. 

The final form of grab is acceptable to me for two reasons. When Jason could just spam grab and score 8/8 as much as I had fun with it I felt it took no real skill. Since the post-engine grab was implemented it feels more satisfying to land a well timed grab. I missed several grabs on a solid Chad player today. He womped me good a few times. He even threw up a victory pose. I laughed and kept hunting. I eventually caught Chad and his Vanessa partner. They died screaming in my grasp. 

At the end of the day grab is perfectly balanced. You could bring back shielding and I would be ok with it. I think Tommy hitting Jason during Rage is a cool edition to Private that I wouldn't mind carrying over to Quick but that is a whole different balance issue entirely. Overall since the Rage update I think things are pretty well balanced. Especially if Jason isn't receiving any outside help. 

any spped advantage Jason got with the pinehust map has been patched out long ago, he is slower than he was at launch and the campers are faster, you can also still get chain stunned until rage.