Sign in to follow this  
The Gunslinger

Everyone post your roleplay ideas here

So one thing I've been thinking lately is that people sometimes forget about having fun and just go full tryhard asshole mode and forcing the rest of the lobby to be one as well. I do not have any ideas how can you roleplay in Friday the 13th, so I'm asking those who knows. Post your roleplay ideas. What to say as what character, what to do amd when to do. I'm sure you all have crazy ideas, so go on and post them. I'll try to post any footage I think viable. Thank you!

Back when the game first came out there were a lot of people who would roleplay as the counselor they chose, but I don’t see a lot of this now. As you said, I feel like a lot of the time nobody is talking to each other and they are taking the game too seriously.

For role playing in this game I always thought it would be fun to take on the role of the counselor you’re playing as and try to do what they would do in every situation. Like if you’re playing Chad you’d go with the classic my dad owns this place thing. Lol. 

You can also talk with others and act like you’re really trying to survive, which can make the game more exciting because you can be talking then your teammate stops talking, and you find out they’re dead.

• Thanks 1

My role in the game? I am a happy naive vacationer having some horror fun at camp crystal lake.  

Real life can be stressful enough, therefore no use to re-live those parts in the game.

So maybe there is another role for me in the game: I try to repair, fix, beat and help others out and enjoy having fun with them together.

• Like 1

I Guess you could talk through the mic and pretend your really camping and running from Jason.

My Counselor is The Hippie Mitch Floyd. 

I Dont see a way to role play and get into character more when playing the game.

If you want to play the game with me my gammer tag on ps4 is Trumper-Punker

2 hours ago, FridayThe31st said:

Like if you’re playing Chad you’d go with the classic my dad owns this place thing. Lol. 

I used to do this as Chad and tell Jason or other counselors that my dad is gonna be pissed and you'll have a bill for 100 dollars in the mail to replace the window when one of them broke it.  And I would chastise Jason for breaking the doors and then tell him that that door cost 28 dollars and that his mother better pay for it.  Or would tell counselors to get out of my cabin because my dad wasn't home and he didn't want me having guests and if they broke something he'd be pissed.   Among other things along the way LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, FridayThe31st said:

Back when the game first came out there were a lot of people who would roleplay as the counselor they chose, but I don’t see a lot of this now. As you said, I feel like a lot of the time nobody is talking to each other and they are taking the game too seriously.

And here I am trying to revive a dead dream. 

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

I used to do this as Chad and tell Jason or other counselors that my dad is gonna be pissed and you'll have a bill for 100 dollars in the mail to replace the window when one of them broke it.  And I would chastise Jason for breaking the doors and then tell him that that door cost 28 dollars and that his mother better pay for it.  Or would tell counselors to get out of my cabin because my dad wasn't home and he didn't want me having guests and if they broke something he'd be pissed.   Among other things along the way LOL

Yeah I love those Chad roleplays. I never see people doing this anymore, it was funny as hell. You can dress Chad with the white pants and tell Jason “my dad is gonna sue you if you gets blood my clothes.” Lol.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, FridayThe31st said:

Yeah I love those Chad roleplays. I never see people doing this anymore, it was funny as hell. You can dress Chad with the white pants and tell Jason “my dad is gonna sue you if you gets blood my clothes.” Lol.

I went with the Cobra Kai look...and would tell people "look when Jason gets close to you, my dad said to sweep his leg"  And then when Jason would kill someone near me I would shout out "put em in a body bag"

Had to tie in Karate Kid.  LOL 

Jenny The Enforcer.   I don't really do anything in the game, I just over look everything.  Most Jasons can't really do anything to me, so they'll eventually just ignore me. I'll help by leaving items or guns at key locations to see what the lobby does with it, or if I see trolls holding key items, I'll aid Jason opening doors for him or being an obstetrical to them.  If there's a lame kill-squad (Something like 4 Vanessa and spamming small maps) I'll just grab the sweater and rock it for the entire game. 

Its hard to role play the game when you think about all the ideas they talked about before gameplay was a glint in the eyes of the players that never came to fruition.

I remember those early videos going on about how the counselors would spawn in doing different things at match start. I remember Jason spawning from the lake instead of the repetitive cutscene of him randomly being back at his shack after startling everybody. A lot of things that just never made sense, etc.

I know im probably being unreasonable looking for logic in a game about a supernatural killer, but the game had the opportunity to be more dynamic than what it ended up being and given what it made money wise due to backers and post buys/launch...it should've been.

I feel like they tried to make up for this with singleplayer challenges, but when you can't bring that kind of role playing experience to the multiplayer game. It kinda disqualifies it for me and it makes the multiplayer aspect of this game feel too basic and vanilla and very top heavy in terms of meta...which it ended up being.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Its hard to role play the game when you think about all the ideas they talked about before gameplay was a glint in the eyes of the players that never came to fruition.

I remember those early videos going on about how the counselors would spawn in doing different things at match start. I remember Jason spawning from the lake instead of the repetitive cutscene of him randomly being back at his shack after startling everybody. A lot of things that just never made sense, etc.

I know im probably being unreasonable looking for logic in a game about a supernatural killer, but the game had the opportunity to be more dynamic than what it ended up being and given what it made money wise due to backers and post buys/launch...it should've been.

I feel like they tried to make up for this with singleplayer challenges, but when you can't bring that kind of role playing experience to the multiplayer game. It kinda disqualifies it for me and it makes the multiplayer aspect of this game feel too basic and vanilla and very top heavy in terms of meta...which it ended up being.

Well, you are right. I just started to play again after a long break because I had discovered DbD and spent the same amount of time on it as F13. 300 hours both. Both has bugs, but dbd is way more frusturating than f13. But f13 died, so does the feeling it gave me, i no longer feel scared, excited, adrenaline. I just play the game with my neutral face. I hoped forum had ideas to change this. Dead dream am i right?